PDA

View Full Version : WildKart Jin stirrup irons?

Angel Undercover
May. 17, 2009, 01:25 AM
Has anyone tried the Jin irons? Other than the wide footbed I can't really see what so special about them, but several people have recommended them. Thoughts?

Evalee Hunter
May. 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm bumping you up. I generally don't ride English so who am I to talk about strirrup irons, right?

I did a search on the irons & found a listing & picture. I have to say they are pretty pricey! I think from the picture they are jointed at the bottom (swivel down so it is easy to keep your heels down). Is that correct? I would think that the wider foot bed might help some people because they would spread the foot pressure over a larger area.

Moocow
May. 17, 2009, 11:31 AM
I believe they're not jointed. At least the ones that I rode in. I only rode in them a couple times in a friend's saddle but I thought they were great! That wider foot bed makes it really comfy, I found. Just that touch more to make to feel a bit more balanced. I didn't realize they were so pricey, though - OUCH!! I won't be buying any anytime soon. :P

Did_you_say_horse
Jul. 31, 2009, 07:01 AM
I've ridden in a pair and they have been the best stirrups, I've ridden in so far!
Instead of normal stirrup that you only feel on you balls of your foot, these make you feel like you are standing on the ground!!

but... I wouldn't use them as everyday riding.. they are better suited as Show jumping stirrups or cross-country!

but other than that they are worth the money!

Pony Soprano
Aug. 1, 2009, 07:53 PM
They are very popular in Europe. The Dutch riders even have them in orange to match their riding coats. I tried them in a friend's saddle and wasn't overly impressed, but I have the flex royal rider's that I absolutely love so I am already a little spoiled ;)

LovesHorses
Aug. 2, 2009, 12:18 AM
I LOVE them! I have a friend who will be selling all the colors later this year...and at a much better price. I'll keep you all posted.

DTL
Dec. 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
LovesHorses- Any info on your friend selling Jin stirrups?

mroades
Nov. 22, 2010, 09:05 PM
bump

AlterEgo63
Nov. 22, 2010, 11:00 PM
I like them a lot.

And if someone is going to be selling the colors cheaper I'd love to know.

mroades
Nov. 22, 2010, 11:08 PM
I tried them recently, and fell in love.....but 200..YIKES

Peggy
Nov. 22, 2010, 11:17 PM
Are the ones in this photo (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31603334&l=90964b08f8&id=1052681066) the stirrups in question? I was wondering where the rider got pink stirrups

smm20
Nov. 22, 2010, 11:43 PM
If you're after a wider footbed, try these first:
http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=6038&cm_vc=Search

They fit over normal iron stirrup and because they wrap around it, the footbed becomes wider. For $30 vs. $200+ it's at least worth a shot. I've had mine now for over a year, and not only have they not worn down at all, my previous foot numbness problems have entirely disappeared.