PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about hunter hair...

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
All this talk about hunter hair...

Do my ears really look THAT big? Is it really that distracting? Be honest. I can take it.
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2530285970048495570oUHvKH

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 04:47 PM
Maybe if I pinned them back under my hat? :cry::cry:

RomeosGirl
May. 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
Maybe if I pinned them back under my hat? :cry::cry:
But I think that will seriously affect the fit of your hat
I know you only asked for a critique of your ears, but, really your helmet is FAR to small

JOBEAN
May. 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
You're too funny!!

see u at x
May. 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

I don't understand what all the fuss is. I never do the hunter hair thing because I have a TERRIBLE time trying to do my hair. Seriously, I'm lucky that I'm capable of blow drying it straight every day, but beyond that, forget it. I put my hair in a ponytail and throw on the hairnets so nothing sticks out, shove it up under my helmet, and I'm good to go. I've even gone cubbing like that and nobody said a word. And how can they be Dumbo ears? I mean, unless you're Prince Charles, your ears can't stick out THAT much can they? My helmets are thicker than the distance between my ears and my skull, if that makes sense.

carrie_girl
May. 15, 2009, 04:52 PM
But I think that will seriously affect the fit of your hat
I know you only asked for a critique of your ears, but, really your helmet is FAR to small

LOL! You're killing me!

snaffle635
May. 15, 2009, 04:52 PM
The problem is not how it looks. The problem is that you have an unfair advantage against other competitors because you can lift your horse over the fence with your wings, um, I mean ears.

Every division should be split into two divisions. For example, there should be AO's WITH hunter hair, and AO's with dumbo ears.

snaffle635
May. 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Seriously, though...what gets me is not whether people like or don't like hunter hair. It's that someone says 'I need help with x' and someone else replies 'x is stupid'. THAT gets me!

Pirateer
May. 15, 2009, 04:58 PM
Girlfriend, you need an Otoplasty in a BIG way.

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 05:00 PM
Girlfriend, you need an Otoplasty in a BIG way.

I love my ears. I like to have them pet. My mom always told me the were pretty and not to change a thing just because other people didn't like them. :cry:

Trixie
May. 15, 2009, 05:09 PM
They'd really be MOST inappropriate if you shoved them into a showbow.

Sing Mia Song
May. 15, 2009, 05:21 PM
How about a ShowBow on EACH EAR?? :lol:

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 05:23 PM
I don't care what you all say. I love my ears and YES they do help my horse jump better!

You wont be laughing at me when I kick your butts in the hunter and eq classes.

Poor ears. They're so soft and pretty.

GLAD NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MY NOSE! :mad:

zahena
May. 15, 2009, 05:39 PM
Jesus Tidy who can see that nose with your two sputnik sized ears holding that poor horse down? You must have back muscles like a body builder because if you don't hold yourself off your horse, you could EASILY cause a serious crash dropping them on the forehand like that. No more LYING on the neck of your horse okay?

*P.S. I hear if you rub the tips of her ears, she gets very quiet and loving because it releases some endorphine, just like a dog..... *

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 06:20 PM
Wow, Z, you're cold hearted.

Mez luvz mez earz. :yes:

zahena
May. 15, 2009, 06:41 PM
Oh I love them too.

Can I take a ride on them?????

fordtraktor
May. 15, 2009, 07:10 PM
The problem is that your ears aren't braided. I mean, really. Kids these days.

superpony123
May. 15, 2009, 07:49 PM
Don't try and hide them. Work with the beauty god has given you! You need to try braiding them, and make sure you put big colorful ribbons at the end of each! Embrace the inner short-stirrup in yourself. Besides, tucking them into your helmet will seriously effect the safety and fit of your helmet!

fordtraktor
May. 15, 2009, 08:01 PM
Ugh, big ribbons, superpony? The thread used for braiding MUST match the color of the ear exactly.

forward ride
May. 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
amazing!

you may be starting a new collar trend too -- collar in two different colors matches helmet in 2 different colors. at least it's something different from all the GR8s and GPAs! :D

i do agree with Sing Mia Song though...show bow on each ear would be most appropriate.

HARROLDhasmyheart
May. 15, 2009, 08:49 PM
I love my ears. I like to have them pet. My mom always told me the were pretty and not to change a thing just because other people didn't like them. :cry:

I believe they are a bit too blinged for the hunter and eq rings. I know you are just trying to stand out and all, but let's be real. I don't know if a judge would even be able to SEE the jumps with those ears in the way.

And have you even considered the likelihood that an ear (or perhaps both of them) will knock down more than a few rails? You should considered having them surgically altered, or braided at the very least, to ensure that you ride better.

You may like them--we cannot change other people's sense of style. However, if you wish to actually PLACE in any class that you enter, you'll have to do some major re-thinking about your presentation.

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 09:51 PM
How exactly do you all suggest I braid MY EARS? Sounds terribly painful Perhaps I could just clip show bows to the ends of them?

HARROLDhasmyheart
May. 15, 2009, 11:38 PM
How exactly do you all suggest I braid MY EARS? Sounds terribly painful Perhaps I could just clip show bows to the ends of them?

Perhaps you could just twist the two together (they look long enough) and finish off with a nice big 'ol show bow at the end. Kind of like a...2 strand braid, I guess.

Sing Mia Song
May. 16, 2009, 07:12 AM
Embrace the inner short-stirrup in yourself.

OMG, I think I have just found my new mantra. Love it! (Although the coffee snorting through my nose was quite painful.)

zahena
May. 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
Wouldn't clipping the bows hurt too though? I"m thinking you need to just put a big, gorgeous bow around the top of each ear and let them just hang on down. Maybe you could curl the ends of the bows?

Or you could roll them up like a button braid and then clip the bow?

Or I say you just say hang it all with hunter, go jumpers, and cover those bad boys and your horses' hooves with matching Twinkly Toes glitter and let 'er fly. Then no one will care about your....er.......confirmation fault.......

EarwenES
May. 16, 2009, 06:13 PM
I'm dying laughing!! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!!!!! I'm going to print your picture for my desk at work. Cute horse, BTW!

tidy rabbit
May. 16, 2009, 07:16 PM
I'm dying laughing!! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!!!!! I'm going to print your picture for my desk at work. Cute horse, BTW!

AHHHH, that's awesome! And that's really how it should be isn't it? :)

tidy rabbit
May. 18, 2009, 08:21 PM
BearWithMe is picking on me on the other thread. She/He states they don't understand why it's hard for me to cover my ears with hair. Clearly BearWithMe hasn't seen my photo on this thread! How mean Bear is to pick on me for something I can't help at all.

BearWithMe
May. 18, 2009, 08:41 PM
bahahahahahahahaha
awwwww its not just you.
ill come to your next show and we'll get those bad boys covered up LOL

zahena
May. 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, but what will that do to the safety of her helmet fit and wouldn't it make her look mushroomy??