PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Alright... confession time - "I'm sorry, but....."

_downpour_
May. 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry, but I love the look of white breeches - so clean & fresh... ahhh

I'm sorry, but I think shad's look silly in the hunter ring & are better left for Dressage.

feel free to add your own.....

MyGiantPony
May. 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I cringe when I see a child wearing a shad...and I grind my teeth when I see a child in jods wearing a shad.

Sing Mia Song
May. 15, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I detest Kippy belts. And not just because it's a fad that has now passed--I hated them at the height of their popularity.

ToolTime
May. 15, 2009, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry, a horse can put together the loveliest hunter round since Rox Dene, but if I can't take on a trail ride, it's useless to me. :lol:

shawneeAcres
May. 15, 2009, 05:16 PM
I.m sorry but I think hunter hair makes you look like the little old ladies that serve lunch at elementary school!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I hate the use of an apology before stating an opinion.

:eek:

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 05:18 PM
I.m sorry but I think hunter hair makes you look like the little old ladies that serve lunch at elementary school!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I hate the feeling of hair over my ears so I just don't do it. I look like a dork anyways the hunter hair isn't going to help me.

Pirateer
May. 15, 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry, but if you don't do hunter hair, I don't take you seriously and mock your Dumbo ears.

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry, but all I see in this photo now is my EAR.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2823225730048495570oAEOeB

All my photos are like this. I think at the next show I'll ask the photographer to photoshop me some hunter hair.

Kimberlee
May. 15, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I like Rust Breeches. They look sooooooooo cute on ponies with little kids on board at schooling shows (very limited on my extent of tolerance to rust, LOL).

I have most likely been brain washed, as the best pair of breeches I had growing up were rust colored. :):):)

MHM
May. 15, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry, but people should make the effort to read the rule book BEFORE they post a rules question.

It's one thing to ask for clarification once in a while, but at least read the rule first.

And don't get snippy when you get called on it. :rolleyes:

MHM
May. 15, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry, but all I see in this photo now is my EAR.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2823225730048495570oAEOeB

All my photos are like this. I think at the next show I'll ask the photographer to photoshop me some hunter hair.
Well, if they can fix the horse's ears, why couldn't they fix yours? :lol:

Renn/aissance
May. 15, 2009, 07:19 PM
I'm not sorry at all, and people who wear shadbellies to local hunter classics need to braid their horses. If you dress up, you'd better dress your horse up too. And checkerboards on the rumps wouldn't come amiss.

theroanypony
May. 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, but if you're showing a small pony, you shouldn't be wearing tall boots. If you're tall enough to wear tall boots, you shouldn't be showing a small pony. :no:

Pirateer
May. 15, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry, but if you're showing a small pony, you shouldn't be wearing tall boots. If you're tall enough to wear tall boots, you shouldn't be showing a small pony. :no:

Addition:
I'm sorry but...
If you have boobs, you wear boots. If you have boots and boobs, don't wear braids!

theroanypony
May. 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Addition:
I'm sorry but...
If you have boobs, you wear boots. If you have boots and boobs, don't wear braids!
haha thank you! That was more eloquently put. :lol: But oh so true.

superpony123
May. 15, 2009, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry but, I'm tired of seeing young (and occasionally NOT so young) ladies exposing themselves a little bit too much at the barn! I mean, I'm 17, i'm not boobless, but I know how to be appropriate and cover up! Is it so hard? I know it's 90 degrees, but wear a baggy t-shirt or something, so I don't have to wonder if your boobs are going to fall out of your too-tight spaghetti strap cami top which is NOT barn-appropriate!! :eyeroll: It's about riding, not cleavage!

HARROLDhasmyheart
May. 15, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry, but I despise the "trainer visors" (you know, the long floppy black ones that attach to your helmet) and think they look ridiculous. Especially if the person wearing them isn't a trainer :)

ImTheOwner
May. 15, 2009, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry, but the snaffle rein AND the curb rein on my pelham are laced. And I show like that. Every show.

tidy rabbit
May. 15, 2009, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I despise the "trainer visors" (you know, the long floppy black ones that attach to your helmet) and think they look ridiculous. Especially if the person wearing them isn't a trainer :)

Do you know where to find this? I want one! I know they look idiotic but anything to keep the sun off my face! Plus I ride alone all the time so no one would see me.

hideyourheart03
May. 15, 2009, 11:12 PM
Do you know where to find this? I want one! I know they look idiotic but anything to keep the sun off my face! Plus I ride alone all the time so no one would see me.

I bought mine at Beval in Saugerties last summer. I can't find it on their website though. It's called an "Equivisor" made by Cashel. Here it is at Victory Canter... http://www.victorycanter.com/Equivisor-p-19800.html

BTW, I LOVE it! I thought they were sooooo ugly at first, but I really do like mine a whole heck of a lot.

snarkey
May. 15, 2009, 11:20 PM
Im sorry but PELHAMS in the hunter ring????? Its a BIG dont!!!! WHY!!!!

Sundown
May. 15, 2009, 11:29 PM
Im sorry but PELHAMS in the hunter ring????? Its a BIG dont!!!! WHY!!!!

Why...? What if your horse goes better in it and jumps better in it? It used to be all they used...

mvp
May. 15, 2009, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry your pelham-going horse isn't broke or strong enough to do his job with a snaffle.

I'm sorry too for the full-cheek twisted wire-wearing kids' or old ladies' hunter.

I'm sorry for the rest of us who put in the dressage time and flat work that these bits are legal.

OK, this is a tad strong. Sorry. Really, this time I mean it.

Tilly
May. 16, 2009, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry, but I've burnt out of the Hunters and am now doing dressage and loving every minute of it :winkgrin:
I mean, :( [:lol:]

ETA:
I'm sorry, but I could really care less if your collar monogram's thread is perfectly matched to the color of your coat. Or whether or not you are riding in a pelham, or in white breeches, or doing hunter hair.

Wow. That felt good.

heatherny2
May. 16, 2009, 12:24 AM
I'm sorry but my saddle didn't cost more than a couple hundred $$, my bridle only cost $15, and my horse wasn't six figures (actually he was free :D ), and my breeches....uh cheapest I could find on ebay...but I.have.fun.
BTW, Tidy, I think your ears are perfectly acceptable, even if they do help you and your horse fly over the jumps...:lol:

ETA: Sorry, yeah, uh, I still wear a pin on my choker (yeah, I grew up calling it a choker and still do) :)

Vandy
May. 16, 2009, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry, but 2'6" hunters do not belong at rated shows....KIDDING, not opening that can of worms again :lol:

Actually, I'm sorry, but GPA's are freakin FUGLY. Especially Speedairs. Yes, I do have one, because it's the only approved show-appropriate helmet I could find that fits me and is comfortable. But every time I put it on, I cringe. It makes me look like an alien, and it makes everyone else look like an alien too.

Meredith Clark
May. 16, 2009, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry but I do NOT want to sit around and listen to you critique and rip apart every rider pictured in this weeks chronicle. I don't care if you beat them at some show i've never heard of 4 years ago.

I'm also sorry but I really don't believe that ONLY custom boots, jackets and saddles fit you and your horse. Even if that was the case did you HAVE to get the alligator trim?

Finally, I'm sorry but I don't want to hear ANY complaints about the barn staff or grooms at your over priced facility. They are doing your work for you, and I bet their doing a damn good job no matter what you say!

Sundown
May. 16, 2009, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry but 95% of people who ride in draw reins are making their horses worse. And the kid on the small pony who's using them, Are you kidding me?!

supershorty628
May. 16, 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry, but insulting my black velvet helmet because it's not one of the new CO helmets doesn't win you any Brownie points.

I'm sorry, but pelhams are among the more traditional bits used for hunters, so don't give me a weird look when you see that my junior hunter went in one.

Oh! My favorite! I'm sorry [officer/steward/etc.], but I really am 17...I just look like I'm 12!!!!

Vandy
May. 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
Oh! My favorite! I'm sorry [officer/steward/etc.], but I really am 17...I just look like I'm 12!!!!Just wait til you're an adult amateur! I had one who at age 26 looked like she was 15 was asked in the show office for her parents to come sign her entry...and had to show her license in addition to USEF card for them to belive her! And once when we went for beers after a show, the waitress would not serve her because she was absolutely certain her (real!) driver's license ID was a fake!

Parker_Rider
May. 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry, but insulting my black velvet helmet because it's not one of the new CO helmets doesn't win you any Brownie points.

I'm sorry, but pelhams are among the more traditional bits used for hunters, so don't give me a weird look when you see that my junior hunter went in one.

Oh! My favorite! I'm sorry [officer/steward/etc.], but I really am 17...I just look like I'm 12!!!!

My fave: I'm sorry Ms. Steward, but I really am 21... I just look like I'm 12 (apparently?)...really? I have to show you my driver's license to drive this SCOOTER at approx 2 mph because there are 2 of us on it?
My not so fave: On a frontier flight once, I had to show my ID to prove I could sit in the emergency exit row. You have to be 15 to sit there, and I was 22 at the time. REALLLY!?!??!

And I'm sorry, too, but my hunter/eq horse goes in a pelham because she gets a *wee* bit strong. She still thinks she's an A/O jumper.

Just wait til you're an adult amateur! I had one who at age 26 looked like she was 15 was asked in the show office for her parents to come sign her entry...and had to show her license in addition to USEF card for them to belive her! And once when we went for beers after a show, the waitress would not serve her because she was absolutely certain her (real!) driver's license ID was a fake!

I once had to show my ID and my passport because the bouncer at trivia night thought it was fake. I've had to do this multiple times too.

RHdobes563
May. 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry, but hunter rounds should NOT be about EVERY horse doing X number of strides over X number of jumps. I'm sorry, but I would like to see odd distances, needing lengthening and shortening, and a rider who knows how to do both. And I'm sorry, if one horse can a 60' distance in 5 strides, and another can do in in 6, as long as they are both smooth, it doesn't matter to me.

precious
May. 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
i'm sorry people who write about distances, don't know their distances, even though i agree i'd like to see alot more options that show we can ride!

Swale01
May. 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
Wow, I agree with A LOT of this - I guess I owe a lot of apologies! :lol:

I have two of my own:

1. I'm sorry...I am hoping that stock pins return to acceptable status...I just think they are very elegant and I would like not having to permanently embroider my collars.

2. I'm sorry, but I think some people like their hunters way too overweight. And it's asking for laminitis and suspensory issues. Nothing pretty about an overweight horse heaving itself over a fence.

Coppers mom
May. 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry, but hunters do not "Gallop". At least not on purpose :lol:

I'm sorry, but GPA's are ugly, as are rust breeches.

I'm sorry, but I think I should be allowed to dole out X number of spankings to bratty children at shows.

ADD526
May. 16, 2009, 05:54 PM
Im sorry but i think a gorgeous and classic TB hunter beats any warmblood any day.

Im sorry but i think 2'6" classes are totally acceptable at the bigger rated shows...maybe just not 10 divisions of them!

Im sorry but just becuase your doing jumpers doesnt mean you can dress crazy or sloppy. Stay conservative please.

Im (not) sorry but if your horse stops and its your fault, you have NO right to beat the heck out of him with your crop. If your horse is stopping becuase its your fault and you dont know its your fault, you shouldnt be jumping what your jumping.

Im sorry, but GPA's? really?! so ugly, especially in the hunter ring. I feel truely sorry for anyone who cant find another brand that fits them.

rugbygirl
May. 16, 2009, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry, I can't get into the whole CO helmet thing. I just can't. I think they look like WWII infantry helmets and I (I am an engineer) just CAN NOT see how that construction can possibly cost $350.00 to fabricate.

Gulp...Troxel.

'Course I am kind of a crap rider, so my helmet choice is usually not of concern ;)

Come Shine
May. 16, 2009, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry but just because you have another horse in another division does not mean you can hold up our ring - IN THE RAIN - for an hour. Seriously, I would have put my horse back in the trailer.

supershorty628
May. 16, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I think I should be allowed to dole out X number of spankings to bratty children at shows.

Two thumbs up!

dogchushu
May. 16, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry but wearing super low rise breeches with shadbellies looks silly. That foot or so of shirt in between the belt and your points ruins the look for me.

I'm sorry but the fact that you don't wear the "in" clothing or have the latest fad in tack is probably not the reason you didn't place. Ditto your horse's breed, color, or whatever.

I'm sorry but I think you should get a 20 point penalty for holding up the ring wihtout a darned good reason (conflicts are okay; wanting to get in 2, 3, 4 more jumps first is not). Even more points off if your trainer is screaming instructions to you all the way around.

bumknees
May. 16, 2009, 08:13 PM
Im sorry but if you think you need your trainer right there attached to your hip in order for you to go into the ring perhaps you should still be at home schooling and learn how to ride with out them there.

PNWjumper
May. 16, 2009, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that TidyRabbit doesn't do hunter hair. I'll never be able to see anything else in any of her pictures or videos.

(:D)

cantercutie
May. 16, 2009, 09:12 PM
I am sorry, but only skinny kids can pull off rust breeches, if anyone.

I am sorry, but rust breeches are never okay with shadbellies, even on skinny kids.

I am sorry, but you shouldn't have to show every weekend to qualify for Medal finals, Devon, indoors, or even get Horse of the Year. If you can't do it in less shows, you don't deserve it.

I am sorry, but I swear no COs fit me and I was just really sick of the other GPAs so I show in the hunters with a SpeedAir.

I am sorry, but I actually like the way black/black SpeedAirs look!

Wow, maybe I need to go to Church to get out the rest of them!

pattnic
May. 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry, but lovely as the grey coats are, they look terrible with beige/tan breeches.

brightwhitestockings
May. 16, 2009, 10:34 PM
Im sorry but i think a gorgeous and classic TB hunter beats any warmblood any day.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Valeureux
May. 16, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry, but...

- I hate hunters. Outside, diagonal, outside, diagonal. I'll take jumpers over them any day, thankyouverymuch

- I think that anyone that gets on their horse to do their round, and then flips the reins to the groom should not be riding. (trainwreck?) :no:

At the last show I went to there was a little kid (6?7?) cleaning her tiny saddle, and when I walked past she was bitching about having to clean her saddle because her personal groom was sick. Honestly kid, what you're doing IS NOT riding. :mad:

that's certainly taking off a load :)

Chylli
May. 16, 2009, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry but I can't stand the sound of the trainer’s voices in the schooling rings. They all sound exactly the same; like they have smoked 100 cartons of cigarettes and they all drag words out. It drives me nuts! Just talk normal!

supershorty628
May. 16, 2009, 10:55 PM
Haha, you don't like hearing a raspy voice going "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG!"?

woodhillsmanhattan
May. 16, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry but I am jelouse of all the 'stuff' jumpers get to wear. I mean really. Why can't hunters dress up in ear bonnets, boots, figure-eight, blunt tail/mane, some rubber reins and then just go slower :)

Madeline
May. 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry but I think you should get a 20 point penalty for holding up the ring wihtout a darned good reason (conflicts are okay; wanting to get in 2, 3, 4 more jumps first is not). Even more points off if your trainer is screaming instructions to you all the way around.

I'm sorry I don't know this poster personally so that I could tell them how smart they are!

Lou-Lou
May. 17, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry, a horse can put together the loveliest hunter round since Rox Dene, but if I can't take on a trail ride, it's useless to me. :lol:

I'm sorry but I can't stand the sound of the trainer’s voices in the schooling rings. They all sound exactly the same; like they have smoked 100 cartons of cigarettes and they all drag words out. It drives me nuts! Just talk normal!

:winkgrin:

Bearhunter
May. 17, 2009, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Rubies and Pearls;4097052]I'm sorry, but I've burnt out of the Hunters and am now doing dressage and loving every minute of it :winkgrin:
I mean, :( [:lol:]

So you are tired of hunters so you are here for what reason?:confused:

Renn/aissance
May. 17, 2009, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry, but people who discriminate against other people's equestrian sport of choice for reasons other than explicit horsemanship concerns are, in my opinion, asking for a sharp rap upside the head.

That said:

I'm sorry, but what you can do with a $34.99 speshul orange whip and a rope halter (only $49.99!) I can do with a dressage whip and whatever halter my horse happens to be wearing.

Possible corollary:

I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate polite acquaintances telling me that my horse is ill-trained or has no manners because he stamps at flies on the trailer, or because he likes to greet people by touching them with his nose. Everyone has a set of manners they find appropriate for horses (with some hard and fast rules like, "No biting, no kicking, no rearing") and you'd better believe that by my standards my horse is suitable for polite company!

tidy rabbit
May. 17, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that TidyRabbit doesn't do hunter hair. I'll never be able to see anything else in any of her pictures or videos.

(:D)

Okay smarty, let's see your doo!

:yes:

PNWjumper
May. 18, 2009, 12:11 AM
Okay smarty, let's see your doo!

:yes:

What's that? I can't hear you through my perfectly done hunter hair...

(just don't look at any of my photos. The...er....lighting, yeah LIGHTING makes it look like I just put my hair in a ponytail and flip it up).

Go Fish
May. 18, 2009, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry, I can't get into the whole CO helmet thing. I just can't. I think they look like WWII infantry helmets and I (I am an engineer) just CAN NOT see how that construction can possibly cost $350.00 to fabricate.

Gulp...Troxel.

'Course I am kind of a crap rider, so my helmet choice is usually not of concern ;)

Tee hee...I think the CO helmets look just like the helmet Sergeant Shultz wore on Hogan's Heroes. Yes, I'm old enough to remember this show, hence the fact that most of the current young riders don't notice this. :D

MissIndependence
May. 18, 2009, 01:57 AM
I'm sorry, but nothing looks much worse then a pronounced thong outline through your breeches ladies. If you can see the line, please decline.

englishivy
May. 18, 2009, 09:40 AM
I'm sorry, but I am over hearing people complain about shamateurs in the A/Os & AAs...the fact that you have are a good enough rider, have a talented (and probably expensive) horse to ride, AND you have the finances to compete at that level should make you happy...quit wasting energy on those who cheat the system and enjoy your own personal success.

supershorty628
May. 18, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry, but while I usually love being short, when I'm walking a course and the jumps come halfway up my face, I sometimes wish I were 5'6''. I walked a level 7 course at a schooling show and just about died (I'm fine riding it!).

Coppers mom
May. 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm tired of golf carts. Well, not all golf carts, just the ones with a junior driving like mad, and 18 preteen girls hanging off the sides making a scene. There's no way to get your horse used to those kinds of shenanigans unless you actually have geniuses like that at your barn.

mvp
May. 18, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'm tired of saddle fitters who know less than I do.

Tack stores (on-line and real) without sufficient inventory and ridiculous trial policies that require the customer to just about buy a saddle in order to make an intelligent "bet" about what will work.

I'm tired of them thinking $2.5K isn't enough money to warrant better, more in-depth and intelligent help.

Pirateer
May. 18, 2009, 01:23 PM

"I'm sorry Lady at the Snack Bar, I am not 15 but AM in fact 23 and do NOT need my parent's permission to start a tab"..

Pirateer
May. 18, 2009, 01:25 PM
I am sorry, but only skinny kids can pull off rust breeches, if anyone.

In the book Fit To Show (Madden/Cooney I believe) they recommend rust breeches for fat-legged riders. :) :) :)

RockinHorse
May. 18, 2009, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry but I think kids should be able to take a 1/2 hour lesson in 60 degree weather without needing to take a break and run to mommy for a sip of water from the water bottle every 10 minutes.

I'm sorry but I love the look of a banged tail, even in the hunters.

theoldgreymare
May. 18, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry, but hunters do not "Gallop". At least not on purpose :lol

I'm sorry people never experienced the days when hunters were supposed to gallop and show brilliance. I am sorry young people have never experienced showing/riding on an outside course where you can gallop.

I'm sorry but your trainer should coach you before your classes, not while you are on course and everyone (including the judge) can hear her shouting at you from the in gate.

Heineken
May. 18, 2009, 01:38 PM
"I'm sorry but your trainer should coach you before your classes, not while you are on course and everyone (including the judge) can hear her shouting at you from the in gate."

I love this one!

I'm sorry I have two TB's :)

BearWithMe
May. 18, 2009, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry, but if you don't do hunter hair, I don't take you seriously and mock your Dumbo ears.

:yes::yes::yes:

Long Spot
May. 18, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm tired of golf carts. Well, not all golf carts, just the ones with a junior driving like mad, and 18 preteen girls hanging off the sides making a scene. There's no way to get your horse used to those kinds of shenanigans unless you actually have geniuses like that at your barn.

Here here! So true.

gmv567
May. 18, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry people never experienced the days when hunters were supposed to gallop and show brilliance. I am sorry young people have never experienced showing/riding on an outside course where you can gallop.

I'm sorry but your trainer should coach you before your classes, not while you are on course and everyone (including the judge) can hear her shouting at you from the in gate.

I AM sorry that I never got to do the outside courses for the hunters. I think the best thing that came to the hunter world in a while is the Hunter Derby.

Also, I am sorry that I am much too large for my pony, I think I know, you don't need to point it out, but there were no other options.

IsolaBella09
May. 18, 2009, 10:52 PM

Or the 12 year old boy driving around like an idiot, crashing into things, and his parents not saying anything. Smile. :winkgrin:

Filly85'
May. 18, 2009, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry, but the right QH can be competitive in the AA regular working hunter division.

I'm sorry, but there isn't an illegal bit in the hunter division.

I'm sorry, but you should not ride in a sports bra without having something else over it.

I'm sorry that most people don't know that it is ok for a rider to be on the wrong diagonal in a hunter under saddle class.

I'm sorry that it is a fad for kids jumping 2' to "lay" on the horse's neck.
I'm sorry that I just said "lay on the horse's neck".
I'm sorry that it isn't proper grammar.
I'm sorry that I have to say I'm sorry for it not being proper grammar.

I'm sorry, but Rachel Alexandra beat Mine That Bird fair and square.

CenterStage123
May. 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry for the judge in the main hunter ring at St. Chris. He doesn't realize that non-warmbloods make good hunters too!:no:

Yes, the judge pinned the same 8 warmbloods in every single class in the divison. The other 12 were throughbred types. I saw some of the warmblood's trips, and who knew a trip with two chips from a warmblood could beat the trip of a tb that flips its tail during lead changes.:confused:

I am also sorry for the posters on here who said the judges at St. Chris were some of the best in the country. I acctually thought the judge I had was one of the worst!:yes:

I am sorry, but I don't do "hunter hair". A total of ONE person at my barn does it (we are a rated show barn) and we all kiddingly made fun of her for doing her hair wrong. I guess the other 15 of us were the ones doing it wrong.

I am sorry that I missed the days of the outside sourses:cry:They would have been so much fun!

AppendixQHLover
May. 18, 2009, 11:47 PM
I am sorry but teen age girls I do not need to see the thong poking out the top of your breeches.

I am sorry but wearing a thong is not comfortable in the saddle all day. I would rather have VPN than chafing from hek.

I am sorry that I will have to start smacking the bratty kids when they talk badly to the trainer, parent, other kids.

I am sorry that the mothers and fathers dont have courage to take said bratty kid home when that happens. (My mom did this a fwe times...got nicer)

I am sorry that my horse is just a QH, he is a big mover and can jump the moon. He just has a owner who is a adult re-rider who has chicken moments.

cantercutie
May. 19, 2009, 12:11 AM
In the book Fit To Show (Madden/Cooney I believe) they recommend rust breeches for fat-legged riders. :) :) :)
I'm sorry, but I disagree. ;)

_downpour_
May. 19, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry, but give me a banged & pulled tail over an unbanged & braided tail ANY DAY

PNWjumper
May. 19, 2009, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry, but while I usually love being short, when I'm walking a course and the jumps come halfway up my face, I sometimes wish I were 5'6''. I walked a level 7 course at a schooling show and just about died (I'm fine riding it!).

ha ha! I've always hated that (though I'm 5'5", so not *that* short)! I'm always so jealous of the 6'+ guys walking the course, both because they get to take these little steps to walk the lines AND the jumps only come up to their rib cage or shoulders when they're at my eye level.

Same goes for walking into the ring on my 15.3h mare. The fences seem so much bigger when I'm sitting on her than they do when I'm on my 17h gelding.

Oh to be a 6'4" person sitting on a 17.2h horse! :lol: (but only from a "how-big-the-fences-look perspective!)

ponymama
May. 19, 2009, 03:55 AM
What's that? I can't hear you through my perfectly done hunter hair...

(just don't look at any of my photos. The...er....lighting, yeah LIGHTING makes it look like I just put my hair in a ponytail and flip it up).

you're a JUMPER... you don't even need to flip it up. ;)