PDA

View Full Version : i'm confused!

skittlespony123
May. 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
What should it mean when there was a horseshow the day your lesson is and it gets cancelled, then your trainer says they will call you again the next day to make another. But they don't call back! What should i do!

LittleGray
May. 10, 2009, 11:38 AM
What gets canceled? The lesson or show?

How bout you just call and see what's up? That sounds like the best idea to me...

eqrider1234
May. 10, 2009, 11:38 AM
What you should do is stop posting pointless threads. Maybe you should let your parents handle this because honestly what advice are you expecting to get off of this forum? as my .02 trainers are busy it is really not that big of a deal to call her back and leave a message if she doesnt answer, it is mothers day and it is a sunday, perhaps her day off?

skittlespony123
May. 10, 2009, 11:42 AM
What gets canceled? The lesson or show?

How bout you just call and see what's up? That sounds like the best idea to me...

yea the lesson got cancelled

hoops04
May. 10, 2009, 11:48 AM
if your trainer is at a show, they prob wont pick up! i know my trainer never did, i would just leave a message! theyll call back eventually!

Im sure this is not a call for you to leave the barn or some weird excommunicating cermony, just a busy trainer at a horse show, like all trainers at a show!

TankMonte
May. 10, 2009, 11:52 AM
You give the trainer a few days to get home, get settled from the show and then call back to reschedule your lesson. Simple. Don't freak.

KateKat
May. 10, 2009, 12:04 PM
it means that they are trying to avoid you and don't want you as a client anymore. Just kidding!

Trainers have a lot to deal with, a lot of client schedules to remember. I know for myself, most of the time its up to me to contact my trainer to schedule times and follow up. So I would just give them a call in a couple days.

tikihorse2
May. 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
Please realize I don't mean this in a mean way at all; I'm just giving you advice. I had to learn this about other things the hard way when I was your age (I'm thinking you're fairly young by the tone of your posts, nothing wrong with that). :)

Your trainer is busy with the show, and right now you're not her top priority. That's the way it is with a lot of things in life. It doesn't at all mean you're not important, just not right at the moment, that's all. :yes: If you don't hear from her in a few days, call her and nicely ask if you can reschedule your lesson. Try not to be upset, and I bet she'll be apologetic about forgetting about you.

Kim

Aliascml
May. 10, 2009, 09:51 PM
I would just call your trainer after the show is over with.

mvp
May. 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think the "you are too young to 'get it' or have an expectation" or "let your parents deal" don't hit the right mark. The OP deserves a serious and respectfully-given answer.

I'd call the trainer the Tuesday after the show and say. "Hey, what up? Can we reschedule my lesson for this week? Give me a call. Thanks."

I don't care who you are. If you are a paying customer and someone working for you says they'll do x, it's reasonable to expect that they will. Of course people get busy and also have more and less important customers (though they ought not to diss anyone they have agreed to do business with).

The OP might be like me-- the child of parents who really weren't that involved. I did a lot of calling (and sometimes paying) by myself.

ReSomething
May. 10, 2009, 11:56 PM
The OP might be like me-- the child of parents who really weren't that involved. I did a lot of calling (and sometimes paying) by myself.

Same here.

Leave a polite message on the trainer's voicemail, when the show is over and everything is cleaned up and put away and the trainer has had a chance to rest the trainer should begin to return calls.
What I do with my trainer is call well ahead of any cancellation on my part and offer an alternative time for a make up, or ask for make up openings.

If my trainer has to cancel we reschedule right then, when she calls me.

My previous trainer had a pool of assistants or substitutes so lessons ran regardless of shows, just not always with a teacher I liked!:lol:

Extreme Chaos
May. 11, 2009, 07:44 AM
Wait until the trainer is home from the show and then call to reschedule.:D

findeight
May. 11, 2009, 09:02 AM
Trainer will get back to you about reschedualing your lesson in the next couple of days.

She would not have rescedualed that lesson for Sunday anyway as she was at the show, did not have her calender handy and, if I were you, I'd let her have today off work.

Leave her a message tomorrow, she will get back to you when she figures out when to reschedual you for.