PDA

View Full Version : tell me the difference between the Crosby PDN and the Crosby Prix de World?

vbunny
May. 9, 2009, 08:26 PM
Guess the title says it all. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Crosby PDN and the Crosby Prix de World? I like some saddles from the Crosby line so far and might take a leap of faith and buy one off ebay for stadium. I know the PDN but not the PDW. Will the knowledgeable weigh in please?

mvp
May. 10, 2009, 06:52 AM
PROTACKGUY can probably tell you.

Or, you can call or e-mail the Walsall Riding Saddle Co. who made/makes Crosby saddles. They have a website. I have never dealt with them directly, but they will be able to give you the definitive answer.

vbunny
May. 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
Excellent idea, thank you. No-one has personal experience to relate?

LetsRide
May. 10, 2009, 03:52 PM
Excellent idea, thank you. No-one has personal experience to relate?

I am not certain but I think those Crosby saddle models were popular thirty-forty years ago. Maybe that's why? ;)

KathyR
May. 10, 2009, 04:31 PM
I have a PDN, bought new in '72, pancake flat-no knee rolls, no blocks, the best saddle I've ever ridden in.

lcw579
May. 10, 2009, 07:19 PM
I have a PDN, bought new in '72, pancake flat-no knee rolls, no blocks, the best saddle I've ever ridden in.

Ditto. Love mine, still ride in it and will never sell it. Fits me like a glove.

ryansgirl
May. 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
Guess the title says it all. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Crosby PDN and the Crosby Prix de World? I like some saddles from the Crosby line so far and might take a leap of faith and buy one off ebay for stadium. I know the PDN but not the PDW. Will the knowledgeable weigh in please?

I have a PDN that I got as a Christmas present back in 1980 - long time ago! Love the saddle - still have it in fact. Flat as can be, no knee rolls - basically nothing to it but you can feel the horse so much better under you with a saddle like that. Still in great shape but doesn't fit my horses nowadays - very narrow tree (I think horses were more narrow years ago and not as broad as they seem now in more current times). I am not familiar with the Prix de World - when did that come out??

:)

Mel0309
May. 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the Prix de World saddle was their Lynn Palm signature saddle made and marketed for Quarter Horses. They used the word "World" because the big QH show is called their World Show.

vbunny
May. 11, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Yes, I am pretty happy with the PDN too but I am newer to them than many of you so it's nice to hear the good reviews :).

PROTACKGUY
May. 12, 2009, 09:50 AM
Good info Mel.
Yes it was the Lynn Palm saddle.

vbunny
May. 13, 2009, 03:26 PM
So in other words it would likely not fit a med/+ withered TB?

ryansgirl
May. 13, 2009, 04:55 PM
So in other words it would likely not fit a med/+ withered TB?

My guess is no - the PDN's seem to be more on the narrow side but maybe the "World" model is wider since it was designed for QH's?? My PDN didn't fit either of my current TB's. I just wish they were wider since the old Crosby's are such nice saddles! :)