PDA

View Full Version : USHJA Emerging Athletes Zone2 Buffalo acceptances??

Parrotnutz
May. 7, 2009, 08:48 PM
My friend's daughter just got in to Buffalo and she is wondering if anyone else from NJ got nt?

Would love to know if we know anyone else going

Caroline33
May. 7, 2009, 08:57 PM
i got accepted and im from new jersey... so excited!! what section did she get in for? and congrats!!

Mr Potato Head7
May. 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
I was accepted into the 3'6! im soo excited! Can't wait! congrats car!:D

Caroline33
May. 7, 2009, 09:16 PM
thanks sara! you tooo!

ponyhunterdad
May. 7, 2009, 09:19 PM
where can you find out who was accepted?

Caroline33
May. 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
i dont think they posted it on the website yet, but i think everyone got an email today saying if you got accepted or not.

iridehorses
May. 7, 2009, 09:37 PM
congrats to those who got in. good luck & of course we are expecting to know how it went! once again, if people could tell us a little about them so we see who they are accepting??
how much showing you do
etc.

Caroline33
May. 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
thank youu

i am a working student for my trainer. doing things from riding, to medicating, to feeding, and everything in between.

i show in the Mini Medals/Childrens Eq, not on a horse i own.

i show almost every weekend, from schooling shows to A shows.

my trainer wrote me a recomendation letter, and i know others who had letters too that got accepted.

umm. if there is anything else, just ask! congrats to everyone who got accepted.

Parrotnutz
May. 7, 2009, 10:22 PM
congrats Sara and Car!!

MIKES MCS
May. 8, 2009, 10:29 AM
As reported in the other thread , It looks like who you are is not so as important as How dedicated your are .. Letters of recommendation seem to hold more wieght then any other critira so far.. A VERY GOOD THING INDEED !!! and this from one of the biggest sceptics !

BlueBobRadar
May. 8, 2009, 03:05 PM
I just got accepted to the 3' section! I'm in Central PA. Is there anyone else from the area who has an empty spot on their trailer?...

Anyway, I'm very excited! Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!

Caroline33
May. 8, 2009, 08:29 PM
thank you adriane :)

mike mcs- i feel like the letters are helping too.

steph-congrats, cant wait to hear back from you.

khobstetter
May. 8, 2009, 08:37 PM
The letters were only one of several considerations, and not any more - or less - important than any other consideration. They were one of several ways to get to know riders the committee may had not met.

I will say that the selection committee members , ALL OF THEM, read every single word on every single application! YEP, every single word, not a thing was missed. Every rider was an important part of the program selection for each Zone.

Congrats to the Zone 2 riders who made it in!

Mike msc, glad to hear you are a bit of a supporter now. PLEASE try to attend one if you can. We are doing the Zone 10 South one this weekend and I must say it is pretty impressive to watch it in process.

BlueBobRadar
May. 8, 2009, 09:32 PM
I will say that the selection committee members , ALL OF THEM, read every single word on every single application! YEP, every single word, not a thing was missed. Every rider was an important part of the program selection for each Zone.
Thanks khobstetter! Thats really cool that they all read all of them. It makes me somewhat selfconscious to realize that all of those people read my application!... John Madden and George Morris are the committee advisors- did they read the applications also?

khobstetter
May. 8, 2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks khobstetter! Thats really cool that they all read all of them. It makes me somewhat selfconscious to realize that all of those people read my application!... John Madden and George Morris are the committee advisors- did they read the applications also?

OH MY...you should not feel selfconscious at all, if anything you should feel proud to have made it in!!! I can't imagine you would have wanted it done any other way... :-)

The committee took this process VERY seriously and read everything!!

AGAIN CONGRATS!!!

Caroline33
May. 8, 2009, 10:46 PM
thats so cool to hear that they really took the time and analyzed everyone the way they did. i really apprietate it! i am so excited.:D

Mr Potato Head7
May. 8, 2009, 11:00 PM
wow! thats amazing they took the time to read every last letter. i could not thank them enough for their time! congrats to everybody who made it in! see you up there!

maddyh
May. 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
It is so fun to read about all the EAP riders receiving their acceptance notices. My daughter rode in the first session in Middleburg and had a fantastic time. Please keep us all posted on your experiences after you attend your clinic. I think it is so inspirational for other young riders to be able to follow. Also, don't forget to join the Facebook group that one of the riders set up!

Ponymom4
May. 9, 2009, 02:17 AM
I echo what Maddyh said. My daughter was in that first zone 3 clinic also. It was a WONDERFUL experience!

Please keep all the posts coming and congrats to all who got accepted. I'm curious to know if the program changes any. I know my daughter has been talking the program up to all her Zone 4 friends encouraging them to apply.

I'm glad that the application process was so thorough, but then I really didn't expect anything else. The Zone 3 clinic was one of the best and smoothest run clinics we've ever seen. And my daughter is still talking about and bragging on Melanie Smith Taylor as a clinician.

You upcoming participants are in for a treat. Feel free to contact me or my daughter (she's on facebook) if any questions.

www.chadalefarms.com

SarahandSam
May. 9, 2009, 08:14 AM
Just out of curiosity... what does it mean to be accepted "in Buffalo"? Are they going to be competing at the BIHS, or is one of the clinics here or something, or they're in the GM clinic in the fall here? I'm just curious because I'm in Buffalo, think the emerging athletes program is neat (though I'm too old and unathletic to qualify) and would love to attend any local events that are open to the public to watch...

Caroline33
May. 9, 2009, 09:37 AM
i joined the facebook group. hope everyone can get aquainted before we get there, i think that would be nice.

sarahandsam- the zone 2, level 1 training sesson is at Buffalo Theraputic Riding.

BlueBobRadar
May. 9, 2009, 01:38 PM
OH MY...you should not feel selfconscious at all, if anything you should feel proud to have made it in!!! I can't imagine you would have wanted it done any other way... :-)

The committee took this process VERY seriously and read everything!!

AGAIN CONGRATS!!!

Thank you khobstetter!:) I am really excited to have gotten in! I just hadn't really thought of everyone reading my application. All these people that you read about, who ride so well, reading our applications! Not that I didn't take the application seriously or anything just looking back and realizing they all read it!:eek::) I agree, I really appreciate that they took the time to do this!

I will post videos on youtube when I get back, and I will post tons about what it was like!:)

Caroline33
May. 12, 2009, 11:19 PM
has anyone recieved their packages in the mail yet? im waiting, trying to be patient haha. fedex man drove by my house today, i was so disapointed when he didnt stop!

BlueBobRadar
May. 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
My acceptence packet came today! I was getting so worried. So... I come home and it's arrived, which I'm so excited about, and then my mom tells me that she apparently my brother told her that it had been on the porch all yesterday, he just forgot to tell anyone. I'm going to send back the info right away!

dab
May. 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
Just out of curiosity... what does it mean to be accepted "in Buffalo"? Are they going to be competing at the BIHS, or is one of the clinics here or something, or they're in the GM clinic in the fall here? I'm just curious because I'm in Buffalo, think the emerging athletes program is neat (though I'm too old and unathletic to qualify) and would love to attend any local events that are open to the public to watch...It simply means they applied to ride at the clinic to be held in Buffalo -- There's one/two clinics scheduled in each zone -- You may apply to ride in any clinic -- You could apply for one in a zone other than your home zone if it was more convenient for you -- There are different application deadlines for the various clinics, so there's still time to apply for the last few clinics --

Caroline33
May. 20, 2009, 09:53 AM
i got my acceptance packet yesterday too! yayy:D