PDA

View Full Version : "chocolate chip"?

aks710
May. 6, 2009, 09:11 PM
What does that mean (or is it just a cutesy name for a regular chip)?

hj0519
May. 6, 2009, 09:18 PM
Just a cutesy name for a regular chip.

hideyourheart03
May. 6, 2009, 09:33 PM
I've always used the term "chocolate chip" for a HUGEEEE chip. That being said, others do use it just as a cutesy term for a regular chip...

HARROLDhasmyheart
May. 6, 2009, 10:02 PM
I usually hear it used for a particularly interesting/scary/huge chip, as in "that was some chocolate chip you just did!" Not that I would ever chip or anything, but I suppose if I WERE to it'd go something like that :lol:

Foxtrot's
May. 6, 2009, 10:27 PM
...nah, it's a big name in QH breeding. Oh, you mean another hunterism.

eclipse
May. 7, 2009, 04:25 PM

LOL...........is it really a big name in the QH world. I've just bought a Paint mare that has this breeding line!

And, to keep this on topic, I use it for one of the humongous kind of chips! "holy $hi% that was some chocolate chip"!!!!

supershorty628
May. 7, 2009, 04:39 PM
A chocolate chip is a chip of epic proportions.
If you skip ahead to about 41 seconds in this video, you can see a chocolate chip (I wouldn't post this if it weren't me - that would be mean - but feel free to laugh hysterically): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4-MTnxEJ0&feature=channel_page

DMK
May. 7, 2009, 07:03 PM
Chip = a distance that is too close by a good bit

Chocolate Chip = even closer than a chip, with a good bit of rider miscalculation to boot.

"The whole bag of Keeblers" = what I executed back in 1998 at WEF, first fence in the third line, right lead diagonal going away from the in gate. Epic.

supershorty628
May. 7, 2009, 07:51 PM
DMK, I don't suppose you have a picture or video of the whole bag of Keebler's, do you?

nlk
May. 7, 2009, 08:25 PM

That was my first thought:lol: glad I wasn't the only one

twofatponies
May. 7, 2009, 09:23 PM
A chocolate chip is a chip of epic proportions.
If you skip ahead to about 41 seconds in this video, you can see a chocolate chip (I wouldn't post this if it weren't me - that would be mean - but feel free to laugh hysterically): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4-MTnxEJ0&feature=channel_page

Did you notice whoever's holding the video camera gives a muffled snort right at that moment? :D

Rio Blanco
May. 7, 2009, 09:37 PM
I've never heard chocoloate chip before! My 2 trainers used "colossal chip" or my personal favorite, "chipping your teeth out" or "are you picking splinters out of your teeth?".....I used to be a pro at this ::lol::

hoops04
May. 7, 2009, 09:43 PM
I've never heard this term before. I was thinking "A chocolate chip goes in a cookie" then I read a few replies and I get it now :p

that was what went through my mind.. then i thought i was going to see a cute paint looking for a showname..... but i get it! i might start using it now!

aks710
May. 8, 2009, 12:50 AM
haha! thanks for all the informative and hilarious responses, everyone! i will most definitely try to avoid "the whole bag of Keeblers" and any other chip variations (easier said than done, right!?).

DMK
May. 8, 2009, 08:38 AM
DMK, I don't suppose you have a picture or video of the whole bag of Keebler's, do you?

If you could get some new age technology where they could replay the image seared on my frontal lobe for 11 years, you too could share in the horrors. :lol:

Mind you it's not like I haven't had plenty of chips, chocolate and otherwise, before and since, but this one was epic.