PDA

View Full Version : Saddle fitter in GA

englishivy
May. 6, 2009, 02:16 PM
Anyone recommend a saddle fitter for GA? We are in Cumming.

I'd like one to come out and demo a saddle fit for my kids, and also look at mine (although since I ride so many different types of horses I don't know how successful I'll be). I'm sure there will be others who would sign up for an evaluation.

I probably need some new flocking, so it would be nice to have someone that can offer that service as well. Of course, it would be nice to have someone that is unbiased with brands; my parents won't be willing to fork out for Counties.

TIA!

hoops04
May. 6, 2009, 02:53 PM
Atlanta saddlery has a good saddle fitter. You can look her up on their website www.atlantasaddlery.com

You can go to the store and pick out saddles you like and she will bring those ones and others like them and try them all on your horse. She cost 150 dollars, but if you then purchase a saddle through Atlanta saddlery you get either free leathers or a bag/ something worth basically 150 dollars. so it really pays for itself!

I thought it was a little much, but she is really good! I really liked her!

Green Acres
May. 6, 2009, 03:35 PM
[quote=hoops04;4074746]Atlanta saddlery has a good saddle fitter. /quote]

I on the other hand wasn't impressed with the saddle fitter Atl. Saddlery had a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's the same person as who came out to fit my TB but she didn't help me too much.

I ended up with a County as it was the only saddle that seem to fit my difficult to fit boy.

Hopefully some others will chime in on this.

hoops04
May. 6, 2009, 03:54 PM
hmmm.. maybe she has learned more over the past couple years? or its a new person! who knows! She helped with my TB as well! but in all reality i dont think he was hard to fit.

I also had the CWD representative come out to the barn and put some of their saddles on him, but in the end they didnt have any used ones that would fit, and the new ones were a bit above my price range. but she was very helpful as well, but only if you want CWD

FLeckenAwesome
May. 6, 2009, 04:20 PM
oooh, just sent you a PM, but...Patty from Farm House is fantastic and she is NOT associated with any one brand and VERY willing to work within a budget (although...that flew RIGHT out the window when I realized that we just needed nice saddles to make the nice pony move even nicer!). She also has a HUGE selection of used stuff too, whereas when I checked with Atl. Saddlery, they only had new. Patty also has new stuff too and was able to get me my nice Black Country jump saddle :)

They are awesome though and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

TwoDreamRides
May. 6, 2009, 11:40 PM
I use Christy from the English Rider... she's always happy to explain!

englishivy
May. 8, 2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone.

A few years ago, a client had a saddle fitter from Atl Sad come out, and she did a very thorough job. But when a County rep came out, there was a bit of difference in opinion. So don't know what to think about that....:confused:

I'm looking into all the aforementioned. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to have a few more options since scheduling can be difficult.

Thanks again.

MissKatie
Jul. 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
Any other suggestions...where is farm house tack?

ChocoMare
Oct. 30, 2009, 08:41 AM
Bumping this back up looking for more recommendations for a non-brand-affiliated saddle fitter willing to come to Dallas.

Flecken: can you PM me that lady's contact info too? Thanks!

Carolinadreamin'
Oct. 30, 2009, 09:03 AM
Patty Merli is an independent saddle fitter, although her number can be found on The Farmhouse website. Her cell # is (843) 810-2485. I highly recommend her.

gasrgoose
Oct. 30, 2009, 02:15 PM
The farmhouse in in Landrum,SC near Tryon, NC. But are always at the Classic Company shows at the GIHP in Conyers. They have a two week show starting Tuesday. If you call the farm house they could bring a few saddles that might work. They regularly bring items to shows for us to try. Jackets, bridles, pads etc...

Just google the farm house

ChocoMare
Oct. 30, 2009, 02:18 PM
Alas, I'll be at GIHP for just tomorrow for the Boo Trail Ride (providing it doesn't rain). I'll call them tho for details. Thanks!

Equibrit
Oct. 30, 2009, 02:25 PM
This lady has a good reputation and will travel to you; http://www.harmonysaddlefitting.com/

vxf111
Oct. 30, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas everyone.

A few years ago, a client had a saddle fitter from Atl Sad come out, and she did a very thorough job. But when a County rep came out, there was a bit of difference in opinion. So don't know what to think about that....:confused:

I'm looking into all the aforementioned. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to have a few more options since scheduling can be difficult.

Thanks again.

I don't know how long ago, but back in 2003/2004 I saw the GA County rep in action. I don't think he could have named 5 parts of the horse's body or named three horse coat colors ;) so the fact that his opinion diverged from someone else doesn't give me ANY pause about the other opinion. That was many years ago, I understand a LOT of saddles had to be redone for unhappy clients and he went bye-bye. Don't know if this was who you used but I was flabbergasted at how BAD that guy was!

Green Acres
Oct. 30, 2009, 03:55 PM
I don't know how long ago, but back in 2003/2004 I saw the GA County rep in action. I don't think he could have named 5 parts of the horse's body or named three horse coat colors ;) so the fact that his opinion diverged from someone else doesn't give me ANY pause about the other opinion. That was many years ago, I understand a LOT of saddles had to be redone for unhappy clients and he went bye-bye. Don't know if this was who you used but I was flabbergasted at how BAD that guy was!

vxf111 - if you remember and don't mind, please PM me the name of the County rep you weren't impressed with. T.I.A.

vxf111
Oct. 30, 2009, 04:57 PM
I don't know his name but I am SURE he's no longer a County rep. In fact, I am pretty sure I heard that they terminated him not long after I saw him in action.

Green Acres
Oct. 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know his name but I am SURE he's no longer a County rep. In fact, I am pretty sure I heard that they terminated him not long after I saw him in action.

Ok, then the saddle fitter who fit my County couldn't have been the same guy. I got my County saddle about 2-3 years ago.