PDA

View Full Version : Pessoa Saddle Help!

kibbie
May. 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hello,

I recently purchases an all purpose Pessoa Saddle that I am trying to find some information about. The model number listed on the saddle is 2019-1. I also have the serial number but have been unable to figure out how to contact pesso.

This is a similar saddle. Sorry I don't have actual pictures.

http://www.saddlesource.com/proddetail.asp?prod=A529

Does any one have any idea on the model or how to contact pessoa?

Thanks

lacey.mccarley
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:47 PM
I have the same saddle! I've been trying to ID it forever! I'm glad to know someone else has one too!
I'm trying to find out what year it was made and the model name, but so far no luck. I'll let you know if I here anything.

PROTACKGUY
Nov. 18, 2009, 12:03 AM
The saddle was one of the European models and had a longer straighter flap that allowed for easier work on the flat..

The importer is English Riding Supply and I am sure you can contact them for more help...

It was called the Sport in the USA but in europe I believe it was the DON NECO.

Chic Hunter
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:30 AM
http://www.pessoasaddles.com/

You could write to them and give that a try.

LaLuna
Jun. 16, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thank goodness! I just took one out on trial, it says 2019, but no model markings. The only markings are in a different language.

It has a longer, straighter flap and is dark brown. Trying to find more info on it, before I buy it. It's priced at $1295 new, and I get 25% off..we'll see how it works in the morning.

omare
Jun. 17, 2011, 02:22 PM
My used pessoa-also has a straighter longer flap -and my only warning is that I HAVE to ride long in it --for if I put the leathers up two holes my knees end up on the (understated) knee rolls. This may be complicated by the fact that I have a short femur and the most forward point of the flap may be below the point of my knee once I put the leathers up??

So just make sure it fits you at the length you may want to ride over fences and on the flat.

(I made the mistake of trying mine in the winter on a very fresh horse on which I was riding very long, in the snow, with no jumps in sight! It felt great!)