PDA

View Full Version : Check out this FORM of Jumping for the Hunters

Equinoxfox
May. 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
Take a look at this pic. Talk about great form and style . He shows in the Second Years and Small Juniors. WAY TO GO PEG SEALS @ FREEDOM FARM.:yes:

Here is the Link : http://www.teresaramsay.com/details.php?gid=1536&sgid=&pid=83846

Cinnybren
May. 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Wow! Quite nice!

Equinoxfox
May. 6, 2009, 11:44 AM
YES he is . The young lady that owns him is named Savannah Jenkins and she rides the pants off this horse. She does very well in the Small Juniors with him. :yes:

Dapple Dawn Farm
May. 6, 2009, 01:42 PM
Holy %$^&, that's beautiful!!!

What breed of horse is he?

Justice
May. 6, 2009, 01:55 PM
Wow. Tell us the breeding!

Quinn
May. 6, 2009, 01:58 PM
Gorgeous!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

Equinoxfox
May. 6, 2009, 02:03 PM
He is a Dutch.
that boy is one of the nicest horses I have seen in a long time and just a blast to ride.
Peg Seals has done wonders with him and is so excited about him going to Devon this year. !!!!!

tidy rabbit
May. 6, 2009, 02:31 PM
Wow!

Pretty thing! Great jump!

:D

Dirty Little Secret
May. 6, 2009, 02:56 PM
NICE!

llsc
May. 6, 2009, 03:19 PM
WOW!!!

chawley
May. 6, 2009, 03:28 PM
Amazing! Please keep us posted how they do at Devon!

Summit Springs Farm
May. 6, 2009, 03:30 PM
No, No, NO good!!! ;) AWESOME!!

Seven-up
May. 6, 2009, 07:22 PM
:eek:I think I'll print that out to hang up in Rosie's stall for inspiration.:lol:

Where's that 'Wow jump vs. Meh jump' thread?

bascher
May. 6, 2009, 08:11 PM
Now that's impressive...talking about your horse's knees tucked up to its chest..try tucked up to its nose!!

countingstrides
May. 6, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yummy!

Equinoxfox
May. 6, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hey guys I will keep you all posted on the Devon results. He is such a good boy and he ALWAYS jumps this way. It is outrageous to watch him.

Parker_Rider
May. 6, 2009, 08:58 PM
Who was it that was asking about why you couldn't use a standing martingale in certain classes? Because we all like to think our horse will use its neck/back like that horse does!!! Wow!
I second hanging that pic in my mare's stall... you know... it's like sleeping with the textbook under your pillow ;)

MHM
May. 6, 2009, 10:51 PM
Best of luck to them at Devon!

What's his show name?

dani0303
May. 6, 2009, 11:04 PM
Mine?

Horsegurlmercury
May. 7, 2009, 12:49 AM
Best of luck to them at Devon!

What's his show name?

Starstruck

Equinoxfox
May. 7, 2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah as you see my friend " Peg" does have a hard time staying on him. I am not sure how she does that . But that lady does ride some very nice horses. She has a new facility now , many new customers and has become a strong force here in Va. :yes: BTW,, her new farm is just beautiful....;)

Hoagie
May. 7, 2009, 11:10 AM
It is too bad that horse can't jump! Holy moly!

JumpWBJump
May. 7, 2009, 11:41 AM
classic form, can be compared to the AMAZING Rox Dene!

Equinoxfox
May. 7, 2009, 01:25 PM
And the best thing about this horse is he ALWAYS jumps in this style and form. Such a great horse !

forward ride
May. 7, 2009, 01:29 PM
wowzers. talk about overachiever! :D

Pirateer
May. 7, 2009, 05:53 PM
classic form, can be compared to the AMAZING Rox Dene!

This horse is nice, but is not comparable to Rox Dene.
He is WAY too overdramatic with his neck (lovely, just not RD)

IsolaBella09
May. 7, 2009, 05:56 PM
Holy cow! What a jump! Awesome. Thanks for sharing that. :D

kaazs
May. 7, 2009, 08:38 PM
He is gorgeous!

Equinoxfox
May. 7, 2009, 09:41 PM
Glad that MOST of you liked the picture. I just wanted to share to let you all know that good jumpers are out there. Just got to keep looking;)

huntergirl007
May. 7, 2009, 09:48 PM
Starstruck

I'd say.... :eek:

My horse jumps like that too ;) just when noone's watching...

Equinoxfox
May. 8, 2009, 07:43 AM
But also the most important thing is.... He loves his kid owner .. ALOT. and this is so nice to have .;)

Phaxxton
May. 8, 2009, 11:13 AM
Lovely horse! Sounds like he has a fantastic owner and trainer, too! :yes:

Equinoxfox
May. 8, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yes this is starstruck . and Yes if you look at all the pics she has he jumps this way . Very brave and very honest . such a joy

cannondale
May. 8, 2009, 03:28 PM
Equinoc, I looked at the other photos and it is actually hitting some of the jumps and twisting in some others. So I do not agree with you that it "ALWAYS" jumps in that exact form.

That first photo you posted is quite nice and dramatic.

superpony123
May. 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!! nice horse :yes:

baleofhay
May. 8, 2009, 03:49 PM
I agree with Cannondale, in the second picture he is twisting horribly. The first picture was lovely though.

Pirateer
May. 8, 2009, 04:49 PM
Equinoc, I looked at the other photos and it is actually hitting some of the jumps and twisting in some others. So I do not agree with you that it "ALWAYS" jumps in that exact form.

That first photo you posted is quite nice and dramatic.

Yepp- the first rider makes it look like its always reaching or twisted/crooked, the other rider looks a lot better but makes him look topped out on scope.

MHM
May. 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
Geez, party-poopers, much? :rolleyes:

If you can't say anything nice....

Pirateer
May. 8, 2009, 06:38 PM
Geez, party-poopers, much? :rolleyes:

If you can't say anything nice....

Oh come on.

If they had come on here just saying the horse was cute we'd all agree.
Coming on here saying he's the second coming of Rox Dene is a whole nother can of worms.

MHM
May. 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
Oh come on.

If they had come on here just saying the horse was cute we'd all agree.
Coming on here saying he's the second coming of Rox Dene is a whole nother can of worms.

Guess what? I saw RoxDene show quite a bit in her heyday. She would have a rail down once in a while. That didn't mean she wasn't a fantastic horse. I'm sure if you looked at every single picture ever taken of her, there were probably a few that weren't perfect.

In the days before the proofs were online, you generally only saw the best pictures, since those were the ones that were bought and published.

I just think it's a little uncalled for to look at the posted picture, then hunt around for other pictures which are not as good in order to criticize them. Is that really necessary??

Pirateer
May. 8, 2009, 06:53 PM
I just think it's a little uncalled for to look at the posted picture, then hunt around for other pictures which are not as good in order to criticize them. Is that really necessary??

Then the trainer probably should stop saying the horse jumps like that every time, because we've obviously proven it doesn't.:yes:

(I still think its a cute horse, btw)

3Dogs
May. 8, 2009, 07:01 PM
MHM - I am with you :D

For me, single still pictures of any horse don't tell me much. I need to watch a round (god love youtube and live video broadcasts of certain shows :winkgrin:).

I mean, it isn't just the FRONT end I want to see, it is how the horse finishes a jump, what their hind end looks like, how the horse moves BETWEEN the jumps, etc. It is take off, bascule, and finish. Then the canter away, the corners, yadda yadda -

I haven't looked at the "not so good" stills, but the first still is lovely.

faraway46
May. 8, 2009, 08:04 PM
Wow.
I remember the days when the best compliment you could give was "knees up to the chin"...Guess we will have to update that one!
Congrats!
Viv

Renn/aissance
May. 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
Then the trainer probably should stop saying the horse jumps like that every time, because we've obviously proven it doesn't.:yes:

(I still think its a cute horse, btw)

Last I checked, Equinoxfox wasn't the horse's trainer or owner. Friend of the trainer, sure. She posted a picture of a horse jumping cute, people acknowledged that the horse jumped cute, and now people are deliberately trying to find pictures of the horse not jumping so cute because they are offended that someone else compared it to Rox Dene?

Sounds like people have way too much time on their hands...

Seven-up
May. 8, 2009, 09:28 PM
Erm, OP wasn't the one who brought up Rox Dene. So the OP went a little overboard with the multiple "ALWAYS" declarations. Duly noted.

To all those who are so desperate to piss on something, perhaps you should remember that the kid who rides this horse did not post the pic asking for critiques, nor did she ask for the COTH Nancy Drews to dig up unflattering photos and rip them to shreds. Maybe lighten up a little and just enjoy the picture for what it is: a nice picture.

Aliascml
May. 8, 2009, 11:09 PM
That is a very nice looking horse!

bascher
May. 9, 2009, 06:12 AM
All horses have bad pictures..I'm sure you could find a horse who jumps lovely most of the time but has some bad online pictures. Everyone has them, and I don't really think that it's fair to the girl who rides him that everyone is trying to find bad pictures of her and her horse online when she never asked for a critique.

Penthilisea
May. 9, 2009, 07:16 AM
This is a great picture and moment in time to cherish. Maybe more, even. Never the less, it offers us all a chance to see what one really good moment and fence looks like, which we all strive for every time. Lovely horse!

Equinoxfox
May. 11, 2009, 09:40 AM
OK. ENOUGH. I AM NOT THE TRAINER NOR DID I EVER SAY I WAS.:mad:
I am a friend and rode with the trainer for YEARS. I was at this horse show andd when I saw the pic. I posted it to briefly show the form / style of jump.
NOTHING MORE!!!! I " Thank" those that understand. and I am not trying to start anything .
So please let's end this conversation . You ladies can be a HOT MESS ..
and I am a guy . BTW.....;)

Equinoxfox
May. 11, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hey MHM , 3 - DOGS, & Renisance .. Thanks for understanding and realizing what I was doing . You guys are great. See you soon at the shows.:lol: