PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best online sales sites for hunters or jumpers??

talloaks
May. 5, 2009, 12:40 PM
It has been so long since I have attempted to sell a hunter/jumper horse that I really don't know which are the best online sales websites to list a horse for sale. Anyone have suggestions on good sites??? Or at least online sites that have been successful in finding buyers???
I've wondered if warmbloods-for-sale is better for dressage horses and not so good for hunters, what do think?? Any success selling from online sales sites???
I'd sure like to get this one guy moved so I can go ahead and breed my other two mares.

gg4918
May. 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
Dreamhorse
BigEq
The Exchange

horsestablereview
May. 5, 2009, 06:11 PM
I've gotten a lot of responses from DreamHorse.com. Equine.com comes in with a few. I know some people use AGDirect.com. I'm in California so I don't know if people search different sites in different areas.

hunterrider09
May. 5, 2009, 06:21 PM
I also like warmbloods-for-sale.com. Usually lots of nice horses!

Pirateer
May. 5, 2009, 06:33 PM
Warmbloods for sale usually has nice horses- I have seen many that were not dressage, but also many "sport prospects".

Not a TON of fancy hunters, but they do have them.

Edit: Most of the Hunters on there appear to be Trakehners...so maybe not ;)

IsolaBella09
May. 5, 2009, 07:45 PM
www.bigeq.com
www.exchangehunterjumper.com
www.equine.com
www.warmbloods-for-sale.com
www.dreamhorse.com

JOBEAN
May. 5, 2009, 10:37 PM
www.dianecrump.com

talloaks
May. 6, 2009, 08:38 AM
www.dianecrump.com (http://www.dianecrump.com)

Doesn't diane crump handle horses in the VA area only?? My horse is in NJ just outside NYC.

Oakstable
May. 6, 2009, 10:24 AM
Talloaks,
Does your trainer have a sales barn?

That exchange ... web site looks really interesting for quality HJ horses.

talloaks
May. 6, 2009, 11:48 AM
Talloaks,
Does your trainer have a sales barn?

That exchange ... web site looks really interesting for quality HJ horses.

Hi Oakstable,
My trainer is working out of her sister's private barn so that leaves me to do the advertising etc which is rather difficult when I am in VA and the horse is in NJ!! Sigh! I need more photos than what I have but my hubby just had surgery on Monday so we are stuck here for recup period so can't drive up to play photographer!! Besides I am lousey at timing over jumps. Anyone have any clues as to how to get the horse at the "right moment"?? All help needed!!:lol:

XenophonKnows
May. 7, 2009, 01:20 AM
Best Advice, move your horse to a barn where they can do this for you. If your trainer does not have the time or inclination to sell, then find someone who does. There are plenty in NJ, well known large, and not so large. Not all trainers are inclined towards selling.

bvsporthorses
May. 7, 2009, 02:49 AM
I have had a lot of luck with equine.com for selling my hunters or eq horses. Dreamhorse also generated a lot of responses. I know a friend of mine uses horsetopia.com and she seems to get horses moved pretty quickly.

talloaks
May. 7, 2009, 08:02 AM
You guys have been super great in suggesting sales sites which I never knew existed!!! Some of these are really great. I am waiting on some photos from a show but maybe will just start putting out ads with my one 'studio" photo which was done just for fun. But I like it as different as it may be.
I am amazed at all the possible site so please keep them coming and I will start listing my horse.

Thanks for all of your help, everyone, it has been great!!:)