PDA

View Full Version : Critique please- what do you think of this filly?

reallyredflowers
May. 1, 2009, 08:39 PM
So I have had a baby itch lately, and no, I'm not talking about the human kind! I grew up with horses off the track so I did a little research and found this big girl- what are your impressions? Am I crazy for falling in love? It could be the flashy "omg I'm blinded" by how cute she is so I am trying to gain perspective and asking all of you COTH'ers for your opinion. I would prefer a jumper prospect, but a big hunter is something I would be interested in if I found the right one...what do you think about how she is put together? Hopefully I will be going to see her this weekend- but bring it on, what do you think?!?!?!
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/bonnieadams/3 yo Unnamed Flashy Chestnut Filly/?action=view&current=VID00016-116MB.flv

(If you pause it around .50 you can get a decent confirmation shot)

reallyredflowers
May. 1, 2009, 08:54 PM
That thread didn't copy very well...if you copy and paste in your browser, it will come up...but I am pasting it again just in case it works this time!
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/bonnieadams/3%20yo%20Unnamed%20Flashy%20Chestnut%20Filly/?action=view&current=VID00016-116MB.flv

hunterqueen
May. 1, 2009, 08:58 PM
Buy her!

LetsChat
May. 1, 2009, 09:05 PM
she is definitely pretty and has good confirmation. Her head is set high, what makes you think she wouldn't be a jumper. Plus she seems a little hot too, I wouldn't doubt she could be a jumper. She is pretty I just don't like how they are handling her but maybe she was just pulled out of a field or something.

gloriginger
May. 1, 2009, 09:12 PM
I like her- she might be a little short in the croup- but she's really nice. She is a chestnut mare though....just make sure you know what you are getting into. Having said that one of my favorite horses ever was a chestnut TB- I just learned to know her moods. Somedays she was darling- other days she was hell on wheels. :)

reallyredflowers
May. 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
Good point, lets chat...
She was bred to race, but didn't- i guess her trainer ran out of money so she was left in pasture. She is completely unbroke (yup, I'm up for the challenge!)- She is being handled by stable staff, but she does look a little hot- she was just yanked out of the pen. She supposedly has good ground manners, but who really is the judge of that? :winkgrin: I was drawn to her kind eye (there are still pics of her head) and her presence- I thought she was put together pretty well, but like I said- I was blinded by how flashy-flashy she was and wanted to see what you all think! Thanks for the replies- keep 'em comin'! This is fun!~

quicksilverponies
May. 1, 2009, 09:30 PM
I think she is gorgeous - very athletic looking and nice shoulder, good hip, nice neck - overall really nice - go for it!

Petstorejunkie
May. 1, 2009, 09:49 PM
nice conformation. i like her under armor emblem on her belly :lol:
but darlin, she's lame at the trot.

reallyredflowers
May. 1, 2009, 09:55 PM
She took a couple of weird steps, true, but the second or 3rd video she seems fine. You are right, in the 5th she does take some funky steps. She doesn't have shoes on and I would be vetting her no matter what. I hope to see her in person this weekend too-

FlashGordon
May. 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
nice conformation. i like her under armor emblem on her belly :lol:
but darlin, she's lame at the trot.

Are you kidding? You've come to that conclusion from what... the whole 4 seconds of trotting, at a bad angle no less, in the beginning of the vid?

Looked more to me like she was a little leery and sucking back and acting like a goofy baby.

She is look sharp, and athletic, and like he'd be a serious jumper. Have fun with her, OP. ;)

jen-s
May. 1, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm with FlashGordon and quicksilverponies. She's gorgeous and looks like she has the potential to make a hell of a jumper. Sure, she's acting a little hot, but she's a 3yo TB who was pulled out of a field, had no clue what was going on, and her handler didn't help matters at all. With some maturity and some work, I bet she'll turn out to be a fabulous partner. Keep us posted on what you decide and how the vetting goes.

trakehner013
May. 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
She is very cute and a cute mover too!

Atypical
May. 1, 2009, 11:41 PM
I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat and i say that well... next to never

Mukluk
May. 1, 2009, 11:42 PM
I like her. What is her pedigree? I have a chestnut TB mare and I just love her.

faluut42
May. 2, 2009, 12:43 AM
if you dont get her i will!!

LOVE her belly spot!

Hauwse
May. 2, 2009, 09:57 AM
She is nice, definately jumper conformation, absolutely nothing wrong with her, and she will be a tank of a mare when she is finished growing. I would caution you however if you are not very expeienced, or do not have a trainer who is good with TB's as she is Native/Northern lines up and down, which would tell me from experience that she is gonna be a little hot, and head strong, but the good ones usually are.

ParisHillEC
May. 2, 2009, 10:12 AM
Im also very curious as to what her breeding is.

I just got a stud off the track who looks JUST like her, down to the white belly spot. It would be funny if they had the same breeding at all.

He is 8, beautiful mover, and hopefully going to be a nice hunter.

If you do buy her, good luck she's gorgeous!

reallyredflowers
May. 2, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ack! So I had my husband and dog in the car, driving out to see her. I had left a message with the seller and took the chance that I could get a hold of her by the time we got close. I called again as we were pulling out- and found out she was sold- they just got a deposit today!!!! I'm so bummed!!! :(
I'm always a day late- ugh!

jen-s
May. 2, 2009, 05:23 PM
Drat! Well, keep us posted when you find another cutie.

LittleGray
May. 2, 2009, 05:25 PM
That's too bad...she is drop dead gorgeous!