PDA

View Full Version : Because it's Friday and the boards are quiet: What are your weekend plans?

CFiona
May. 1, 2009, 05:59 PM
It's a beautiful, sunny Friday here in the Pacific NW and I am stuck inside cubicle hell counting down the minutes until the weekend starts. :mad: The boards are slow and I need something to distract me until I can get outside (70 to be exact) so I thought I'd start something fun....

What are your horsey-plans this weekend? If you can't be horsey this weekend, what do you WISH you were doing? Shows? Clinics? Fun around-the-barn projects?

I'll be at an outdoor schooling show (pray for sun!) and plan to trail ride Sunday morning. :) I also want to be productive so I might work on stubborn pony's mane, maybe braid it down in an attempt to convince it to lay on the RIGHT side! Sound like a boring weekend to some, but I love the feeling of accomplishment when its done!

Come on make me JEALOUS! :winkgrin:

Briaffer
May. 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm returning home from college and I get to ride my horse for the first time since I shipped him back home!!! :)

kellyb
May. 1, 2009, 06:15 PM
I just want to go out to the barn and see my pony...it's been two days I couldn't make it down there and I feel so guilty!!!

I want to ride, ride, ride...we'll see if the weather cooperates.

supershorty628
May. 1, 2009, 06:29 PM
I'm doing some flatwork tomorrow and Sunday with no stirrups. Not a lot of strenuous work - Nikki jumped some big courses with me today and we did a lot of hill work yesterday - but enough to get us both ready for Saratoga next week.
I'm meeting Anyplace Farm tomorrow, hopefully!!!
Oh, and I'm spending any free time with my nose buried in my AP Statistics review book; exam is on Tuesday and I don't feel prepared, even though I'm doing very well in the course.

Pirateer
May. 1, 2009, 06:33 PM
I am having a lesson tonight, not sure about the rest of the week.
Hope to stop by the barn tomorrow before work (I'm scheduled to work during the DERBY! Atrocious!)
Sunday hopefully will be at the barn again because I'm riding in a clinic next week and need a little more time in the saddle...well, a lot more :)

summerpony
May. 1, 2009, 06:33 PM
Since I just got my own laptop I am spending some time on the forum actually posting things instead of just reading things all of the time! After that, my plans include flatting my jumper and, weather permitting, scrubbing my winter blankets and hanging them out to dry.

Aliascml
May. 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
I have to work this weekend. :( However, on Sunday I am having a lesson and I get to see which lesson horse I will be riding in the next show. :)

Green Acres
May. 1, 2009, 07:04 PM
Yep - beautiful weekend here in Georgia! :yes: My plan is to flat in the ring tomorrow then hack a little in the pasture as well. Then drag the ring and bunch of yard work for the rest of Saturday.

Sunday, hopefully I will jump a little if my beastie is being good.

Summerpony - yea, I need to do the blanket cleaning thing too. ugh.

Oh yea, maybe run to the tack store, too. Ut Oh!;)

CFiona
May. 1, 2009, 07:05 PM
See? I knew I'd find people like me out there who have the same kookie idea that a Friday night at the barn taking a lesson is better than a Friday night at some overpriced bar! :D

Summerpony - welcome to the boards! I'm impressed you are actually cleaning your winter blankets....*CFiona hangs head in shame*
supershorty628 - Meeting a COTHer! How fun! Are you meeting in a horsey place?
Kellyb - Your post made me think of that song Mustang Sally. "All you want to do is ride around Sally, Ride, Sally, ride! "

supershorty628
May. 1, 2009, 07:10 PM
We're meeting up for lunch and then I think we're going to my barn to see Nikki (my horse)...not sure about that part though!

grandprixjump
May. 1, 2009, 07:47 PM
Kind of nervous though, haven't gotten a single call about it, worried NOBODY is coming....

Hunter Mom
May. 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
I will go ride with DD and have a little mom-daughter time. Our trainer is out of town, so it will be a relaxed ride. I'd love to ride outside, but with all the rain we've had, it is pretty slick outside.

I may also go to another trainer's place and ride a horse or two of hers if I'm lucky.

Grandprixjump - I know that feeling and it is not fun! I hate wondering IF anyone is going to show up! Hope they do.

CTRL ALT DELETE
May. 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
Well I for one am playing OOZEBALL at my university tomorrow (Volley ball in 6"+ of mud!), then hosing down and heading over to hack the mare I've been riding...if the rain holds off, that is.
Sunday I'll hope for no rain (again) then hack the mare early in the afternoon, before heading off to work until Midnight. I was asked if I wanted to show said mare on Sunday but of course work has to get in the way of everything. *sigh*!

heatherny2
May. 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
Rode my crazy beast earlier today (after longing the nutty bucks out of him),riding again tomorrow morning, hopefully do some jumping if he is behaving,maybe get a lesson if my trainer (mom) has time between lessons (if not I just ride during the lessons and learn ;) ), watching the KY Derby, then taking day off Sunday to take kids to the beach. :D

SidesaddleRider
May. 1, 2009, 08:13 PM
Saturday:

Study Corporations Law. Go to the Gold Cup (steeplechase). Study Corporations law.

Sunday:

Study Corporations Law. Ride 1 horse. Clean barn. Feed horses. Study Environmental Law.

:)

SarahandSam
May. 1, 2009, 08:15 PM
In the past few weeks I have been in the ungodly hell of closing on my house, remodeling my house, moving into my house, and now cleaning out my old apartment. I haven't gotten to even see my pony in two weeks as of tomorrow.

So tomorrow I am going to RIDE. I do not give a damn where or when or how long. But I want to spend an hour scraping hair off of him and then we are going to RIDE and then I will spend another hour scraping hair off of him.

Then I will have my lesson on Sunday and be panting and breathless and out of shape and dying after one lap of the ring at a canter, again. Man, do I need to get in shape again...

Brydelle Farm
May. 1, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'm at the USHJA Trainer's Symposium at SCAD! It is an excellent horsey weekend! :) Beautiful weather, lovely facility, stellar horse flesh and fantastic clinicians!!!

brightwhitestockings
May. 1, 2009, 09:34 PM
ugh, i have SATs tomorrow morning- kill me now!!

Then i'm going to the barn- everyone will be at a show, so hopefully it will be nice and quiet ;). I'll ride my horsey and anyone else who needs to be worked. then i'll do some of the extra barn work to save myself time on Sunday... I am doing the barn on Sunday. I normally do saturdays, but i have those stinkin' SATs :mad:

Peggy
May. 1, 2009, 09:34 PM
Rode this AM and did a little 2'6" course (first course since ligament injury almost one year to the day:D). Went to lunch with barn mates.

Horse plans include lessons tomorrow and Sunday, with a foray to the feed store. Nothing too exciting, at least hopefully.

And I get to write not one, but two, Evil Chemistry Exams: one for OChem lecture and one for OChem lab. And grade lab reports.

jerseypony
May. 1, 2009, 09:40 PM
Hunter pace saturday! hopefully, rain stay away. Then hopefully feeling motivated to do some cleaning of the brushes and blankets. We'll see about that one though :)

shawneeAcres
May. 1, 2009, 10:02 PM
Been working my butt off, both figuratively and literally, this week! We are holding a clinic tomorrow (Sat) and then a show Sunday with "mini" derby divisions. I have been doing all KINDS of things to get ready and feel like I am going to collapse now! PLAYING for good weatehr although they are calling for afternoon storms both days! If the weather holds out it should be a ton of fun (at least once it is over and I can relax!!).

superpony123
May. 1, 2009, 11:01 PM
GARDEN STATEEE :D actually ive been up at GSHS all week, but i'm showing on saturday and sunday. i also showed my pony on wednesday as a little warm-up.

okay, i have to brag, he was EXCELLENT. the judge loved us (i know this because he got a hack ribbon. generally, he NEVER places in the hack at a big show with a large division, we're talking 38 horses in this div) and he got an 8th in the hack. he was 5th, 5th, and 3rd o/f :D:D i'm so proud of my pony. tomorow and sunday we are riding in the children's ponies (larges). i'm excited. i mean, it's our normal division, but i havent shown in an AA show since 2007 so i'm all WOOO.

i also got to wear my rust on wednesday. can i share? :D it's my second time showing in rusties, and the first time getting good pics of it. so i neeeeeeeeeeeed to show off to someone (my non horse friends are like, oh. okay?)

ponypony
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2697/132/89/589955224/n589955224_2991277_663534.jpg

waiting for hack
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2697/132/89/589955224/n589955224_2991304_6133712.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3210_93883432322_617842322_2520959_6476430_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3210_93883417322_617842322_2520957_7881254_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3210_93883512322_617842322_2520970_5919839_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3210_93883452322_617842322_2520962_3496180_n.jpg

YAY! :D

superpony123
May. 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
omg i just noticed how many :D smiley's i used in my post! haha

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
May. 2, 2009, 03:56 AM
Rode a horse I'm looking at leasing today. I'm falling in love with him, he's so cute with his floppy ears. Found an apartment to move into when my lease here ends. (Not soon enough at July 21st)

Tomorrow... sleeping late, riding something, watching the derby with a glass or three of asti and a few girlfriends.

Sunday... riding a couple of horses, showering and changing at the barn, picking up my ex from somewhere close by and going to see Kenny Chesney with him. The man couldn't find his way out of a paper bag with a GPS and signs, so I'm driving. Should be fun, he's always a good time.

prbygenny
May. 2, 2009, 04:52 AM
Well I am really sad because 3/4 of my barn is in Iowa at the shows but I couldn't go last minute because my boy got all bitten up right on his spine in 3 spots!!! Ugh so I can't even ride him!! It doesn't help that it would have been our 1st show ever!! I plan on going out each day to give him his spa days so that he may still be somewhat gorgeous when I actually do get to ride again!! Ugh it just feels like forever!

Maya01
May. 2, 2009, 06:13 AM
This weekend is going to be the busiest of them all! (Not much happens when your homeschooled :lol:)
Saturday I am going to:
Get a digital camera (since our other one broke about 3 years ago)
Help set up jumps for an HT next weekend
Ride my baby horse or watch the derby...I haven't decided - Nag the baby horse or watch hours of people talking about the derby only to watch a 1 minute race and see my picks force-feed poly-track to my mums picks :lol: hard to decide...

Sunday I am going to:
Go see my 25 year old pony compete in a para-dressage show! (and he thought he was retired...lol)
Eat awesome crepes with extra whip cream (move over diet! Your in the way of my fat intake!) in a restaurant around the farm, regardless of what time of day it is :lol:

So that is what I will be doing. I love weekends. *hugs weekends*

bumknees
May. 2, 2009, 06:17 AM
Today/ (Saturday) house work, dreby, relax wait for dh to get home... Get " Spa treatment from dh... shigh..

Sunday go to a district meeting for a Veterans orgnization...