PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite color of TS breech?

luvs2ridewbs
May. 1, 2009, 11:02 AM
My favorite right now is Periwinkle! Has anyone tried the Moss Gray color? I was looking at it in Smartpak. What I'd really like is a Mint color or pastel green. I thought I saw some at the tack vendors at Saratoga this time last year but haven't seen them since. Guess I should have bought them, huh? :)

Pirateer
May. 1, 2009, 12:00 PM
I like tan.

LSM1212
May. 1, 2009, 12:03 PM
French Blue

chawley
May. 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
I have a pair of the chocolate, which I really like. I also love my rust and raison colored ones.

MissintheSouth
May. 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
I like the French Blue and Merlot. I have noticed that the darker color TS last longer, it feels like the fabric is heavier - has anyone else noticed that?

I have about 4 pairs of tan that I can use for schooling or shows.

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 12:16 PM
I have the Moss Grey - it is VERY similar to the Sage. I would not describe it as a "minty" green.

My favorite "new" color is Heather!

luvs2ridewbs
May. 1, 2009, 12:29 PM
What is Raisin like? a dusky purple?

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 12:34 PM
The Heather is sort of a dusky brownish purplely color. I would call it as a conservative classy color! The Raisin is somewhat redder/purpleier (are those words?!).

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 12:38 PM
I was looking at it in Smartpak.:)

I have not found the colors shown on their website to be really true to the actual color. Not blaming the website - could be my computer - just stating my observation.

caffeinated
May. 1, 2009, 01:06 PM
I have the moss grey, which I love.

I also snagged a pair on sale (I wonder why) that are seriously mint green. Like, doublemint green. They're pretty awful, but I sort of love them, heh.

CFiona
May. 1, 2009, 01:09 PM
I love ALL the fun colors! Anyone have any luck finding these on eBay? Do they have their own "style name" to make searching easier?

Pirateer
May. 1, 2009, 01:10 PM
I have the moss grey, which I love.

I also snagged a pair on sale (I wonder why) that are seriously mint green. Like, doublemint green. They're pretty awful, but I sort of love them, heh.

I remember when the mint green, ice blue/pink/lavendar were the first fun colors. I coveted the pink ones. Not anymore, since I'm fairly certain that pink breeches would not be very slimming.

chawley
May. 1, 2009, 01:37 PM
I remember when the mint green, ice blue/pink/lavendar were the first fun colors. I coveted the pink ones. Not anymore, since I'm fairly certain that pink breeches would not be very slimming.

Oh yea, I loved the pink ones too. But then I saw a girl at the barn wear them and they were filthy in literally five minutes flat. I decided to stick to the darker colors. :)

luvs2ridewbs
May. 1, 2009, 02:08 PM
the pastel colors seem to fade with age turning them really nice- less bright and more understated. At least the pink ones seem to be that way.
Anyway, I'm looking for a light summer color. Is the moss gray light? I really like pastels if you can tell :)

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 02:19 PM
Is the moss gray light?

I guess I would have to say "it's somewhere in the middle". It is a light grey with a greenish tint to it - it is VERY similar to the Sage if you know what that color is like. Without them side by side for comparison I think you might not know the difference. I would not call it a "bright" color.

There are definitely colors out there that are lighter (as well as darker). The Moss Grey is dark enough not to look too dirty after a day at the barn, but light enough to not be a "dark" color!

CFiona
May. 1, 2009, 03:37 PM
Okay, I'm caving in and buying , but you have to help me choose a color!

Something summery, but definatly leaning towards a darker shade as they are more "slimming"! :D And I get dirty a lot.:D

Anyone have pics? The swatches online don't really help.... are Indigo & French blue pretty dark? Maybe I should lean towards Sage and Mocha.

Pirateer
May. 1, 2009, 03:38 PM
Anyone have pics? The swatches online don't really help.... are Indigo & French blue pretty dark? Maybe I should lean towards Sage and Mocha.

I had the Mocha TS Royals and I LOVED them. Great color :)

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 04:21 PM

Something summery, but definatly leaning towards a darker shade as they are more "slimming"! :D And I get dirty a lot.:D

French Blue is a beautiful color (IMO!). The Indigo is supposed to be darker than the French Blue. In between True Navy and French Blue. Have you seen it out yet? My favorite tack store isn't expecting it until June (along with another new color, Walnut (a self-explainitory color I guess!)).

katie16
May. 1, 2009, 04:28 PM
Go here to check out color swatches for French Blue, Moss Grey, and Heather. I have them all! I think these are pretty close (but not 100% - but I guess nothing is!).

I think the French Blue is probably "truest". I think the Moss Grey and the Heather are slightly lighter. And I think the Heather is "prettier" than shows here.

I tried to actually paste the swatches in here, but I couldn't get it to work!

http://woodsongtack.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=484

summerpony
May. 1, 2009, 06:30 PM
I show jumpers in the mocha. It's close enough to normal tan but seems to help hide "things" better. My favorite color is the chocolate. I love them! They hide everything!

Pirateer
May. 1, 2009, 06:31 PM
I show jumpers in the mocha. It's close enough to normal tan but seems to help hide "things" better. My favorite color is the chocolate. I love them! They hide everything!

They do! I use to love to show up to lessons in my mocha's with a turquoise polo, brown sweater, and my brown GPA. Only wish I had brown boots to match ;)

brummelhorsefarm
May. 1, 2009, 06:46 PM
My favorite color is mocha as well. It matches my saddle well and is a nice neutral color. I always wear them when we shoot horse sale videos because they draw attention away from the rider.

superpony123
May. 1, 2009, 07:10 PM
i think i have french blue. or mallard blue. something like that. its a dark greyish blue. i like it. i also have rust ! <3

CFiona
May. 1, 2009, 07:13 PM
I think the French Blue is probably "truest". I think the Moss Grey and the Heather are slightly lighter. And I think the Heather is "prettier" than shows here.

Thanks - this is exactly what I wanted to know!!

Does anyone have pics?

Jumper6252
May. 1, 2009, 09:54 PM
expresso and periwinkle

OneMoreTime
May. 1, 2009, 09:58 PM
I'm boring, but I really like green-beige. For schooling or show, it's pretty much all I wear. I think I might be the only person in the world who loves that color. :)

Tracey1183
May. 3, 2009, 08:19 PM
Where does everybody get their TS Breeches? I used to get mine from Farm House Tack but it doesn't seem like they have as many colors as they usually do. I would go to smartpak, but they don't carry longs! :( I would appreciate any suggestions please!

saitou_amaya
May. 3, 2009, 11:45 PM
My favorite color is mocha as well. It matches my saddle well and is a nice neutral color. I always wear them when we shoot horse sale videos because they draw attention away from the rider.

Agreed! Mocha for the win!! :D

katie16
May. 4, 2009, 09:00 AM
Where does everybody get their TS Breeches? I used to get mine from Farm House Tack but it doesn't seem like they have as many colors as they usually do. I would go to smartpak, but they don't carry longs! :( I would appreciate any suggestions please!

I love "supporting the little guy" and have found this place to be wonderful. www.woodsongtack.com (http://www.woodsongtack.com)

Bolero
May. 5, 2009, 05:10 PM

I buy my 26 longs from SmartPak!

Dirty Little Secret
May. 6, 2009, 08:21 AM
My fav is the dark brown (chocolate) with the leopard print trim on the pockets! SO fun!

caffeinated
May. 6, 2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks - this is exactly what I wanted to know!!

Does anyone have pics?

Here's the moss grey:

http://kidklondike.wordpress.com/files/2008/06/newklontrot.jpg

BAC
May. 6, 2009, 10:17 AM
Regardless of brand, rust is always my favorite color and tan is my runner-up fav for breeches.

LSM1212
May. 6, 2009, 01:05 PM
Really bad pic of me but here is a good one of the French Blue:

http://kentuckyrider.com/Gallery/May-2007/IMG_0843_001

Toast/Mocha ??? (just slighly darker than the Tan):

http://kentuckyrider.com/Gallery/June-2008/IMG_1677

Here is the Dark Olive (I really like this one):

http://kentuckyrider.com/Gallery/10-05-08/IMG_1859

And here is the Sage (Loved this one):

http://kentuckyrider.com/Gallery/10-18-08-FC-School/IMG_1948

And yes, you can find them on E-Bay... I actually sold all of my pairs on there a few months back. Sadly, I gained weight and couldn't fit into them as comfortably. But can't afford to replace them all (I had probably 8 pair???) so I just got the Tan for showing (next size up) and got cheaper ones to school in. I'll slowly re-build up my collection as money permits! :winkgrin:

luvs2ridewbs
May. 6, 2009, 01:15 PM
I just ordered the moss gray! I'm very excited :)

ThePerfectFit
May. 6, 2009, 01:32 PM
My fav is the dark brown (chocolate) with the leopard print trim on the pockets! SO fun!

I saw those once, and passed on them telling myself that I dont need another pair of breeches.. And I CANT FIND THEM ANYMORE!!! IS there an online store that sells them?

chawley
May. 6, 2009, 01:37 PM

I have the Heather ones (newer color) and they are really pretty. They hide dirt pretty well too!

chawley
May. 6, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm boring, but I really like green-beige. For schooling or show, it's pretty much all I wear. I think I might be the only person in the world who loves that color. :)

I like the puke green too. You may be the only other person on the planet that agrees with me! haha

Dirty Little Secret
May. 6, 2009, 03:06 PM
I found mine at The Farm House. On sale for about $80? I'd call them if I were you to see if they have your size!

iridehorses
May. 7, 2009, 12:26 AM
NO RUST. please, i cant stand it.
i like the classics
the tan of course, but for schooling;
gray
black
brown
green
none of the bright stuff!

Gray Horse H/J
May. 7, 2009, 11:31 PM
I like the puke green too. You may be the only other person on the planet that agrees with me! haha

Me too. Not that I wear breeches, ever anymore, but the puke green are actually my favorite. Tan after that. Although I did like the Moss Grey someone posted a pic of. But yeah, puke green is my favorite. :lol:

Gray Horse H/J
May. 7, 2009, 11:32 PM
NO RUST. please, i cant stand it.
i like the classics
the tan of course, but for schooling;
gray
black
brown
green
none of the bright stuff!

Isn't rust a classic? That was in style back in the day, which to me makes it a classic.

Parrothead
May. 8, 2009, 03:52 PM
Rust and French Blue

On the topic of rust:
Some people love it, some people hate it. If you hate it, don't wear it! If you love it, rock the rust!

Across Sicily
May. 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know if the Espresso color (found here: http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=2555) in the TS Low Rise is really THAT dark? I'm looking for a more chocolate color... on Dover they look much lighter, almost the same color as the Mocha! Arrrrgh...

You'd think it'd be easier to find chocolate-colored breeches... it's not!

Aliascml
May. 10, 2009, 09:50 PM
I like tan and for schooling black or brown.

Denzel
May. 10, 2009, 10:17 PM
If anyone is looking for a true "chocolate" color, try the Pine Cone. I have a pair and they are very chocolate-y brown as opposed to the espresso which is a really weird color IMO.

Swale01
May. 11, 2009, 11:43 AM
I LOVE the toast color for showing...

And was wondering if any of you show in the Hunters with a shade here other than tan, the green-beige, toast, or rust?

BAC
May. 11, 2009, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if the Espresso color (found here: http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=2555) in the TS Low Rise is really THAT dark? I'm looking for a more chocolate color... on Dover they look much lighter, almost the same color as the Mocha! Arrrrgh...

You'd think it'd be easier to find chocolate-colored breeches... it's not!

I have the expresso breeches and they are the color of dark chocolate, the pinecone are similar to milk chocolate coloring, if that makes sense. Computer monitors can distort the color so its hard to tell from your link how accurate it is, on my computer the breeches look darker than they actually are.

Across Sicily
May. 11, 2009, 08:32 PM
I have the expresso breeches and they are the color of dark chocolate, the pinecone are similar to milk chocolate coloring, if that makes sense. Computer monitors can distort the color so its hard to tell from your link how accurate it is, on my computer the breeches look darker than they actually are.

Excellent. Thanks so much!

Can anyone weigh in on the Ash Grey? I've been looking for a decent pair of nice grey breeches without much luck... all I can seem to find is super dark grey in a tight or bluish-gray... not interested in that.

RumoursFollow
May. 11, 2009, 09:30 PM
I have just very recently started riding in breeches every day (being a jeans and half chaps wearer until then) and ordered a few pairs of these (including the chocolate with the leopard trim! love those). THey havent come yet, but I cant wait for htem to get here.

woodstock
May. 12, 2009, 09:22 AM
Quick question for all of you who school in these colored TS- are they washer friendly or does one still need to dry clean? I love the various colors but can't see schooling in breeches that I need to dry clean.

caffeinated
May. 12, 2009, 09:56 AM
I wash them with my jeans and then air-dry them. Seems to work just fine.

Swale01
May. 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
Quick question for all of you who school in these colored TS- are they washer friendly or does one still need to dry clean? I love the various colors but can't see schooling in breeches that I need to dry clean.

My TS's shrunk considerably when I washed them (despite the fact that I line-dried them afterwards.) I bought a new pair for showing that I always dry clean, and so far they have been fine. So I'd say if you want a pair of schoolies that you'll wash, you might want to go a size larger in anticipation of shrink....

BAC
May. 12, 2009, 10:13 AM
My TS's shrunk considerably when I washed them (despite the fact that I line-dried them afterwards.) I bought a new pair for showing that I always dry clean, and so far they have been fine. So I'd say if you want a pair of schoolies that you'll wash, you might want to go a size larger in anticipation of shrink....

I machine wash mine all the time and after losing weight I even tried shrinking them by putting them in the dryer, and they haven't shrunk at all. Which is quite fortunate as I eventually regained the weight so now they still fit. :D

katie16
May. 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
I got my WALNUT ones today and they are my new favorite color! My favorites used to be the French Blue and the Heather, but I LOVE the walnut!

I splurged and bought them "sight unseen" as a pre-order from my favorite store - $124.99 (regular price) but with free shipping coupon code I got them for $117.00! I am so glad I did!

Pirateer
May. 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
I always wash all of my TS (even the Dry Clean Only ones) and have never experienced "shrink".