PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Party Thyme, "Neiko"

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 02:39 PM
Neiko is a Chestnut Thb. 16.2, white strip on nose and one white sock (if I recall correctly). He would be approx. 22 years old. His papers would show that he was by The Party's Over, out of Spice Tree. I bred this horse (as farm manager) but never owned him. His owner sold him 9 or 10 years ago. He was originally sold to PA as an adult amateur hunter and was resold (I believe to the mid-west) when his owner developed more showing ambitions. He is a packer and a very safe horse, probably the nicest individual in terms of temperament that we ever bred. He is a very pretty horse with a long neck and lovely face and eye.

When we bought property and built a barn here I started thinking about him and worrying about him. It would have been nice to bring him here with our other two retired show horses. I would appreciate any information about him and would be willing to give him a retirement home for life if he is in need. If he has passed I would like to know that as well, at least I could stop worrying about him.

Thanks in advance.

Addison
Apr. 30, 2009, 02:47 PM
I was at the barn in central PA where he was being boarded when he was sold by his adult rider (won the locals at Harrisburg). I was under the impression he was sold to a woman in Canada to be used primarily as a pleasure horse. I think he was sold closer to 12- 13 years ago.

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 03:32 PM
WOW! That was pretty fast. The time frame fits with when he was originally sold and then resold. The dates are a bit hazy in my brain, it was a long time ago. I heard mid-west but that was third hand. You might know better than me. I didn't know that he won the locals at Harrisburgh, that's nice to hear. I not only bred him but also did most of his training and early showing. Do you have any info. on his owner or the BO/trainer?

Let's hope for some more info. Fingers crossed.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 06:40 PM
wow would you believe my best broodmare is by the Party' Over. She produced my best foals. One was the USEF HOTY as a yearling and 3 year old. Another was reserve in the zone and 3rd in the nation. I still have her here retired because I owe her a lot.

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 06:49 PM
Can you tell me about the rest of the pedigree? Maybe there are more connections? Photos of the babies? The mare? We bred numerous mares to "Lennie." He was a very nice horse.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 06:58 PM
She was one of the Rockerfellers Mares. I will look up the rest of the pedigree

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:03 PM
Ok her dam was More Than Memories

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
I saw her there and bought her for Fieldwood Farm. Her history was with Martha Sifton and Charlie Weaver. She had been pre green champion in West Palm and then foundered. She was beautiful and had a fabulous character and work ethic. She was sound to ride but would not stand the pounding of the first year division to qualify. After I got her, before she was bred I rode her at local shows and she was a big winner. She had a great jump and was totally uncomplicated. Your mare would be a full sister to The Party's Over who was 2 yr. old Horse Of The Year in 1990.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:20 PM
More than Memories is the dam of my mare and The Party's Over is her sire.

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
That would be Private Party, AHSA 2 yr. Old HOTY. By The Party's Over, out of More Than Memories. He was sold to Elizabeth Burke and shown by Olin Armstrong.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
I think we are not on the same page. The Party's Over (Amacook Reg. name) is her sire and my mare was born in 1988. So the 2 yr. old in 1990 is a differant horse.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:31 PM
OMG please tell me more about him I have lost track since i sold him to betsee Parker

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:32 PM
But Private Party is by my stallion E. K. Spatz

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:33 PM
Wrong again u are right

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:34 PM
Tooo many Partys It has been a long day so I am finally get my head together

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:35 PM
The sire, The Party's Over was shown as a Working Hunter and an Amateur Owner Hunter to year end awards by Debbie Muhlig. His show name was as stated before. The mare, More Than Memories went to Debbie when Fieldwood was disbursed. I don't see how the sire of your broodmare could be other than The Party's Over, unless Debbie sold her to someone in between. That could have happened but I don't know how. "Lennie", The Party's Over was by Fabled Monarch.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:36 PM
We need to get together some time and compare notes. Maybe we even know each other.

sugarlobo
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:39 PM
when things got disbursed that is how my mare fell out of the loop. I pulled her papers out just now and all is correct. So she is a full sister.

MrWinston
Apr. 30, 2009, 08:39 PM
This might have been the Jockey Club name for the horse that was then registered with the AHSA as The Party's Over. It's familiar but I would only remember it from JC paperwork. You might be right about that.

Addison
May. 1, 2009, 09:06 AM
I will try to get in touch with the woman who owned him in the Harrisburg area to confirm where he wound up. I'm not sure if she rides at this time but I live a couple of miles from her family's business so I will ask there.

MrWinston
May. 1, 2009, 10:45 AM
I would really appreciate anything you can find out. Finding out about him would put my mind to rest.

MrWinston
May. 2, 2009, 08:01 AM
n/m

Addison
May. 3, 2009, 11:01 PM
I did not have a chance to go to their store this weekend but I will try tomorrow. Hope to have some news for you.

MrWinston
May. 4, 2009, 08:54 AM
I appreciate it and am waiting in suspense.

Addison
May. 6, 2009, 08:45 AM
I got an e-mail from the person who owned Nieko in central Pennsylvania and she told me that he was sold to a woman in Ohio. She could not remember her name though.

I am sorry I cannot come up with anymore information for you at this time. His former owner said she would try to come with some more info and I will pass it on to you if she does.

BAB
May. 6, 2009, 10:47 AM
Look his name up on the USEF web site to see if he's still registered. Maybe he is and just maybe it will show a change of ownership. If you can contact the owner in central PA again, maybe she may still know his USEF registration number. Just a thought... I remember him - very nice adult amateur horse.

MrWinston
May. 6, 2009, 04:35 PM
I was afraid of that possibility. I really appreciate your efforts on my and Neiko's behalf. My husband was going through old videos this weekend to clear out the useless ones and found one from Old Salem Farm of me with Neiko in the local hunters. The quality of the tape was poor but his trips were so nice. I remember how easy it was to just go into the ring with him and jump around. I hope some more information will surface and agian thanks so much for your caring.

I have already searched the USEF data for his name and apparently he hasn't been shown in some time. No records but also thanks for the suggestion. I will take any help I can get with gratitude.

I got an e-mail from the person who owned Nieko in central Pennsylvania and she told me that he was sold to a woman in Ohio. She could not remember her name though.

I am sorry I cannot come up with anymore information for you at this time. His former owner said she would try to come with some more info and I will pass it on to you if she does.