PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, I've done it again...the ever expanding brood!!!

MissIndependence
Apr. 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
Well, I know the economy blows - and I know it's weird out there - and I am having to work 3x as hard as I was a year ago - and I shouldn't be buying any more horses.....and THEN....I saw HIM. Oh oh - the "soulmate". The dreaded ad.....the perfect photo.....the haunting call of the Siren's song. And before you know it - I had somehow managed to get a new one! Well....Here he is. I managed to get him to a horseshow 5 days after he arrived from Florida to Texas (cuz he came off the trailer RIP ROARING to go and not at all the shy, tired beast I imagined) and this is me on him for the 2nd ride ever this weekend. May I say that I love him???? That he is very nearly perfect in every way??? And that I am eternally thankful to have him and basically think he's the coolest dude EVER??? And that after only 2 years I figured out YouTube so I can actually post a video???? (Tidy - that should make you proud)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W57C0vb660g

His name is "George"....well -that's his barn name. I am so excited - I couldn't help sharing :). He's as awesome on the ground as he is in the ring.....a perfect gentleman!

ManyDogs
Apr. 28, 2009, 10:33 PM
He is gor-ge-ous! I love grays with black points.

hideyourheart03
Apr. 28, 2009, 10:51 PM
I LOVE HIM! OMG! He looks like soooo much fun and such a good boy!

Congrats! New ones are always exciting! (Especially when you don't have to sell the old ones first! ;) )

heartinrye
Apr. 28, 2009, 10:55 PM
I saw him showing all through WEF- that is one NICE horse :) Congrats!

PNWjumper
Apr. 28, 2009, 11:08 PM
Oh I LOVE that horse, MissI! I e-mailed the owner about him last year when she posted that she was having a tough time selling him. I think he is absolutely stunning and looks like SUCH a fun ride!

CONGRATS!!!

Now you officially have the most horses I would like to get my hands on RIGHT THIS SECOND! :lol::winkgrin:

Foxdale Farm
Apr. 28, 2009, 11:37 PM
How awesome. He is beautiful and looks like he loves jumping! I am not a jumper but he sure looks up to the task. Do you know his breeding?

www.foxdalefarm.us

MissIndependence
Apr. 29, 2009, 08:25 AM
How awesome. He is beautiful and looks like he loves jumping! I am not a jumper but he sure looks up to the task. Do you know his breeding?

www.foxdalefarm.us

He is Dutch (KWPN) out of Cavalier. His previous owners found some incredible footage of his father jumping a crazy big international derby course in Europe and a huge Puissance which they were kind enuff to forward me the links of. His father jumps a bit unorthodox but has had a lot of success internationally on the GP level.....they are similar in style and both look like they LOVE to jump, are brave, careful and catty.....and if my guy's attitude is anything like his father's then the sire has LOVELY ground manners as well.

Rosie
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
Oh! I actually saw you go on him and thought he was a CUTIE!
Looked like he has tons of scope and would be fun to ride.

Congrats! Are you back in Tyler this weekend?

MissIndependence
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:43 AM
Oh! I actually saw you go on him and thought he was a CUTIE!
Looked like he has tons of scope and would be fun to ride.

Congrats! Are you back in Tyler this weekend?

Yes - I'm back this weekend. Let's all PRAY for a lack of rain. The forecast is not looking too fun.

Justice
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:43 AM
Don't think of it as buying a horse, think of it as helping to stimulate the economy! It's practically a public service.

He is fabulous, and you guys look great together. Enjoy him!

FlashGordon
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wow he is fabulous, and you sound completely smitten.... which is awesome!!!

Big congrats to you on finding a great new partner! Enjoy him!

IrishWillow
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:49 AM
He's lovely, congratulations!

llsc
Apr. 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
He's lovely!!! He looks like a jackrabbit over the fences! I love that kind of horse.

tenacity
Apr. 29, 2009, 11:06 AM
Very nice! Congratulations!!!

Rosie
Apr. 29, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'll do the "rain, rain, go - away " chant for ya. It didn't work last Saturday, but at least Friday and Sunday were nice !

Good luck your new guy.

HARROLDhasmyheart
Apr. 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
He's horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. You need to send him to me in California ASAP.

Just kidding! He looks like quite a fun ride--as if he just pops over those fences with the impulsion and stride in between to boot. Congratulations on your purchase of the new beastie, and if that class at your first show together is any indication, you guys will make a fabulous pair :)

Cinnybren
Apr. 29, 2009, 01:19 PM
He is quite the handsome gent, and looks like a lot of fun! Sometimes you see one and just "know" it's the right deal. That's how it was for me and my mare. :)

Congrats!!!

DallasES
Apr. 29, 2009, 10:25 PM
Wow! I love him!! You guys look like you are having so much fun. My favorite jumper EVER that I had growing up was named George. Great memories with that horse! If you ever get bored and need someone in Dallas to babysit your new boy, I will be glad to take him off your hands. :) HA!

mep0726
Apr. 29, 2009, 10:29 PM
He is gorgeous! Though, I must admit that I am a sucker for greys :) You two look good together, and I'm sure you will do well together in the future.

horsetales
Apr. 30, 2009, 10:24 AM
Nice horse and you look great on him. Congrats on bringing George home.

nycjumper
Apr. 30, 2009, 06:33 PM
He's gorgeous - congratulations on the new addition!

dmj
Apr. 30, 2009, 06:52 PM
Lovely!! Congrats to you!

Sebastian
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:01 PM
He's horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. You need to send him to me in California ASAP.

I agree. QUICK put him on a truck to CA...Hhmh and I will know what to do with that "lemon"... :winkgrin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He looks SUPER fun!
Seb :)

CraziiPonii
Apr. 30, 2009, 07:13 PM
I'm in love:D He's a gorgeous boy- hope you have lots of fun!!

To My Surprize
May. 1, 2009, 08:34 AM
Wow...he is gorgeous !!!! Good luck with him !

Lucassb
May. 1, 2009, 10:16 AM
Well done! He looks terrific!!!

You only live once, I say... have as many nice horses as possible ;) and the economy be d*mned!

imapepper
May. 1, 2009, 11:31 AM
Very nice :) I personally believe that one can never have too many horses much to the DH's dismay ;) Congrats :) Have fun in Tyler this weekend....crossing my fingers for sun and a nice drying breeze for you :)

Czar
May. 1, 2009, 01:42 PM
Every once & a while I will see a horse that makes me think someday I might venture out of hunterland & do the jumpers again....your guy looks SO fun!

Congrats!

LSM1212
May. 1, 2009, 04:43 PM
Holy cow... he's lovely. I really like him.... gets some air time. ;)

And you look great on him.

Have LOTS of fun!