PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Upperville 2009

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 28, 2009, 08:23 AM
My favorite time of year, Upperville (http://www.upperville.com/) begins in 35 days. :winkgrin:

From and including: Tuesday, April 28, 2009
To and including: Monday, June 1, 2009
It is 35 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
Or 1 month, 5 days including the end date

I've cleared out space in my freezer so I can begin cooking for our railside picnic. Mr. Wings wants to know why the champagne is already chilling.

I can hardly wait.

SidesaddleRider
Apr. 28, 2009, 08:44 AM
Upperville is my favorite show as well. Although I am very definitely PEEVED at the new Saturday schedule.... :no:

Fireangel
Apr. 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
Upperville is my favorite show as well. Although I am very definitely PEEVED at the new Saturday schedule.... :no:

Well I will be down there to support you! We are heading down to watch and learn and hopefully we can chat some! Anyway I will be happy because I would love to see the Cleveland Bay classes. If you need any help let me know.

Jess

Acertainsmile
Apr. 28, 2009, 09:06 AM
We will be there Satruday for leadline..if my OTTB was ready (might be) I would enter him in the Back from the Track class.. we shall see!

Blinky
Apr. 28, 2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks ETBW for the reminder. Every year I think to myself, I want to come up for that. But am too busy. Well today I decided this is the year! Can't wait. Not riding but def. looking for some time off in my home town. I haven't been to the Upperville show in 20 years.

beanie&boomer
Apr. 29, 2009, 07:20 AM
SidesaddleRider --

Hope it's not the addition of the Cleveland Bays to Saturday that has you peeved. It's not a change that we asked for, but we're excited to be showing on a day that might introduce more horses to our rare breed!

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 29, 2009, 09:57 AM
Blinky!
. Every year I think to myself, I want to come up for that. But am too busy. Well today I decided this is the year!

If you are there on Wednesday morning, look for me towards the end of Hunter Ring II on the street side rail. You can't miss me, I'll have food. :)

Summit Springs Farm
Apr. 29, 2009, 01:12 PM
We'll be there in the hunter breeding.

Anyone want to have a COTH forum party and meet up!

LexInVA
Apr. 29, 2009, 01:14 PM
Pooling resources and getting some COTH tents together would be a good idea.

SidesaddleRider
Apr. 29, 2009, 02:41 PM
SidesaddleRider --

Hope it's not the addition of the Cleveland Bays to Saturday that has you peeved. It's not a change that we asked for, but we're excited to be showing on a day that might introduce more horses to our rare breed!

No, what has me peeved is the breakup of the sidesaddle division. It will be at least 3-4 hours in between the hunter hack and when we go for the o/f. I don't mind them moving the division to the morning, but why couldn't they have it all together??? For those of us trailering in, it's not really fair to the horses to have to wait around like that if it is incredibly hot (like usual).

Everythingbutwings
May. 28, 2009, 10:48 AM
Happiness is knowing that in less than a week, I'll be sipping a beverage railside at Hunter Ring II, snacking on cherries and triple creme brie with friends while the rest of DC is stuck in rush hour. :winkgrin:

The camera batteries are charged, the memory stick cleared and the bubbly is chilling in the fridge.

Bliss!

DuffyAgain
May. 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm hoping to be there on Saturday for Pony Breeding and Mrs. Beckman & Chantillly being inducted into the Hall of Fame! :)

Blinky
May. 28, 2009, 05:42 PM
Wahoo.
Flying up Wednesday night and will be around some on Thurs and Friday

dogchushu
May. 28, 2009, 08:34 PM
Sadly, the stupid job is making me work this week and there will be no Upperville spectating for me (well, maybe next weekend... still working on that).

So I expect FULL UPDATES from those of you attending. I must get my Upperville fix even if it's vicariously through you guys! :lol:

RNB
May. 29, 2009, 01:49 AM
*raises hand* I'll be there over the weekend. :) I hope to be able to meet some of you guys!

Equinoxfox
May. 29, 2009, 08:11 AM
I too .. will be there at Hunter Ring I... all week long. Love the pro divisions and after being at Devon can not wait to see how they handle the grass.
I will have my beverage of choice and a cooler full of other drinks as well.
Taking the ENTIRE week off of work to go and play and besides can not wait to get out of the crazy traffic of DC for a while.:eek:
Drinks will be had. Food will be plenty .. And the atmosphere will be grand.

( Now let's keep a eye for the weather) .. Any ideas yet ? :yes:

HollysHobbies
May. 29, 2009, 08:44 AM
Woohoo! OTTB classes! Too bad I have a dressage show that day, because maybe my OTTB rescue could do these!

Look out! DQ riding rescue OTTB in the ring! :lol::lol:

class 230 Back from the Track Hack;
class 231 Too Slow to Go;
class 232 TB Hunter Development

Equinoxfox
May. 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
Those are some awesome classes. I know last year the turn out was huge. I can only imagine this year.
I am glad to see them coming back and being so popular. It gives others a chance to show case there OTTB's and may help others to decide to get one .;) Gotta Love TB's.....

Anyplace Farm
May. 29, 2009, 12:21 PM
ETBW, I'll be there on Wed wit da crew. Looking forward to seeing you since it seems it is the only time I see you each year.

I'll be looking for my Equinox Fox too. ;)

Roomfor2
May. 29, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'll be there with Anyplace. Looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone that I haven't seen since last year.

Anyplace Farm
May. 29, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'll be there with Anyplace. Looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone that I haven't seen since last year.

Yeah, we'll be the ones with the big ol' eggs n' pancakes bellies. We're catchin' a big ol' b'fast before the big day begins! YUMMY!

Trixie
May. 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
What time is the grand prix on Sunday?

gottagrey
May. 30, 2009, 09:35 AM
Going Tuesday for some jumpers, not doing the Irish breeding this year - still cannot figure out how/what they are looking for in the Irish Hunter, and then Grand Prix on Sunday - Grand Prix supposedly is at 2:30 - but they have in the past moved the time up so I always plan to arrive a little earlier- and traffic can be bad coming in

beeblebrox
May. 30, 2009, 10:06 AM
Yes and a prayer that the weather does not produce the chaos of last year. Wow there was a wild day in there!

SidesaddleRider
May. 30, 2009, 04:12 PM
I drove by the showgrounds this morning on my way to a schooling show. The hunter barns are setting up their tack rooms, and vendors are mostly set up, and they have dumped a LOT of sand in the hunter rings in case of rain. While it is a good precaution, there isn't a whole lot of showing "on the grass" going on in the hunter rings last year and again this year. Sigh.