PDA

View Full Version : St Christophers vs Blue Rock

WellsWorthFarm
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:52 PM
Is anyone going to either of these horse shows? If you were going to pick one which one do you prefer and why? I would like to take our ponies to one of them just undecided to which one. Thanks

Tini Sea Soldier
Apr. 27, 2009, 01:17 PM
I think it really depends on what you're doing before and after it.

We took ours to both... but I thought that they looked a little tired at St. Christophers after competing in Garden State the week before... but bounced back ok for Blue Rock since they were there for 2 weeks... so in hind-sight, I would probably do just GS and Blue Rock.

At least in my experience, SC is usually a bigger show, as I think the following week, there is a big show somewhere else, also.

bascher
Apr. 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
We're doing St. Chris's but not Blue Rock..just because of different schedules, not because we prefer one over the other :)

brightwhitestockings
Apr. 28, 2009, 09:50 AM
We're doing St. Chris's but not Blue Rock..just because of different schedules, not because we prefer one over the other :)

same here

advantagepa
Apr. 28, 2009, 12:02 PM
I have always done both, but if I HAD to pick one I would do St. Chris.

isltime
Apr. 28, 2009, 12:55 PM
i think the shows are similar. i'm doing both because i haven't shown in several weeks and can't make it to garden state. that being said i think st christopher's would be my choice. the entries are more in line with the prize money offered and the schedule is more amateur friendly. blue rock has increased their entry fees and is giving less prize money

00Jumper
Apr. 28, 2009, 02:36 PM
I love both but am doing only Blue Rock this year - it just works better for my schedule. Given the choice, I would do both because I feel like my horse would be fine to bounce back with two weeks in between.

superpony123
Apr. 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
well, they're both at quentin, right? i have a friend who's going to both. i'd say go to whatever best fits your schedule :yes: the facility is the same, so the only difference is the schedule and i guess prize money and management.

starkissed
May. 5, 2009, 09:59 PM
blue rock! I think its is run much better. and I can say that because I work there! hehe. But I think the show organizer puts more effort into blue rock.

Kahuna
May. 5, 2009, 11:04 PM
I have shown at St. Christopher's and Blue Rock. Both shows were run very well. Keswick runs against Blue Rock this year, so we are doing St. C and Keswick.

charlie13
May. 16, 2009, 06:57 PM
anyone know where to find results for blue rock????

Heineken
May. 16, 2009, 07:20 PM
www.horseshowing.com or www.horseshowtime.com

Can't remember which?