PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal peeps any one seen this horse?

mew
Apr. 26, 2009, 12:43 PM
I posted him in the missing forum but some people have had luck here so I thought I would try.

Stealy is 13 now, sold through Dreamland Farms in Dixion in the fall. 17 hand grey/white gelding lower level hunter/jumper trail horse. He had white line some time in the last 3 years on one of his hind hoofs so he may still need bar shoes and may still have a chunk missing. He had a very old cold splint on his front leg that had his only black hoof. He was a total love smoozer and would charm the socks off you in about three seconds flat.

I just want to know how my former horse is and all that good stuff

Pictures of him can be found at
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31249221&l=55b54f4c39&id=43302935 he might be even whiter now

HARROLDhasmyheart
Apr. 26, 2009, 06:38 PM
I don't know where he's gone, but was he ever at the Portola Valley Training Center per chance? He looks kind of familiar!

mew
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
He was there with me :p

HARROLDhasmyheart
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:06 PM
He was there with me :p

OH okay! Knew he looked familiar :) I rode at Excalibur when I was in high school, and still ride there whenever I am home from college. Small world!

LovesHorses
Apr. 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
Did you get ahold of Andrea Barbee? I was told he didn't go to a show home.

indygirl2560
Apr. 26, 2009, 09:42 PM
I remember seeing his sale ad and I swear I saw him(or his twin) at the Leone show this weekend....but maybe I'm wrong. Go to horseshowtime.com and see if his name comes up in the results for this weekend.

LovesHorses
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:14 PM
I was there and didn't see him :( I used to be the assistant at the barn where he was in 2007. If you know him, he is pretty easy to spot.

mew
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:51 PM
Loveshorses, I tried emailing her asking if she minded passing along my info to the new owners just saying I used to own him and would love to hear how he is and all that good stuff, she hasn't gotten back to me. So I'm hoping she is just busy. . . I doubt he went to a show home either as he is/was decently well known and I think some one would have seen him around by now

indygirl2560
Apr. 26, 2009, 11:01 PM
I was there and didn't see him :( I used to be the assistant at the barn where he was in 2007. If you know him, he is pretty easy to spot.
Oh, well you'd obviously know what he looks like better than me! From that pic he looked like a horse at the show but oh well. I hope you find him OP!

LovesHorses
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:29 AM
Andrea was at Leone's this wkend. I am sure she will get back to you. My friend at Five Oaks said he went to be a trail horse or something. I will ask them again!

mew
Apr. 27, 2009, 10:23 PM
I'm sure she is just busy. . . we all know how those weeks get, don't worry about bugging your friend they most likely don't know where he went if he went as a trail horse.

luv my paint
Apr. 29, 2009, 12:31 AM
I am pretty sure he is at Willow Creek Horse Park in Davis. A family owns him and the girl and her Mom ride him.
I board there and I am pretty sure it is him. They still call him Stealy. They train with Ryan Orepeza.
He seems to be doing fine and is well cared for. I know Ryan has a website so you might be able to contact him to get more details.