PDA

View Full Version : Sale Barns, NJ

2LeftHooves
Apr. 25, 2009, 03:23 PM
Can anyone recomend a reputable sale barn for a jumper gelding? Who have you worked with and were pleased with? Who should I not touch with a ten foot pole? Thank you for advice

hideyourheart03
Apr. 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
Redfield Farms is run by Emil Spadone and he moves a TON of horses. Great guy with a great program and has a ton of contacts to get the horses sold. Here's the site: www.redfieldfarms.com

I am a little biased though. ;)

gg4918
Apr. 25, 2009, 05:47 PM
I second Emil's!

vegas01
Apr. 25, 2009, 07:47 PM
Absoutely Emil!

XenophonKnows
Apr. 25, 2009, 08:53 PM
sent you a pm

unclewiggly
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:17 PM
Redfield Farms is run by Emil Spadone and he moves a TON of horses. Great guy with a great program and has a ton of contacts to get the horses sold. Here's the site: www.redfieldfarms.com

I am a little biased though. ;)
Yeah he moves a ton of horse....says somethign doesn't it...10 ft pole rule apply

JOBEAN
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah he moves a ton of horse....says somethign doesn't it...10 ft pole rule apply

I must be slow... what is the 10 ft pole rule appy mean?

hideyourheart03
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:50 PM
Say whatever you want. You can't meet a nicer guy or better horseman anywhere. I can say all this with confidence from a lot of personal experience....

JOBean... OP said tell me which ones to not touch with a 10 ft pole. I think that's what he's refering to.

jacksorbetter
Apr. 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
I know many people who have bought and sold through Emil with great success. He is one of the first people many from our area will go to when its time to buy/sell.

CGolden
Apr. 25, 2009, 11:04 PM

Why does someone always have something negative to say? Half of the horses in our barn have been purchased through Emil. He sells a lot of horse because he is easy to deal with and stands behind his horses 100%.

vxf111
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have never bought with Emil but I have seen horses he sold and they were nice and as represented.

One thing you can say, which is not true of everyone in this economy-- he's actually getting horses sold. So if I was the seller, I would give him a call-- he's got that over the competition.

I've never heard a bad word about him but it seems like there's no one out there who EVERYONE likes. I thought I had found the one pro/sales rep on earth that no one has a bad things to say about and then last week heard the most AWFUL story about something he did. I guess no one's perfect, but Emil's rep is mostly positive from what I hear.

JOBEAN
Apr. 26, 2009, 09:37 PM
Say whatever you want. You can't meet a nicer guy or better horseman anywhere. I can say all this with confidence from a lot of personal experience....

JOBean... OP said tell me which ones to not touch with a 10 ft pole. I think that's what he's refering to.

Thanks.. sorry I told you I was slow..
As for the 10 ft rule.. I know several people who have purchased from him... no issues ..

horserider12
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:29 PM
Devin ryan in long valley new jersey. Specializes in jumper sales and training.

IsolaBella09
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:50 PM
I also suggest Emil. I know a handful of people who have gotten horses through him and have been very happy and successful. I also like Nona Garson and The Ridge Farm in Lebanon, NJ. I almost bought a horse through Nona, as I used to ride with her, and she was very accomodating. She always has very nice horses for sale. Also like Amanda Flint in Long Valley, NJ always has a nice selection from hunters to eq horses to big jumpers. Osvaldo and Gretchen at Palermo Show Stables in Bedminster, NJ always have jumpers available for sale as well. Great people and nice horses.

charlie13
Apr. 27, 2009, 08:40 AM
I agree that you cannot go wrong with Emil...I have trained/shown about 20 different horses that have come from him and if we ever encountered a problem he was always there to help us out......he is one of the few people I will buy horses from

Tini Sea Soldier
Apr. 27, 2009, 11:39 AM
Before everyone jumps to conclusions (pun INTENDED)...

Let's find out a little more about OP's jumper... bc, honestly, I can think of about 3 different sales barns that I would send it dependent upon the horse's show mileage, scope, age, etc.

SOOOOOO... that being said... maybe with some more information, OP, we can better direct you to a trainer/sales agent that would be the best fit for selling your particular horse... please add more details. Thanks!

2LeftHooves
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
Tini Sea Soldier,
I don't want to give too much info but: geldng is 9 with very limited show mileage. Currently going around courses of about 2'9" to 3'. Has jumped up to 3'9" with scope to go higher. Lovely mover, cute, sane, and has a wonderful willing personality.

brightwhitestockings
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:27 PM
www.alisonhaase.com

probably not close enough to you but nice barn and sale horses get taken care of really well, sold properly and pretty quick ;)

Penthilisea
Apr. 27, 2009, 01:38 PM
I've spent time in Emil's barn, without being his client, my horse was there for a few months. I never saw anything amiss or worrying. The barn was nice, the care was good, etc.

I've seen riders he started and they have strong basics and excellent skills in the ring.

I have also heard good things about Palermo recently, although I believe Osvaldo has ceased teaching.

You can't go WRONG with Nona Garson. She can also probably direct you to someone else if your horse doesn't fit her program.

Levi's owner
Apr. 27, 2009, 08:55 PM
Os is still most definitely teaching.