PDA

View Full Version : Rider Death in Welly

pinkroyal
Apr. 25, 2009, 02:10 PM
A good friend of mine told me that there was a death of a showjumper yesterday in Wellington. Does anyone have any information?

I have a friend down there by herself and I can't get a hold of her....

AmandaandTuff
Apr. 25, 2009, 08:14 PM
I hope your friend is okay!

Beenthere
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
The death occurred at the Equestrian Sport property during schooling day for the Palm Beach Horseman's Association local and unrated horse show. This was NOT during the Winter Equstrian Festival and NOT during Littlewood as some have stated.

The 45 year old woman was schooling when her horse got to an akward distance and the lady fell off on the landing side of a very small jump (2'3") and unfortunately fell off the right side and rolled directly under the horse who either stepped or hit/struck her chest while trying to step away from her. I understand that she gasped once for air and died on the spot. Her husband and daughter learned about he death upon arriving at the hospital. The trainer is a very wonderful young lady and is devastated. She is in a fog and very grief-ridden, as to be expected. Prayers are with the family. This was just an unfortunate accident with no explanation. Sad for all.

Parker_Rider
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:42 PM
how terrible! prayers for the family and trainer... that's just awful...

maclaydreams
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:43 PM
What a horrible, horrible accident. It sends shivers up my spine. My deepest sympathies for her family, and prayers for this fellow horsewoman.

Kenike
Apr. 25, 2009, 09:48 PM
Good grief, how sad!! Add my prayers for her family and trainer to the list....wow.

2hsmommy
Apr. 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
I am so sorry. How tragic :(
Condolences to the family and her friends.

mysandi
Apr. 25, 2009, 10:37 PM
That is so tragic and very, very sad.

mfallshookup
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:04 AM
So tragic. I am showing there this weekend and the staff dedicated the show to her and we had a moment of silence before we started saturday.
Her family is in my prayers.

Jessi P
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:22 AM
How terrible! My thoughts and prayers are with her family and loved ones.

CraziiPonii
Apr. 26, 2009, 09:39 AM
Thats horrible. Condolences to her family and friends:(

Platinum Equestrian
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:30 AM
Prayers for the family and friends of this lady. How tragic!

A Jillity Farm
Apr. 26, 2009, 11:03 AM
Who was the woman and who was the trainer??? Very important. I need to know and have "heard" it is my FL trainer......

Nauset
Apr. 26, 2009, 07:42 PM
WOW. Devastating. I don't know what to say... my thoughts are with the family and the trainer...

grandprix123
Apr. 26, 2009, 09:03 PM
RIP. My heart goes out to her family and friends