View Full Version : What else do you do?

Apr. 22, 2009, 11:52 PM
As well as your 'main' discipline?

as well as hunters I do(show in) dressage & eq.

What kind of lessons do you take to get you there? I take dressage and jumper lessons.

and i just realized i should have added an 'other' option to my poll...

Apr. 23, 2009, 12:05 AM
I show in the jumpers primarily, but the only regular lessons I take are weekly dressage lessons.

Apr. 23, 2009, 12:05 AM
I show hunters and equitation, but I also take dressage lessons, and I think in the long run that'll probably end up being my main path.

Apr. 23, 2009, 12:13 AM
I have shown hunters and jumpers, but I'm concentrating on jumpers now. I take dressage lessons, but don't show dressage.

Apr. 23, 2009, 09:28 AM
My retired pony and I used to drive everywhere; we didn't compete but we'd go on trail-drives, cross-country drives, etc. It was a blast! We would still be doing this if she weren't on the other coast. It's her favorite-st thing ever.

Have never considered driving with my horse (he'd destroy cart, himself, and myself, in quicker time than his jump-offs...) but I will definitely do it in the future, depending on the horse.

Apr. 23, 2009, 10:38 AM
I have hunters, jumpers, and an eq. horse right now, but I take dressage lessons (my jumper trainer was a BNT in dressage for 20 years before he got into the H/J scene) once a week and I (VERY CASUALLY) event my old pony hunter for kicks. We maybe do 2-3 events a year (unsanctioned) and maybe 1-2 2 phases. I don't take any lessons from any eventers, so it's just a little hobby, but I definitely participate!!

Apr. 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
There are a lot of others, such as combined tests, and fox hunting.

Apr. 23, 2009, 11:41 AM
I do hunters, but I dabble in side saddle, foxhunting, and occasional eventing cross county schooling. Whatever the ponies and I:yes: enjoy!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
I show in the jumpers primarily, but the only regular lessons I take are weekly dressage lessons.

It's that pesky flatwork that is the hard part! :)

I do both jumping and dressage lessons on a regular basis.

Apr. 23, 2009, 11:59 AM
Not listed...showmanship, trail, horsemanship, etc

War Admiral
Apr. 23, 2009, 12:01 PM
Other: saddle seat and carriage driving.

Apr. 23, 2009, 01:27 PM
I do Hunters and Eventing.

I take Dressage and Jumping lessons.

Apr. 23, 2009, 04:17 PM
Currently all of my three hunters live at a dressage barn.

I take a weekly dressage lesson on each, and hit the extensive trails.

Plans are to trailer out for jumping lessons, and possibly to do some elementary level eventing this summer.

Apr. 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
We mainly show in the jumpers, but are going to do the eq and jumpers this spring/summer. We also take weekly dressage lessons, and may do a dressage show in May. We also want to try out an eventing course. ;)

Apr. 23, 2009, 09:11 PM
I have shown in Hunters, Jumpers, and Equitation.
I have taken lessons in Hunters, Jumpers, Equitation, Eventing, and Dressage.

I am currently riding Dressage.

Apr. 23, 2009, 10:39 PM
The horse is the show hunter I have wanted since I was 10.

He's also the eq horse I wanted since I was 15.

I ride him like a dressage horse 80% of the time.

Otherwise, he hacks out on trails, moves cattle, does hunter paces.

He has done the jumpers once or twice where he has won in Power and Speed classes only 'cause he's broke.

He's moving out of the Hunters and into the Eq. if I can find divisions.

When he's done with that, he'll become my dressage horse and packer in the hunt field.

Apr. 24, 2009, 10:32 PM
Someone recently brought me a saddleseat horse to fix (rearer) and I LOVE HER. I had never sat on a saddleseat horse in my life before they brought her to me and she is just lovely. One of the sweetest horses that I ride. Id love someone to teach me to ride her properly, but I dont really have time. Still fun to ride her though!