PDA

View Full Version : Unrated Divisions

luvs2ridewbs
Apr. 22, 2009, 10:55 AM
Do unrated divisions show up on the USEF Horse report? Do unrated effect elligibility? Hypothetical: Could a horse have done the unrated schooling hunters at say 2'6 and still be elligible the next year for everything?

findeight
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:02 AM
Unrated means unrated and they do not track points on divisions they do not give points for.

Local affiliates do but, technically, if it's only shown unrated, it is still eligible.

At 2'6", USEF rates nothing. Minimum 3' for stuff they track-except Ponies.

ExJumper
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:12 AM
Do you mean unrated divisions at a rated horse show? Or unrated shows in general?

Because there are unrated 3'6" warm-up hunter classes offered in many places and I can't do those and then go into the pre green ring or something. Unrated divisions come up on your USEF report -- when my horse did a schooling or low class it was still on the report, it just said that they were unrated. And it showed what height the class was.

So you have to pay attention to the classes you are going in at a rated show, even if they are unrated divisions.

And the "local" organization will pay attention, too. I can't do the lows (at 3') to warm up for the baby greens (at 2'6"). Although both are USEF unrated divisions, they are at a rated show.

If I go to Joe Schmoe's schooling show or lesson show series I can jump the moon and it won't matter at all. Those classes wouldn't count at ALL for what I then choose to do at a rated show.

Janet
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
In terms of eligibility for "Green" and such like-

a) Only classes at USEF recognized competitions (and shows in other countries recognized by their NF) count. If it is at a show that is not USEF recognized it doesn't count

b) If it is at a USEF show, it counts. It doesn't matter if they are rated, unrated, hunter, jumper, eventing, breed specific, equitation, etc. (unless there is somelthing specific in the description for that class, or in the zone rules, that is different.)

findeight
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:20 AM
True...but the unrated class or division results are not on the USEF horse report. Least not on mine since dropping to 2'6".

Seal Harbor
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:25 AM
The only unrated divisions that show up on USEF reports are those held at rated shows. Yes - if your horse showed in a 3'6" Open Hunter division at a USEF rated show (which is unrated by the USEF) it just broke its First Year Green and there is a record of it.

Between the specs in the prize list, the USEF Rules and the Zone specifications you can pretty much decipher what you can and cannot show in to retain eligibility for the next year in rated divisions. At unrated shows you can do what you want, unless the prize list states otherwise. It doesn't carry over.

Seal Harbor
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:27 AM
True...but the unrated class or division results are not on the USEF horse report. Least not on mine since dropping to 2'6".

Are you sure? My horses are for last year in the Baby Green, which is not a rated division along with all of his low classes and other odd ball 2'6" divisions.

When you run the report make sure you change the year to get previous years data and if the shows are from this year the results may not be posted yet.

luvs2ridewbs
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:29 AM
I meant if you do an unrated div at a rated horse show. And if it effects elligibility (sp?). I was pretty sure that it does show up and it does effect status. But I wasn't sure. If its a rated show, shouldn't any unrated classes show up? I know I've seen low trips show up before.

So if a young horse does not have any 2'6 classes in its report, its elligible baby green.

findeight
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:41 AM
This might be relatively new.

I have shown at rateds in the unrated 2'6" between 2005 and 2007 (can't afford it since) and I show squat on the horse report despite lots of primary color ribbons in very big classes.

Nuthin' on there since 2004, the earliest year available. Believe I was still doing 3' back then but did not do well that year so there would be nothing anyway.

Seal Harbor
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
I just checked one of our horses that is showing Baby Green this year and everything is there.

Mine isn't showing this year either. Can't afford it. I hope to be able to have him show next year in the Pre Greens, that is if all the planets align, at the rate the economy is going he might make his Pre Green debut when he is 10, he is 5 now. :rolleyes:

luvs2ridewbs
Apr. 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
I have been having the same problem with the horse report. Even if I select it to show results btw 2004-2009, I only get 2006-2009.

ExJumper
Apr. 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
All my unrated stuff is there.

It's listed like this:

Division: MISC. HUNTER (No points earned) Rating: N

Then it lists everything.

Molly99
Apr. 22, 2009, 09:26 PM
It has only been in the past 2-3 years that USEF records data for every class and every horse at a USEF RECOGNIZED show.

NON-USEF RECOGNIZED shows will not show up on a horses report as they are not required to send in results.

The change over in results was just after they started requiring all horses to have a horse ID # to show.

And a slight pet peeve of mine: USEF shows are recognized, the hunters are RATED. So all classes at a USEF show are recognized, but only some are rated.

TesignedInGold
Apr. 23, 2009, 07:44 AM
Did beginner hunter (an unrated division) at a "AA" horseshow (Monmouth County Horse Show), and pinned well. It is on our USEF record... this was in 2007.

findeight
Apr. 23, 2009, 11:27 AM
So...we can assume that anything from 2007 on that occured at a USEF Recognized/rated show ought to be on there?

Makes sense, I have not been to a rated and pinned since fall 2006. That would explain the horse report.

luvs2ridewbs
Apr. 23, 2009, 12:19 PM
So before 2007, they only recorded horses with a reccording number in rated classes? I've been wondering why my horse (who is now a 1st year) has no record of doing the baby greens in 2005 at rated shows, VSF etc.

findeight
Apr. 23, 2009, 12:22 PM
So before 2007, they only recorded horses with a reccording number in rated classes? I've been wondering why my horse (who is now a 1st year) has no record of doing the baby greens in 2005 at rated shows, VSF etc.

Seems to be the case.