PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried "SmartSlim"

Maggy
Apr. 21, 2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=6926

I'd be interested to hear any feedback???

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 21, 2009, 05:14 PM
I have been wearing pantyhose under my breeches for about 15 years. I was so excited to see SmartSlim and give them a try. I am happy to say that I have gotten a pair and they really are fantastic. They are so much more comfortable than pantyhose and best of all they really work to smooth out the cottage cheese and keep the jiggle under control.

Some of my favorite things about SmartSlim so far:

They're actually comfortable:)

The waistband does not roll down. With pantyhose, I was constantly adjusting and hiking the waist up just praying that they would stay put while I was in the ring. I won't even begin to talk about the bulges that were caused when the pantyhose waistband did roll down.

The material is much more substantial than pantyhose but isn't hot. I've ridden in these several times now and have washed them. No problems. They seem like they're going to hold up for a long time.

They are about ankle length and have the same I guess you call it squeezieness all the way down so I don't get that line mid-thigh where the control top portion of the control top panty hose ends.

I'm sure I'll have more to say after a few more rides, but thought this might help a little bit:cool:

Queen Latisha
Apr. 21, 2009, 06:28 PM
What's the sizing like, do they have a lot of stretch?
I would hate to look like a sausage!:D

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
They do have a lot of stretch but also have the right amount of sqeeziness. I don't think you need to worry about looking like a sausage.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 22, 2009, 09:48 AM
Are they cotton-y or more of a nylon like spanx?

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
They're definitely not thin like Spanx. The material is much more substaintial than Spanx but not heavy and hot like cotton.

FancyFree
Apr. 22, 2009, 12:17 PM
I've been wondering how they were. Thanks for the review!

Jive
Apr. 22, 2009, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how true these are to their sizing.

Coreene
Apr. 22, 2009, 10:53 PM
I just LOVE mine. I have long legs, so the bottom goes to just below mid-calf. Order a size larger than you think you'd need and go from there. The fabric is divine, it totally wicks away sweat.

seabreeze
Apr. 23, 2009, 12:29 PM
Great, I've been wanting to spend some money :)

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
I just bought a pair too...don't forget the free shipping code eaohfs49...it will save you $7.95!!!!

Hunter Mom
Jun. 3, 2009, 08:34 PM
Does anyone else think they are hot? I rode in mine last night, and even though it was just 70 degrees, I found them to be hot. They were definitely not slippery like Spanx, though.

Pirateer
Jun. 3, 2009, 08:39 PM
I usually wear my UnderArmour with the same effect.
I can't remember if UA makes HeatGear pants.
I'm an UA Addict.

(might try the Smart Slims though...)

broughton_sporthorses
Jun. 3, 2009, 08:49 PM
I know everyone is sick of the VPL talk, but do these get rid of VPL? Are they thick enough?

Janet
Jun. 3, 2009, 09:30 PM
Based on Coreene's recommendation, I bought a pair.

When worn with full seat britches, I found them incredibly uncomfortable - like sand paper on the inside of my thighs. And my skin was bright pink when I took them off.

Twiceshy
Jun. 5, 2009, 09:25 AM
Does anyone else think they are hot? I rode in mine last night, and even though it was just 70 degrees, I found them to be hot. They were definitely not slippery like Spanx, though.

I wore mine under similar conditions for the first time last night. I didnt' feel overheated until I was done riding (or perhaps just didn't notice) and it took me much longer to cool off. I can't imagine wearing them all day or at a show where it's going to be more than 75-80 degrees. They did stay dry despite my "glowing". TMI, I know. Sorry. :D

My only other complaint is that although the waistband did not roll (as advertised) there were two "belt loops" on the outside of the waistband which had some sort of metallic thread woven in which was VERY irritating to this Princess's skin. The seams down the insides of the leg did not bother me which surprised me.

I think I'd be more inclined to wear these (minus the "belt loops") under dress slacks to be perfectly honest. I didn't see the "slim" part come together for me, but they definitely created a smoother line.

Coreene
Jun. 5, 2009, 10:36 AM
Janet, sorry that happened to you. I've ridden in them with jeans and half chaps, knee patch and full seat breeches and never had a problem. I love them. :yes: :D

Hunter Mom
Jun. 5, 2009, 11:07 AM
I am glad I'm not the only one who foudn them rough. I figured it was because I hadn't washed them. Overall, they're ok.

- sucks in the fat rolls on tummy
- stayed put under breeches

Dislikes:
- fabric is scratchy
- hot

Janet
Jun. 5, 2009, 11:26 AM
I'll try them again after washing.

Ride On
Jun. 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
I like mine that I bought. I have some full seat breeches that the fabric is light and I tend to get rubs so when I use the smart slim they help a lot. I like them. I do not wear them every day but they work well for me.

akhunterrider
Jun. 5, 2009, 01:26 PM
I usually wear my UnderArmour with the same effect.
I can't remember if UA makes HeatGear pants.
I'm an UA Addict.

(might try the Smart Slims though...)

The standard spandex-like UA are the heatgear ones. The cold gear are a bit thicker and not quite the same material.

Dapple Dawn Farm
Jun. 5, 2009, 01:39 PM
I wear mine when I go out to lessons and to shows...

pros:
reduce the look of cellulite (big pro)
I did order my size according to what they suggested...didn't go up a size (what's the point when you're going for the slimming effect?)
comfortable waistband

cons:
a bit itchy
a bit warmer than just breeches

Overall, I like them and may order another pair!!

katie16
Jun. 5, 2009, 09:16 PM
Just wondering of those who have both the SmartSlim and the Spanx products -how would you compare them?

Hunter Mom
Jun. 5, 2009, 11:10 PM
Just wondering of those who have both the SmartSlim and the Spanx products -how would you compare them?

IME - Spanx are a little less breathable and a little slippery, but softer against the skin. Both do a good job of sucking in and smoothing.

ChocoMare
Jun. 9, 2009, 08:43 AM
I love my Smartslims. Sock cuff keeps the leg down where it belongs without cutting off circulation to your foot. Waistband stays up where it belongs without the "Sausage String" effect.

Have talked to the R&D folks, though, and mentioned that the waistband can be a bit itchy. Word is the new version will be softer all around.

Coreene
Jun. 9, 2009, 10:16 AM
Had them on under jeans and ran into my ex. Who I split up with 11 years ago. Was it the SmartSlims? Because Mr Peter "Your Cheatin' Heart" Pan called later that night - SO predictable - and suggested dinner for "old time's sake." Uh, yeah, not so much. But thank you, SmartPak, because your SmartSlims gave me the most amazing "go f%$k yourself" moment I've had in years!!! LOVES IT.

magnolia73
Jun. 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
Coreene, do you own stock in smart slims?
I found them wretchedly uncomfortable under my slacks at work and they didn't really provide any.... uhh- compression. I also think they'd be chafe city in the waist. I'd rather not try and ride in them. It was like they were too small to be comfy in the waist and ankles, yet too large to compress any ass or thigh.

BAC
Jun. 9, 2009, 11:30 AM
But thank you, SmartPak, because your SmartSlims gave me the most amazing "go f%$k yourself" moment I've had in years!!! LOVES IT.

:lol: :D So they were definitely worth whatever they cost you, even if you never wear them again.

savvy9
Jun. 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
I wore mine for the first time at a horse show Saturday and I thought they were a bit warm but overall very comfortable and they definitely made my breeches fit smoother and a bit looser due to the compression - a good thing! Thumbs up!

Across Sicily
Jun. 9, 2009, 11:37 PM
You know... I wasn't that impressed. For me, they just added bulk under my breeches, and the waistband did slide down quite impressively. I found I was 100000x more comfortable wearing my breeches alone (not to mention a billion degrees cooler) and I actually looked thinner (according to videos/pictures) too. My breeches were a lot looser without the SmartSlims underneath them. ;) But, I will say, I'm not an enormous girl and I don't have much as far as cellulite goes, so I might not be the best barometer. They also came pretty close to cutting off the circulation to my feet - they are TIGHT around the calf! :(