PDA

View Full Version : IHSA Nationals

Flsunnfun
Apr. 21, 2009, 02:18 PM
The Intercollegiate Horse Show Association National Championship start on Thursday! The weather in Murfreesboro, TN is supposed to be warm and sunny. Anyone else excited?

EU
Apr. 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
I can't wait! I am so exited to have a couple of days off to show in the Alumni division! And...it is my 10 year reunion at Stonehill College this year!

RW06
Apr. 21, 2009, 02:46 PM
I can't wait! I am so exited to have a couple of days off to show in the Alumni division! And...it is my 10 year reunion at Stonehill College this year!

You have a PM

touchstone-
Apr. 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
Good luck everyone! I won't be going this year, but have a few friends who have qualified. I'm looking forward to reports from COTHers in attendance.

IsolaBella09
Apr. 21, 2009, 07:27 PM
I'm so excited! My college is going and I'm so excited to be a part of such a great team in the fall! :D Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Sheila
Apr. 21, 2009, 09:26 PM

Hey EU!! Great to see you post! Good Luck in the Alumni-

I know Stonehill has an Individual novice girl going-

Ponytrnr117
Apr. 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
Nationals were so fun! I went for Ind Open OF in 2006. I would love to show in the alumni (for Stonehill College...looks like we have a bunch of us alums on here) but I don't know if you can show if you turn pro?? prob not! IHSA was such a good time, I tell all my students to go for it when they get to school.

Monetary Unit
Apr. 22, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm sure you can show as am Alum if you are a pro. Our barn manager at school showed in the Alumni division for several years.

I'm excited. I graduated from MTSU last year and showed alumni this year, but didn't qualify. However, I am going to watch and help on Friday and Saturday.

My ex-horse Mona is slated as an alternate in the Novice Fences and Alumni Fences class so I'm really excited that she may be shown. (I know, it's silly).

rhinopony
Apr. 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
good luck everyone! i saw on the brown website that they are now going due to something going wrong with stonehill, anyone know what happened?

RW06
Apr. 23, 2009, 12:55 AM
good luck everyone! i saw on the brown website that they are now going due to something going wrong with stonehill, anyone know what happened?

Very long, unfortunate story short: one of the Novice riders was overqualified to show in that division, someone found out after Zones that she was ineligible. PM if you'd like more details.

TooManyChickens
Apr. 23, 2009, 03:59 PM
If anyone is there that can share with us how things are going, would love to hear some stories! They still haven't updated the site with any flat results yet..

Laguna 007
Apr. 23, 2009, 05:00 PM
The shows been great so far!!! I was in the first class this morning and only stuck around to watch a few after me, but all and all its a great show! It's my first time at Nationals, and I have to say I'm impressed. The IHSA and everyone over at Miller Coliseum have done a great job.

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Apr. 23, 2009, 05:01 PM
If anyone is there that can share with us how things are going, would love to hear some stories! They still haven't updated the site with any flat results yet..

http://www.ihsainc.com/Nationals/Results/default.aspx?mid=73

Laguna 007
Apr. 23, 2009, 05:07 PM

They were still schooling the flat horses when I left the show about a half hour ago, so they probably just started the flat classes...

Pirateer
Apr. 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
Congrats to Brittany Denton of VI for winning the Open O/F individuals! Go girl!

Flsunnfun
Apr. 23, 2009, 07:21 PM
Still showing the flat classes. The course was beautiful with live ferns and Azealas. The weather got ify only once and was quickly gone! Only one reride, so you know the horses were pretty good!

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Apr. 24, 2009, 01:01 PM
If anyone is actually in attendance and saw the first phase of the Cacchione Cup, could you please PM me (or send me an email? aecarr10(at)gmail.com). Thanks!!!

Pirateer
Apr. 24, 2009, 01:05 PM
If anyone is actually in attendance and saw the first phase of the Cacchione Cup, could you please PM me (or send me an email? aecarr10(at)gmail.com). Thanks!!!

Are you looking for the results?

SpicyMonarch
Apr. 24, 2009, 01:10 PM
My trainer's daughter is currentely in first place for the Cacchione!

And SUNY New Paltz's first rider to ever make it to Nationals came home with a 4th in her individual intermediate fences!!!

twobays
Apr. 24, 2009, 01:54 PM

I'd LOVE a PM, too.

supershorty628
Apr. 24, 2009, 02:06 PM
My trainer's daughter is currentely in first place for the Cacchione!

I'm rooting for Lindsay too! I can't believe she got a 90 - that's awesome!

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Apr. 24, 2009, 02:09 PM
Are you looking for the results?

Sort of. I'm looking for more of a very brief explanation of something that happened...

Equestryn
Apr. 24, 2009, 02:16 PM
Have the results been posted? I have a friend from my Alma Maters Equestrian Team who said she did well and I wanted to see what she got.

Anyone know?

Pirateer
Apr. 24, 2009, 02:46 PM
Results have been posted for yesterday and today up through the team Int. Eq O/F (I think?) No Cacchione Flat yet.

Pirateer
Apr. 24, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'm rooting for Lindsay too! I can't believe she got a 90 - that's awesome!

Looks like she got 2nd in the flat and is WAY ahead.

Marcella
Apr. 24, 2009, 07:02 PM
I see my alma mater represented a lot so far in the standings! Yeah!! Go UK! You need to make up for the lousy basketball season!!

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!

Kaelurus
Apr. 24, 2009, 09:43 PM
Anyone hear how Sewanee's riders are doing??

RumoursFollow
Apr. 24, 2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone know what happened to Charlotte Powers in the Cacchione? She rides great and I was sorry to see she didnt get a score.

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Apr. 24, 2009, 11:53 PM
Anyone know what happened to Charlotte Powers in the Cacchione? She rides great and I was sorry to see she didnt get a score.

That was precisely what I was trying to ascertain. Poor Charlotte. :(

LearnToFly
Apr. 25, 2009, 12:07 AM
Anyone hear how Sewanee's riders are doing??

Sewanee only has one or two riders showing, but I know they brought a bunch of horses so they've been running around helping everyone out!

I know there was a fall this morning in the Cup class, that may be why someone didn't score.

way2trvld2
Apr. 25, 2009, 12:16 AM
I was able to watch the entire over fences and both flat phases of the cachione today and was there all day yesterday so i will try to answer everybody's questions. Charlotte fell off in the over fences at the 7th fence, it was a bending oxer-oxer line and she just ended up at a really funky angle. Sewanee only had one girl qualify and it was a wtc girl and she picked up the wrong lead. Lindsay was AWESOME. She drew a great little jumper from hollins and just nailed it.

jumperbabe
Apr. 25, 2009, 12:31 AM
What happened to Charlotte in the flat phase? She scored a 68 and she rides beautiful.

way2trvld2
Apr. 25, 2009, 12:38 AM
She was on a horse that had a very weird gate and during the test ended up pretty far behind the motion and just looked stiff. I have seen Charlotte ride several times before today in other horse shows and she rides great, it was just kind of like today was not her day at all.

LearnToFly
Apr. 25, 2009, 06:36 PM
Results-

Hunt Seat
1st- Centenary College
2nd- University of Kentucky
3rd TIE- Virginia Intermont and Stanford
5th- College of Charleston

Western
currently in 1st by quite a bit- Black Hawk College- which is a 2 year junior college, so kind of cool

Cacchione Cup was just announced, I'll post those results in a second, but it was an impressive showing by the top 5, decided by a call-back that resulted in a no-stirrup round at 3'3.

LearnToFly
Apr. 25, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cacchione Cup:
1. Lindsay Clark, Centenary College
2. Elizabeth Giliberti, Brown University
3. Brittany Denton , Virginia Intermont College
4. Elizabeth Lubrano , Penn State University
5. Vanessa Thomas , Cal Poly State University
6. Ashley Lovegrove , Randolph College , VA

Lindsay Clark also scored a VERY impressive 93 (second highest was an 86) in the Open Team Fences to win THAT class as well. Which put Centenary over UK for the win

supershorty628
Apr. 25, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cacchione Cup:
1. Lindsay Clark, Centenary College
2. Elizabeth Giliberti, Brown University
3. Brittany Denton , Virginia Intermont College
4. Elizabeth Lubrano , Penn State University
5. Vanessa Thomas , Cal Poly State University
6. Ashley Lovegrove , Randolph College , VA

Lindsay Clark also scored a VERY impressive 93 (second highest was an 86) in the Open Team Fences to win THAT class as well.

I just jumped up and down with excitement!! Thanks for posting!!!!

Jumper6252
Apr. 25, 2009, 07:37 PM
I heard from a friend that Lindsey Clark was amazing all weekend!

SpicyMonarch
Apr. 25, 2009, 08:43 PM
I am just beaming from ear to ear over Lindsay's success this weekend! :D What a great accomplishment for her, she wanted it sooooo bad. And she's so humble about how beautifully she rides, it's just so amazing.

Way to go Lindsay!

PaintedWhisper
Apr. 25, 2009, 11:21 PM
Results-

Hunt Seat
1st- Centenary College
2nd- University of Kentucky
3rd TIE- Virginia Intermont and Stanford
5th- College of Charleston

Western
currently in 1st by quite a bit- Black Hawk College- which is a 2 year junior college, so kind of cool

Cacchione Cup was just announced, I'll post those results in a second, but it was an impressive showing by the top 5, decided by a call-back that resulted in a no-stirrup round at 3'3.

They actually didn't test the Cacchione riders-the no-stirrup test was for the Open Team Fences.

ThePerfectFit
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:02 PM
Well THAT was an exciting nationals. I had my friend texting me the entire time on how the girls were doing.

CONGRATS GIRLS FROM UK!!!! GREAT JOB! ((Must root for my school!!)

and of course congrats to Centenary college for a job well done!

horsecrazy
Apr. 26, 2009, 10:48 PM
I'm confused about Cacchione and maybe someone could clarify...

How does rider Jessica Van Brocklin have the 2nd highest score in the "total score" category, yet finished 9th? Why does the total score not correspond with their final ranking?

horsegirl520
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:54 AM
I'm confused about Cacchione and maybe someone could clarify...

How does rider Jessica Van Brocklin have the 2nd highest score in the "total score" category, yet finished 9th? Why does the total score not correspond with their final ranking?

That was the score before the final testing, I believe (I know she was 2nd going into the testing anyways).

Rhody Ram
Apr. 27, 2009, 08:26 AM
There was a workoff after the second round. She moved down in the testing.

jumperbabe
Apr. 27, 2009, 11:54 AM
It was a little questionable after some of the testing in all the classes....

Lots of very unusal jumps it placings after testing, even if everyone rode very good test...

MKFS
Apr. 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
I am the person who donated the chestnut horse ridden by Lindsay to Hollins. Congratulations to everyone.

Flsunnfun
Apr. 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
Wow what a Nationals! The weather was great. The horses were great and the western team competition came down to the very end!

FarnleyGarnet
Apr. 27, 2009, 04:30 PM
I heard a rumor that Virginia Tech's coach, Teresa McDonald, was awarded the IHSA Lifetime Achievement award at Nationals? Can anyone who was there confirm? I was away on vacation all week and feel so out of the loop!

T has done a wonderful job with the Virginia Tech program since it was founded. It was a great up and coming program when I graduated in 2004 and it just gets better every year. It's a tough region with VI and St. Andrews but I have faith that one day we'll get to bring a team to Nationals (sorry Eddie!). Just wanted to say congrats to T and VT. Go Hokies! :)

LearnToFly
Apr. 28, 2009, 02:37 PM
I am the person who donated the chestnut horse ridden by Lindsay to Hollins. Congratulations to everyone.

He was my favorite horse all weekend! I wanted to steal him and bring him home!

Pirateer
Apr. 28, 2009, 02:40 PM
I heard a rumor that Virginia Tech's coach, Teresa McDonald, was awarded the IHSA Lifetime Achievement award at Nationals? Can anyone who was there confirm? I was away on vacation all week and feel so out of the loop!

I believe that T was awarded something like that at IDA Nationals?

I'm all for Tech going to Nationals (as long as VIC qualifies ahead of them;))

Leo86
Apr. 28, 2009, 04:00 PM
anyone know the name of UK's coach?

gloriginger
Apr. 28, 2009, 04:38 PM
It was a little questionable after some of the testing in all the classes....

Lots of very unusal jumps it placings after testing, even if everyone rode very good test...

what are you saying?

jumperbabe
Apr. 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
anyone know the name of UK's coach?

Michelle Zimmer, she is the assistant at Robert Murphy Stables

DuffyAgain
Apr. 29, 2009, 08:34 AM
I was there and watched all but maybe two classes all weekend. Lindsay was just incredible, as were many others. The horses were fabulous!

Renn/aissance
Apr. 29, 2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations to everyone, and lots of carrots to the good ponies--especially Horse of the Show, Sweet Briar College's Saki. :)

PTDeaconHP
Sep. 15, 2009, 05:59 PM
She was on a horse that had a very weird gate and during the test ended up pretty far behind the motion and just looked stiff. I have seen Charlotte ride several times before today in other horse shows and she rides great, it was just kind of like today was not her day at all.

Haha, true fact, it was definitely not my day ;). I really loved the little mare I had over-fences too, so that was too bad. Life can be funny and ironic sometimes; at Culpeper a few weeks ago I won two over-fences and was bucked off in another, which was pretty entertaining, so I try just to see the humor in it all :).

I'm at graduate school up in Michigan now, and it looks like the region doesn't host alumni classes for the IHSA, so unfortunately I think my IHSA career is over. It was definitely a wonderful time though!

Thanks everyone, who wondered about me!

Jessyka89
Sep. 15, 2009, 06:01 PM
We are in the same zone as Michigan, and I know that my region offers alumni classes (I am in Indiana). I don't exactly know the rules of it all, but maybe, depending on where you are in Michigan, you could come show alumni in Indiana.

SpartanVirtue
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:19 PM
Haha, true fact, it was definitely not my day ;). I really loved the little mare I had over-fences too, so that was too bad. Life can be funny and ironic sometimes; at Culpeper a few weeks ago I won two over-fences and was bucked off in another, which was pretty entertaining, so I try just to see the humor in it all :).

I'm at graduate school up in Michigan now, and it looks like the region doesn't host alumni classes for the IHSA, so unfortunately I think my IHSA career is over. It was definitely a wonderful time though!

Thanks everyone, who wondered about me!

Sent you a pm