PDA

View Full Version : World Cup on NBCUniversal - having probs

J. Turner
Apr. 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
The website says that last night speed competition is on demand, but all I get is the ad, then it goes black. Anyone else having those problems?

Tollriffic
Apr. 17, 2009, 05:04 PM
I get that if I pull it up in Mozilla Firefox but not with Internet Explorer. It also can take a couple of times for it to fully load and play.

Saddlebag
Apr. 17, 2009, 07:17 PM
:mad::mad::cry::no::mad::confused: I went to the site, watched the commercial, the Thomas & Mack Arena was there in all it's glory...and then, a horse cantered into the ring. From that point on, all I received was stop and go still pictures of horses in mid-stride, walking out of the arena, landing off a jump...or, a horse cantering for one or two normal strides...or a black screen with no sound...or a black screen with sound, well sort of sound. It was a gutteral halting stammering attempt at speech, which had nothing to do with Melanie's voice and commentary. All the problems were from the transmission. I got lots of "buffering" followed by a black screen...then a "ready" message which (fool that I was) would prompt me to click on "Play". Then, the commercial was displayed in all it's glory...and the whole sequence would begin again. I never saw a horse jump more than one jump...much less the entire course. Mostly, just a black screen!

I was P___ED! :mad: :mad::mad:

indygirl2560
Apr. 17, 2009, 08:35 PM
:mad::mad::cry::no::mad::confused: I went to the site, watched the commercial, the Thomas & Mack Arena was there in all it's glory...and then, a horse cantered into the ring. From that point on, all I received was stop and go still pictures of horses in mid-stride, walking out of the arena, landing off a jump...or, a horse cantering for one or two normal strides...or a black screen with no sound...or a black screen with sound, well sort of sound. It was a gutteral halting stammering attempt at speech, which had nothing to do with Melanie's voice and commentary. All the problems were from the transmission. I got lots of "buffering" followed by a black screen...then a "ready" message which (fool that I was) would prompt me to click on "Play". Then, the commercial was displayed in all it's glory...and the whole sequence would begin again. I never saw a horse jump more than one jump...much less the entire course. Mostly, just a black screen!

I was P___ED! :mad: :mad::mad:
same here. I gave up. :no:

Amyy
Apr. 17, 2009, 09:11 PM
I had no problems, I was actually really pleased with it. Picture was crystal clear, didn't freeze at all

War Admiral
Apr. 17, 2009, 09:50 PM
Here are some geek tips for those running Windows:

1. You must have Windows Media Player 10 at least - 11 is better.

2. Give it up on Firefox - Universal CLAIMS FF is supported but it doesn't seem to be - unless it's the very latest iteration, which I don't have. Doesn't work for me in Google Chrome, either. If you were to open the Firefox error console you would see the same error loading every time you click on the feed. Use Internet Explorer instead.

3. You might try upgrading your Internet Explorer to IE8. For me, this involved 3 hours and two regedits, but I got it to work eventually.

4. For those w/ speed issues, close down as many other programs as you can, especially ones running in the background. You can see icons for those in the lower right corner of your screen next to the clock. If you've got something viciously memory-consumptive like MS Office running, your feed will be slower than it should be. It is RISKY to do this and I don't necessarily recommend it (esp. if you're on a wireless network in a populated area), but if you're bound and determined to watch this online, you could try shutting down your anti-virus software temporarily. Just remember to turn it back on when you're through watching - and like I say, do this at your own risk and NOT b/c "War Admiral said to"! :winkgrin:

lonewolf
Apr. 17, 2009, 10:40 PM
I don't have a particularly fast computer, and I found the feed to be perfect. By far the best streaming video that I have been able to get from any site, anywhere. My programs are all upgraded, however, and I would suggest following War Admiral's advice.

I haven't used Explorer for as long as I can remember, but I booted it up for this occasion, and as soon as I did it worked for me.

I did have to try it a couple of times. I heard someone else saying that they had to wait 20 mins for theirs to work, although that wasn't the case for me.

hideyourheart03
Apr. 17, 2009, 11:39 PM
Just out of curiosity... are you guys on wireless? or like DSL? My feed is pretty bad, and my internet is normally pretty good, but it is wireless. I would just like to get a whole course without getting interrupted!

Hunter/JumperMom
Apr. 17, 2009, 11:53 PM
I watched two riders, last one was from Mexico and I got booted off! I am wireless, and the highest speed you can get in my area, can't get back on so I give up!

kbbarn
Apr. 18, 2009, 12:44 AM
I was having problems with FF ( nike commercial worked but nothing after that) but I got it working just fine now - after 20 minutes of fixing. Here is what I did: upgraded to ff3, upgrade media player to 11, downloaded the windows media player plug in for FF, upgraded flash player and then turned off the pop up blocker in ff. Works just fine now!

thizzelledance
Apr. 18, 2009, 01:02 AM
has anyone gotten it to work with safari/a mac?

edit: aha, never mind. all of a sudden it started working on all three of my browsers. probably something to do with the site itself.

TatteredDaydreamer
Apr. 18, 2009, 05:53 PM
What's the link?