PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP FINDING T-SPORT WRAPS!!!!

Individualblue07
Apr. 16, 2009, 02:53 PM
My guy needs wraps when I ride him but especially when I jump him, so after a while of research I ended deciding to go with the T-sport Wraps... but I need to find ones that are used... I cant dish out $200 for 4 wraps... Anyone know of good places to check? Already tried ebay... Im DESPERATE!!! lol

Any thoughts or idea would be VERY helpful!;)

Also... In your opinion... do you think its smarter to go with the wraps or with the boots since Im jumping him?

Thanks!!!!!!:D

Pirateer
Apr. 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
Try polos. Real Cheap.

Equus_girl
Apr. 16, 2009, 08:10 PM
I would go with open front boots for jumping.
What specifically do you want protection for? Nothing is going to give you tendon support, even though they could claim so, so basically its all cosmetic and mostly for us, owers, to sleep better at nights :)

That said, I cannot stand a sight of my guy being "naked" and we use polos for flat work and boots for jumping.

As for the wraps, I had an issue with my guy sweating through polos, SMB boots, and pretty much anything else. Not good...

I got a pair of http://cgi.ebay.com/Stretch-Polo-Wraps-Horse-White_W0QQitemZ250393344128QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item250393344128&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
and I love them! The first half is fleece and second is elastic. It still provides protection for nicks and picks but is not as heavy as regular polos and stays on much nicer.

Parker_Rider
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:36 PM
Try track bandages... they're thinner than regular polos and elastic and what I use instead of t-wraps.. because there is no way in he** I'm paying over $100 for polo wraps!!

RodeoGirl
Apr. 17, 2009, 02:09 PM
My vet recommended the T-Sport wraps after my horse had surgery, they are great!

Unfortunately I don't have any advice about where to find them cheaply. I check on ebay from time to time as I would like another pair, but I never see them listed.

I've seen them online for $86.50/pair, if you find them for less let me know :)

Equus_girl
Apr. 17, 2009, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=RodeoGirl;4029750]My vet recommended the T-Sport wraps after my horse had surgery, they are great!
QUOTE]

RodeoGirl,
If you dont mind me asking what kind of surgery did your horse had and what was the vet reasoning for using wraps? Just to keep legs warm?

Pirateer
Apr. 17, 2009, 03:12 PM
My vet recommended the T-Sport wraps after my horse had surgery, they are great!
QUOTE]

RodeoGirl,
If you dont mind me asking what kind of surgery did your horse had and what was the vet reasoning for using wraps? Just to keep legs warm?

Maybe the vet is getting kickbacks from Equifit:winkgrin:

Equus_girl
Apr. 17, 2009, 03:35 PM

:))

I am notorious for asking vets all kinds of stupid questions. When we moved and I was hunting for "our" new vet I asked them all what kind of supplements they recommend for my very healthy 6yo who is in very light training. The guy who said "none, just keep him fit, turnout as much as you can and watch what you feed him" won the race :)
You are not going to believe supplements lists some have printed out for me. I believe my horse is the only one in the 40+horse barn who is not getting any supps. Hay, half scoope of omolene once a day and bran on Sunday brunch (I like to think of his bran as my Sunday brunch mimosas :))

MissintheSouth
Apr. 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
I second the recommendation for track wraps. Also try Saratoga wraps. We use those with the light cotton wraps under them (they work essentially the same as t-wraps and are much less $$).

blue&blond
Apr. 17, 2009, 05:28 PM
Try track bandages... they're thinner than regular polos and elastic and what I use instead of t-wraps.. because there is no way in he** I'm paying over $100 for polo wraps!!

Track bandages are exactly what I need. Can you tell me where I can buy them?

pbrain1088
Apr. 17, 2009, 06:10 PM
I wonder if these would work?
http://www.bigdweb.com/detail.aspx?id=74222#

Here are the track bandages
http://www.bigdweb.com/detail.aspx?id=3959

blue&blond
Apr. 17, 2009, 06:46 PM
Here are the track bandages
http://www.bigdweb.com/detail.aspx?id=3959[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! :D

Couture TB
Apr. 17, 2009, 06:58 PM
Saratogas or track bandages with fybagee pads under them. Though I do use them both ways with or without the pads under them, but it is better to use the pads underneath to protect the legs a bit more. Also make sure that you know how to properly wrap your horses legs with both types of wraps before using them. It is an art if you don't know how have someone show you so you do not injure your horse

RodeoGirl
Apr. 17, 2009, 11:30 PM

If so he deserves every penny! He worked wonders on my horse!

travisday
Jun. 9, 2009, 09:28 PM
Pirateer,

There are NO vets that get a "kickback" from EquiFit. Our product line is derived from a medical background and I assume most veterinarians can recognize that in our marketing, the materials we use and the line of products we offer. Every single product by EquiFit is developed in an effort to improve the job and daily life of each horse.

To think that your horse's vet would recommend a product just to make a few bucks is a very disheartening and pessimistic thought. I'm sure it happens, you're right. But please know that we're not offering "kickbacks" to vets who sell EquiFit product.

Thank you,
Travis Day
EquiFit, inc.

RodeoGirl
Jun. 9, 2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the insight Travis. I just bought Equifit ankle boots to go with my wraps. I LOVE your products!