PDA

View Full Version : The Clothes Horse

Reggie
Apr. 16, 2009, 11:13 AM
OMG..I just received my new Irish knit that I ordered less than 2 weeks ago, and it is spectacular and very beautiful! The quality of the materials and the workmanship is always the best. I can't wait to use it!

Anyone looking for quality custom coolers, scrims, Irish knits, sheets, ect. for their horse I would call Katrina. She currently has a sale going on. What an opportunity!
I can't wait to order my new bandages which are next on my list..oops..following my new show sheet ...

ponymom64
Apr. 16, 2009, 11:26 AM
Katrina does a great job!!

TheOrangeOne
Apr. 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
Absolute BEST. I asked for wraps to match his stable sheet, monogrammed. I got 16 foot long wraps. Perfection.

Portia
Apr. 16, 2009, 01:13 PM
Katrina is wonderful. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new "coolerette" with a new trainer's name on it, and in the e-mail order I messed up the description of the colors. But of course Katrina caught it and when she sent the conformation invoice had already fixed it so it would match those I had ordered in the past. Then it arrived within the week.

And her stuff seems to last forever. We're still using jumper show pads that I got from her I-don't-know-how-many-years ago. We've replaced them for shows with new ones from her that have our entire logo, but the old ones are holding up great for schooling.

Buggliest
Apr. 16, 2009, 01:27 PM
I actually scored a BEAUTIFUL wool cooler at a 4H sale for $25 - Retail over $300!! I just need to reembroider it, but that's the easy part!;)

JA
Apr. 17, 2009, 12:18 AM
Katrina's stuff is the best! I have dress sheets that are 10 years old that are still in great shape after years of abuse. And the new stuff is just as beautiful and the quality of her stuff has never deteriorated like so many of the other companies quality has...

She goes out of her way to make sure you are happy. I would never buy anything else

je.suis
Apr. 17, 2009, 07:45 AM
Top quality horse clothing. Indeed lasts forever especially the luxurious wool coolers. Definately worth the money, and they're not inexpensive compared to anything you can order from a tack shop. I am curious as to where I can have another monogram done in place of the current one as I've since sold 2 of the horses whose names they bear. Looks like a big job to me, but I am not a seamstress. Any clues? I suppose i could call Beval?

rydm
Apr. 17, 2009, 09:06 AM
The Clothes Horse stuff is great.

ponymom64
Apr. 17, 2009, 09:18 AM
Top quality horse clothing. Indeed lasts forever especially the luxurious wool coolers. Definately worth the money, and they're not inexpensive compared to anything you can order from a tack shop. I am curious as to where I can have another monogram done in place of the current one as I've since sold 2 of the horses whose names they bear. Looks like a big job to me, but I am not a seamstress. Any clues? I suppose i could call Beval?

Katrina can re monogram them for you. Call her!!

sarcam02
Apr. 17, 2009, 10:54 AM
All her stuff is impeccable. She will change the old monograms out for you

LivviesMom
Apr. 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
Is there a website for this company???

ponymom64
Apr. 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
Is there a website for this company???

www.theclotheshorse.com

But - she doesn't have the plaids that she specializes in on the website, so you have to call if that is what you're interested in.

I just received an envelope of about 20 gorgeous plaids that she selected for me based on my barn colours. It was very hard to pick one - well, OK, I actually picked TWO because it was so hard to pick one ;)

LivviesMom
Apr. 17, 2009, 12:12 PM
www.theclotheshorse.com

But - she doesn't have the plaids that she specializes in on the website, so you have to call if that is what you're interested in.

I just received an envelope of about 20 gorgeous plaids that she selected for me based on my barn colours. It was very hard to pick one - well, OK, I actually picked TWO because it was so hard to pick one ;)

Thanks! You really should not have told me about the plaids though... I'm a bit OCD about it lol. I see large charges on the credit card in the near future!

BAC
Apr. 17, 2009, 01:29 PM
It was very hard to pick one - well, OK, I actually picked TWO because it was so hard to pick one ;)

LOL, you are starting to sound like someone else we both know. :lol:

ponymom64
Apr. 17, 2009, 01:33 PM

LOL!!! You're right!!

Portia
Apr. 17, 2009, 09:31 PM

You can also just try any local embroidery place or a national place with local franchises, like EmbroidMe. There may still be traces of the old embroidery stitching imprinted in the fabric after the threads are removed, though. I'm not sure if there's anything they can do about that.

Lucassb
Apr. 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
www.theclotheshorse.com

You got both!!! I am soooooo proud!!! :D

WELL DONE!!

Hunter/JumperMom
Apr. 17, 2009, 11:33 PM
in the fall I ordered a rain sheet (the nice one with the flannel in it), a scrim and a dress cooler, they have the barn colors so that was the easy part, I tweaked the dress cooler a little and added the fancy tail cord! What a difference! really stands out compared to the regular tail cords! Years ago I ordered a trunk cover from her, I messed up the dimensions, got it, didn't fit, she adjusted it for me no problem!

J. Turner
Apr. 18, 2009, 12:29 AM
I wish I could get sewing lessons from her ... or whoever's in charge.

The stuff I got is gorgeous. I was on a budget and got a beautiful houndstooth plaid on sale out of season and an eskadron scrim in a natural color that was a close out. She spent a lot of time with me even though I was having to be a bit of a pennypincher. What I like is that the trims are not extra - piping or ribbon.

je.suis
Apr. 18, 2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the tips ! Sometimes the obvious eludes me. Happy showing, everyone !

ponymom64
May. 4, 2009, 03:08 PM
I just got the scrim sheet I ordered for the new horsie (not to be confused with the two wool coolers - LOL) and it is LOVELY!! So, major thanks to Katrina who not only did a beautiful job, also rushed it to me at the last minute, so I could have it for a show on Saturday.

Tini Sea Soldier
May. 4, 2009, 03:29 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my dress sheet with the irish knit stitched inside it from Clothes Horse. It's gotta be like 12 years old and looks brand new.

I also got a slew of plaid swatches to choose from based on my horse's color! I went in thinking I wanted something blue or blackwatch... and ended up with a red/grey/black/pale yellow plaid and did black trim with pale yellow piping. Would have NEVER thought of that combination... but got compliments everywhere we went. In fact, there was a person in charge of keeping track of it at shows bc I was so paranoid about it!!!!

MintHillFarm
May. 4, 2009, 04:52 PM
Still looks good! I can't believe that is has lasted this long. Quality work to say the least.

DuffyAgain
May. 4, 2009, 09:56 PM
Katrina ROCKS!!! :):):):yes:

SilverBalls
May. 4, 2009, 10:39 PM
All I can say is that Katrina does excellent work... A real Class Act! :)

GreystoneKC
May. 5, 2009, 12:19 AM
Another vote for Katrina rocking! My trailer is filled with goodies from her, many quite a number of years old and still going strong! She does amazing work!