View Full Version : equine-saddlery- UPDATE SCAM- website now closed!

Apr. 15, 2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone have experience with www.equine-saddlery.com? They have an online website that seems to be a random collection of saddles, not organized like other sites are, and claim to be "UK based", yet are using US dollars and shipping out of NJ. I also don't know the last time I saw a high end french saddle listed at anything below $2,000. thoughts?

Queen Latisha
Apr. 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
Click on the pictures, the saddles are used not new.:D

Apr. 15, 2009, 03:45 PM
yes, they are all used saddles, but the pricing is way lower than anything I've seen on any other used saddle sites.

Apr. 15, 2009, 04:26 PM
yeah, i'd be very interested in hearing feedback on this one. they have decent looking butet's on there for under $1000. either something is shady or these people have no business sense (which of course would be our gain :) )

Apr. 15, 2009, 04:34 PM
* 1 tiny picture per saddle (taken in different settings which is odd for a used saddles' website)

* Unbelievably low prices

* Saddles' serial numbers not displayed

* If you click on "help" the conditions have been copied from the reputable "French Used Saddles", actually they didn't even bother to remove the part that says:
"FrenchUsedSaddles.com does everything possible to guarantee the availability of the saddles listed on this website."

I would stay away from them or at least request more pictures and a serial number before buying anything. If they cannot provide more pictures, definitely stay away because it means they don't have the saddles and they only stole the pictures from other websites.

Apr. 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
So this is apparently a new website as I've been looking for a new saddle for a few months now. I would suggest to everyone NOT to do business with this company, unless someone can confirm otherwise. They only deal in western union payments- or, easy for me, i could just give them my bank account number! I suggest everyone stay far away, and if you've posted a saddle for sale recently maybe someone will recognize their photos from the website. OTOH i'd love a butet for $1800....

Apr. 16, 2009, 08:37 AM
I suspect they might be a collection of OTHER people's stuff for sale, sort of like those websites that appear to be about gardening or shoes, but are nothing but a collection of ads. It does have a weird vibe.

Apr. 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
I vote scam. They also list trucks and trailers, and if you order today, you get free shipping!

Apr. 16, 2009, 01:20 PM
I am also suspicious. When you click on the "contact us" link, it is only an online form - no telephone numbers or street addresses. I think most online businesses also give a physical location, or at least a phone #.

Apr. 16, 2009, 01:36 PM
I asked them for the serial number from the CWD and they were unable to give it to me.
I recognize some pictures stolen from other very legit websites.

I recommend you always talk to the seller over the phone anyway even if you're going to pay with paypal... and obviously, never do a wire transfer or give your bank account information!! Be careful, some paypal "copycat" scam websites look a lot like the real thing!

Apr. 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
Definitely a scam.

The site is identical to "webtackstore" (do a search on this forum for saddle scams). Most of the saddle photos come from usedsaddles.com

I'm writing the ISP provider now with the info. got webtackstore shut down, this one needs to go too.

Apparently the site is registered to a woman from CT- wondering if she knows anything about it? She's apparently a horse owner- anyone from the Windsor, CT, area?

May. 4, 2009, 02:10 PM
After filling out complaint forms- the website has been shut down.

Jun. 28, 2009, 10:50 PM
I just joined COTH today so I could find out if anyone had heard of this company. I was about to order a saddle from them that is an incredible deal, no shipping, keep it for 10 days, if you don't like it send it back at no chargeā€¦ right.

When I asked for additional photos, I did get them. The one with the serial number looks funny though, like maybe it is missing a number, but I'm not sure.

Anyone heard anything more?

Jun. 28, 2009, 11:10 PM
I emailed them about a week ago about asking for pics of an Antares saddle. I was suspecting that they were a scam, but I thought I would just email them anyway.
So they email back, after me JUST asking for pics, and pretty much copy/paste what the ad said and then also wrote that they would only accept through wire transfer, I can have 10 days to try out the saddle and if it doesn't work out, I can send it back for a full refund. No pics included.
I email back asking for pictures, again. They send them and ask for MY BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION to purchase the saddle (even though I said nothing about purchasing it) and again, if it does not work out they will give me a full refund.
I did not reply. They email back about a day later and wrote:
"did you buy saddle?"

So yes, definitely a scam. They weren't very subtle about that.

Jun. 28, 2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm surprised they are back at it again.

Jun. 29, 2009, 12:24 AM
These websites are also seemingly gigantic scams:
http://www.theshowbarnllc.com/ now operating as www.horseygifts.net

DO NOT BUY from them. I learned my lesson after paying for two purchases and receiving neither of them. I lost a little over $100... not exactly the price of a saddle but still. PayPal tried to intervene on my behalf, but was unable to get any of my money refunded even though they cited the seller as being negligent. Yikes.

Jun. 29, 2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info. In fact, I think I had a problem with them before, as well!