PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff of my own thread- Calling all used saddle hunters!

Aubreyyy
Apr. 15, 2009, 10:11 AM
I want a nicer, used saddle. I would prefer not to have to use ebay, b/c I have been scammed more than once! I tried searching a bunch of sites like Farmhouse and Beval, but I don't know them all!

Any help? My budget is around $1000-1200.

IrishWillow
Apr. 15, 2009, 10:12 AM
I've had good luck there!

I have a Bates for sale too.. LOL!! ;)

TrakeGirl
Apr. 15, 2009, 10:30 AM
Usedsaddles.com has been my favorite!

Got a great deal on a Passier Precision - they let you take out multiple saddles, are reasonable with shipping, and only charge you once you decide which one you are keeping.

dwblover
Apr. 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
Try saddlesource.com. It's the website of Rick's Heritage Saddlery. I have been buying saddles from them since I was a kid.

chawley
Apr. 15, 2009, 12:36 PM
Try saddlesource.com. It's the website of Rick's Heritage Saddlery. I have been buying saddles from them since I was a kid.

I've bought a saddle through Rick's too - great experience!

Lauren12
Apr. 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
PM me

hollyhorse2000
Apr. 15, 2009, 01:52 PM
Middleburg Tack

Trumbull Mountain

Pelham Saddlery

gooselover
Apr. 15, 2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not really an ebay user, but the times I have used it - it was great. Bought my Pessoa there for $900 in almost new condition with fittings and my Dover there also. Both were great deals and wonderful sellers.

equest
Apr. 15, 2009, 05:45 PM
I found a used Childeric at Rick's Heritage Saddlery. It was a very good deal and they were great to work with.

Beval also sells used saddles, but you need to call them to get an up to date listing of what they have.

Also google Cori McGraw saddles. She carries used high end saddles (Antares, Butet, Childeric, etc.)

Tegan301
Apr. 15, 2009, 06:52 PM
I second Trumball Mountain. I bought a used cc saddle from them a few years ago and had a good experience. They have good customer service.

Two Black Cats
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
Also check out CWD's website at www.cwdsellier.com. They have a whole used saddle section that is very nicely put together -- they also post them on Ebay. I believe that there are also some pretty nice used saddles on the Devoucoux website as well.

Two others that I liked during my saddle hunt included:

www.fineusedsaddles.com (very helpful, and a beautiful website to boot!)
www.frenchusedsaddles.com

Good luck with your search!

Rosie
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:45 AM
I've bought and sold saddles thru fineusuedsaddles.com
Inititally I was very worried about buying/selling a saddle over the internet.

Patricia was very helpful, knowledgeble and can help with fitting your horse if you want to send tracings/pictures. Saddle I bought was exactly as she had represented it.

Good Luck

KnKShowmom
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
Another vote for Rick's - got DD's saddle there and they were wonderful.

diva4ever
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
I LOVE Rick's Heritage...I bought both of my used saddles there and was quite surprised that although they both were at a used price, neither looked used. I also like St. Croix Saddlery. They also had great prices and great product.