PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing question

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 13, 2009, 10:30 AM
What are the best breeches to help hide the dreaded "C" as in cellulite???:no: Also, I will definitely be wearing spanx underneath as well.

LShipley
Apr. 13, 2009, 10:41 AM
The thicker cotton breeches, instead of the nylon-y microfiber ones, seem to be more flattering. However, the cotton breeches do seem to wear a bit faster.

If you just need schooling breeches, darker colors also show less.

ImJumpin
Apr. 13, 2009, 10:49 AM
For schooling, Irideon Issentials are a good choice. Kerrits microfiber as well as do the Ovation Euroweave (which you could show in as well).

I find that sometimes thicker cotton are not the way to go-- the above suggestions are all far from thick cotton.

For showing, TS 4 ways are fine. Ariats I think tend to show cellulite the most.

Watch with the spanx type stuff-- they will make a line where the "support" part ends. With the above choices-- I think all looks fine without something like spanx.

Rhody Ram
Apr. 13, 2009, 11:14 AM
The TS Supreme Hunter 4 ways are the worst. They are soo clingy. 2 ways are better. The TS cotton schooling breeches are good too.

Rye
Apr. 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
hmmmm....
1. Spanx
2. I think the TS two-ways are a lot worse than the 4-ways. Regardless I think it's better to get them a little baggier in the thigh and buttock area(and have the waist taken in), get a size bigger if you need to.

katie16
Apr. 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
Tailored Sportsman Royal Hunters (the 2-way stretch ones). I find the looser fit hides more than any of the 4-way stretch brand breeches do!

katie16
Apr. 13, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hmmm . . . as usual, it looks like you are going to get a wide variety of opinions! Maybe it depends on what area you need help hiding?

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
I need show breeches...thigh coverage....

katie16
Apr. 13, 2009, 12:06 PM
I need show breeches...thigh coverage....

In your case I would still recommend the Tailored Sportsman Royal Hunters (the 2-way stretch). IMO, They have a looser fit through the buttocks and thighs, but they don't do too much to hide a pudgy tummy. I guess that's where your Spanx might help me!

eclipse
Apr. 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
Ah the dreaded culliulite! bah, hate the stuff but unfortunatly as I am a normal woman, I have it! LOL

I tend not to worry about it with my regular Ariat breeches, but with my white Pikeurs it's definatley noticible so I wear down to the ankles, Spanx type underwear. It really smooths everything out & also cuts down on visible pany line too!

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 13, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yup, I do wear the ankle length Spanx...I don't need VPL adding to the issue...

findeight
Apr. 13, 2009, 12:24 PM
The Ariat Pro Circuits are a little more forgiving in fit for anybody with curves, at least on me. Little thicker fabric and not so much stretch hde more.

The higher end breeches seem to do a better job-sorry.

Lucassb
Apr. 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
I think you may find that fit & fabric matter more than the brand, or at least that has been my experience. I really like the microfiber fabrics like the one used in the higher end Pikeur breeches - my euroseat Ciara's are my favorite, and have a very flattering cut, IMO. If you want something less pricey, I've also had very good luck with the Equine Couture F3 breeches sold by Smartpak. I originally bought them to school in, but they are so comfortable and flattering that I've also shown in them. They are cut a bit more generous in the waist than my TS breeches, and don't get that baggy look to the rear end that you see sometimes with the TS models.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 13, 2009, 01:55 PM
I love my Ariats - I don't think they show the cottage cheese nearly as much as most of the others. They also fit my curves well. Also, going with a darker color (khaki instead of tan) helps in the camoflauge department. I even go Spanx-less.

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 13, 2009, 02:07 PM
Sooo...how dark can I go and still be "show appropriate"?

gottagrey
Apr. 13, 2009, 03:00 PM
This is one of the reasons why RUST is making a comeback!

FancyFree
Apr. 13, 2009, 03:04 PM
This is one of the reasons why RUST is making a comeback!

:lol: Very true.

With a firm support garment underneath, you shouldn't be able to see anything.

Dapple Dawn Farm
Apr. 13, 2009, 03:11 PM
Ah, now I get all the rust threads lately...makes sense :lol:

SoCo
Apr. 13, 2009, 03:30 PM
and just to add ... add CLA and L-Carnitine to your diet. If you'd like some more info, PM me and anyone else for that matter

just thought i'd let you guys konw.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
I know there are multiple shades of beige in each line, too. Ariat comes in (depeding on the model) fawn, khaki and beige. Beige is the lightest color, but all three would be ok in the show ring. TS beige is darker than their tan.

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 13, 2009, 05:37 PM
Check out SmartSlim on the SmartPak website. Looks like they do the same thing as Spanx but were actually designed for riding so they're more comfortable and more durable.

OneMoreTime
Apr. 13, 2009, 06:18 PM
Check out SmartSlim on the SmartPak website. Looks like they do the same thing as Spanx but were actually designed for riding so they're more comfortable and more durable.

Have you used these? They're so affordable! I use a brand called Flexeez (which i love), but they're almost 2x as expensive. I'm a loyal SmartPak person, so I'll have to give these a try, too. I did notice that the sizes are a bit on the bigger side - what about those of us who are smallish but flabby?!?:D

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 13, 2009, 06:38 PM
I hear you...even skinny people have cellulite!

I placed an order for SmartSlim and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. I think they're new because I haven't noticed them before.

SmartPak has always been great about special ordering stuff for me. Maybe if you tell them what size you need they'll be able to get them for you....

seajay
Apr. 13, 2009, 06:44 PM
I know some people who work at the SmartPak store and actually checked out a sample - I think they had their employees, who are riders, do some of the testing. They are really cool and I loved how they fit under breeches...just kind of sucked it all in but without the uncomfortable things that go along with panty hose. I wear the TS style breeches and the combination was quite comfortable.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 13, 2009, 07:48 PM
I can't wait to hear how these work. I hate wearing my Spanx in the summer - they're just TOO hot!

HolsteinerMare
Apr. 20, 2009, 11:04 AM
Got my SmartSlim. LOVE THEM!!!!!! Rode in them this weekend when it was a little warmer than usual for this time of year. I was completely comfortable and felt very much "sucked in". The one tricky thing is figuring out where they are supposed to end on your leg. They have these great grippers on the bottom that keep them from riding up, but can get a little tight if you pull them up too far on your calf. I found the comfort zone to be right above where my paddock boots ends. Now I need to order a few more pairs:D

OneMoreTime
Apr. 20, 2009, 11:11 AM
Got my SmartSlim. LOVE THEM!!!!!! Rode in them this weekend when it was a little warmer than usual for this time of year. I was completely comfortable and felt very much "sucked in". The one tricky thing is figuring out where they are supposed to end on your leg. They have these great grippers on the bottom that keep them from riding up, but can get a little tight if you pull them up too far on your calf. I found the comfort zone to be right above where my paddock boots ends. Now I need to order a few more pairs:D

Thanks for the update. i'll be ordering some to ship with my next round of supplements. Since a bunch of us order supplements to ship at the same time, it will be funny to see who opens the package and what their reaction is to having my "undies" in there. LOL. Thanks again for being the pioneer & for reporting back to us.