PDA

View Full Version : Trainer's Reputation

Jumpster
Apr. 8, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hey Everybody,
I live in southern Wisc.. There is a trainer in Northern IL named: Kristine Scott -Salamie. Does anyone know anthing about her background? Is she worth the drive, (about 1 hour)?
Thanks,
Jumpster

Serah
Apr. 8, 2009, 08:49 PM
Where in Northern IL? I'm in antioch, I don't know the name...Do you know the farm name?

Giddy-up
Apr. 9, 2009, 09:37 AM
Is she at Field & Fences?

whoknew?
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:06 AM
Did you google her name? Usually a good place to start......

Giddy-up
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:53 AM
Is she at Field & Fences?

found their website & not the trainer I was thinking of. sorry.

diva4ever
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:59 AM
I googled and couldn't find anything besides a site from 2005 for horseback riding...what kind of training does she do (is there something in particular that you're looking for in a trainer b/c I'm in SE WI and maybe could help you find something a little more local?)

whoknew?
Apr. 9, 2009, 11:17 AM
Drop the "Scott"; google Kristine Salamie.

Giddy-up
Apr. 9, 2009, 12:51 PM

:eek:

I remember seeing bits & pieces of this before.

What farm is she at in northern IL now?

ExJumper
Apr. 9, 2009, 12:59 PM

Holy crap.

Donkey
Apr. 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
:eek:

MintHillFarm
Apr. 9, 2009, 02:07 PM
I would look for another trainer!

Two Black Cats
Apr. 9, 2009, 02:14 PM
Jumpster -- PM me with more info on what you're looking for in a trainer and hopefully I can provide a few suggestions...

tenacity
Apr. 9, 2009, 06:04 PM
Giddy-up, sent you a pm... ;)

RumoursFollow
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:52 PM
I went to look at a horse that Kristine had advertised on here in the Giveaways about a year ago. If you'd like to hear about that, feel free to PM me. She posted here as onestride. Not sure if shes posted more.

Aubreyyy
Apr. 9, 2009, 11:10 PM
Uh oh, anyone check out the link at the end of the Topix page?

[edit]

eqrider1234
Apr. 10, 2009, 01:39 AM
run.... run very fast :lol::lol:

LexInVA
Apr. 10, 2009, 07:10 AM
All I can say is that it does not look good at all.

Jumpoff78
May. 13, 2009, 06:30 PM
You know what, I have been training with Kristine for about a year.

I love her. She offers great knowledge to jumpers who do the upper levels.

She is completely professional, and very understanding.

I just found out about her past a few days ago, and seriously would have never have thought that this girl had one evil bone in her body.

If you are interested in learning what it takes to be the best at the upper level jumper classes, then give her a call - I am sure that you will be impressed as well.

What is her personal business, is that...HER personal business.

Drop the drama and ride.

Mary

katerenee
May. 13, 2009, 07:11 PM
I have no comment about the OT but just wanted to say I am stealing the phrase "Drop the drama and ride!!!" I just love it! Thanks for making me smile! :lol:

huntrjumpr52
May. 13, 2009, 11:05 PM
I'm posting on an alternate username, but all I can say is do not train with her. And sorry jumpoff78, but she is not an upper-level jumper trainer or rider. I mean, I guess it depends on your definition of upper-level, but I would not feel comfortable with her riding my horse. I'm sure there are many other trainers out there that would be great for the op that don't come with such a... umm... background.

Serah
May. 13, 2009, 11:10 PM
There are plenty of trainers along the border of WI-IL for all different levels... Since posting on this thread I have been educated on this individual and would be very hesitant to refer anyone to her.

Are you still looking for a trainer? Feel free to PM me as I am close with a lot of the trainers in the area and would be willing to help you find a good fit...

Podapants
May. 15, 2009, 01:21 AM
Last I heard she was at Hidden Knoll Farm, Jill Knowles place. Though, I had heard she was leaving. She's interesting, and I would not call her an upper level jumper trainer, but she has some very interesting ways of doing things. I can also help with finding a good trainer in the area.

maggyjazzz
Jul. 14, 2009, 02:02 PM
:eek: Funny how trainers come into Hidden Knoll and leave as fast as they can !!! 2 years no outdoor and very very $$$$. To many rules and cold in the winter. Looks un-finished too. Bad barn design. Staff is great but the owner/trainer is Jill Knowles is very cold & struggles with her own issues everyday. If you have met her you know what that's all about !!!

dags
Jul. 14, 2009, 04:39 PM
maggyjazzy, you seem to be here with intent and agenda. I would have to disagree on all counts though, as Jill is anything but cold and that new barn is fantastic. Pricing is on par with other top-notch facilities outside of Chicago and everything in that place is state-of-the-art and top-of-the-line. City permits have delayed the outdoor, but seeing as the indoor is practically the size of a football field with lots of natural light I don't think people are that concerned through these dog days of summer. Really, what's more pertinent in Chicago, the outdoor or the indoor? Never fear though, it is in the works.

There is another trainer there that seems to get along quite well. Jill is a perfectionist and insists on impeccable care of the facilities and the horses - my guess is the personalities of whomever you are speaking of did not measure up to her standards.

Lilykoi
Jul. 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
:eek: Funny how trainers come into Hidden Knoll and leave as fast as they can !!! 2 years no outdoor and very very $$$$. To many rules and cold in the winter. Looks un-finished too. Bad barn design. Staff is great but the owner/trainer is Jill Knowles is very cold & struggles with her own issues everyday. If you have met her you know what that's all about !!!

Jill is certainly a different sort but I think this is a bit extreme in judgment. I've had friends at that barn from day 1 and of course there are always issues, as at any barn, but for the most part it is a beautiful facility and the horses all get excellent care. The owners have really spared no expense and eventually the outdoor rings will be completed. Dags is correct about the permit issues.

HJPony
Jul. 15, 2009, 10:59 AM
The farm is open 9am to 9pm on all weekdays, including Mondays. On Saturdays the rings don't open until 1pm but you are welcome to be around beforehand. Unless a "barn wide" conflict occurs, such as show preparation. The trainers normally handle this though. The barn then closes at 9pm. On Sundays the farm is open from 9am to 6pm.

maggyjazzz
Jul. 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
FUNNY YET ANOTHER TRAINER AND THE BEST HIDDEN KNOLL HAS HAD IN YEARS IS HEADING FOR THE DOOR!!!! :lol:

laves81
Jul. 20, 2009, 09:40 PM
FUNNY YET ANOTHER TRAINER AND THE BEST HIDDEN KNOLL HAS HAD IN YEARS IS HEADING FOR THE DOOR!!!! :lol:

FYI This is not Horseshowdiva (thank god).

Timex
Jul. 20, 2009, 10:59 PM
Hmm, now this thread is getting interesting. Lol. The trainer is question (hell, and the op too) certainly seem...special. Lol

Lilykoi
Jul. 21, 2009, 05:47 PM

....this is true.:confused:

Bethm411
Jul. 21, 2009, 06:32 PM
All I can say about Kristine Scott is RUN LIKE THE WIND BULLS EYE! I have had personal dealings with her...

Jumpoff78
Aug. 14, 2009, 04:09 PM
Ok, Ok.....so, I was wrong. Since my last post, many things have happened. KS turned out to be one bad apple, [edit] SO PLEASE BE LEARY OF HER. But, as for Jill at Hidden Knoll...she was always very pleasant to me, and the barn is amazing.

Now, does anyone know where I can find a trainer that actually is experienced at the 5' Levels....and, where there is no drama?! lol

Thanks and safe riding!

Mary

Giddy-up
Aug. 14, 2009, 04:22 PM
so when people originally offered warnings to the OP, you said.....

You know what, I have been training with Kristine for about a year.

I love her. She offers great knowledge to jumpers who do the upper levels.

She is completely professional, and very understanding.

I just found out about her past a few days ago, and seriously would have never have thought that this girl had one evil bone in her body.

If you are interested in learning what it takes to be the best at the upper level jumper classes, then give her a call - I am sure that you will be impressed as well.

What is her personal business, is that...HER personal business.

Drop the drama and ride.

Mary

and now you are saying....

Ok, Ok.....so, I was wrong. Since my last post, many things have happened. KS turned out to be one bad apple, [edit]. SO PLEASE BE LEARY OF HER. But, as for Jill at Hidden Knoll...she was always very pleasant to me, and the barn is amazing.

Now, does anyone know where I can find a trainer that actually is experienced at the 5' Levels....and, where there is no drama?! lol

Thanks and safe riding!

Mary

Beenthere
Aug. 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
Oh wait, on the chronicle site we only talk of pigtails and happy tales and we don't state people's names and comment on their business practices or provide opinions that might in anyway be shaped in a negative light. This is the glass half full clan. So on the chronicle people have claimed [negative experiences]

does anyone even know if any of this is true?

Jumphigh83
Aug. 14, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evidently not all trash talk is created equally. :winkgrin:

Sparky
Aug. 14, 2009, 08:18 PM
so when people originally offered warnings to the OP, you said.....

and now you are saying....

Giddy Up, what I'm reading is that Mary admits to being wrong about her first assessment of KS. Isn't that what everyone was trying to tell her, and she got it? What more is there to say ? :confused:

Jumphigh83
Aug. 14, 2009, 08:20 PM
FYI This is not Horseshowdiva (thank god).

or horse show spy...or the manure pile....yet they do have some vague similarities ;);)

Jumpoff78
Aug. 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
What a pity that there are so many hurtful people.....

I stuck up for KS bc yes, I thought she was good. My bad. I stuck up for Jill bc yes, I know she is a good person based on my experiences with her. My bad again.

So you know what?! Go make your own analysis by dropping the drama and riding. Not all trainers/facilities are for one specific rider. KS is just a trainer, her methods weren't what I was looking for. Jill and Hidden Knoll are great, but I no longer live in that area or I'd still be there.

Yes, I'm honest and was just trying to help a local equestrian or two....apparently, I've learned my lesson.

Best to everyone, I'm through with the gossip and are going to ride!

Mary

precious
Aug. 15, 2009, 03:55 PM
...interesting how you can diss some people here but not others. have no idea who this jill or salami are, but find it interesting that this thread has gone to 3 pages without moderator intervention. not that i think the moderators should intervene, it just seems their interventions are selective. :rolleyes:

englishivy
Aug. 15, 2009, 06:03 PM
No dog in this fight. BUT.....

Mods cannot see every thread, every time. There was a trainwreck a while back that got totally out of hand. Everyone kept saying "where are the mods?". When I notified them, they said I was the first and only one to let them know....this was after, like 14 pages of a trainwreck. :confused:

If you think the thread is getting off topic or rude, etc, push that little icon in the conrner of the post for "notify" (i think it's a triange with an exclimation point). Let them know. :)

Of course, as long as the thread is on topic and not really violating the rules, it's up to the mods to deem it inappropriate content.

Jumphigh83
Aug. 15, 2009, 07:16 PM
...interesting how you can diss some people here but not others. have no idea who this jill or salami are, but find it interesting that this thread has gone to 3 pages without moderator intervention. not that i think the moderators should intervene, it just seems their interventions are selective. :rolleyes:

...all animals are created equal...just some are more equal than others...what is the difference, one trainer or another, it is all hearsay and speculation until it becomes a matter of public record at which point, Game On! Other than that, it is gossip.

This person must be on the UNendangered species list since this is allowed to go on. Others are privileged to be on the endangered list and thus are off limits. I haven't been able to understand yet.

sequel
Aug. 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
What about all of the other BEAUTIFUL, state of the art facilities in Southern Wisconsin? Is the OP interested in hearing about those? If so, without the drama, I would be happy to explain onel

precious
Aug. 15, 2009, 09:04 PM
ivy, i wish i had an over your head emoticon. missed the point dahling!

englishivy
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:08 AM
no, i got it.

I just wanted to point out that if you think it's unfair the the thread is still going (regardless of your interest in the OP), do something about it.

How often do people say "mods must be sick of her too b/c the threads still going Ha Ha Ha" or "wow that thread got closed really fast, (s)he must be more important than others"?

I'd venture to say it's because someone notified the mods of the latter post MUCH QUICKER than the former. Perhaps that's because "certain trainers" have more clients/friends on the forum than others, so the mods are given more notice when those trainers have their reputation and/or personal life being addressed.

Moderator 1
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
Exactly right, englishivy. We don't see every thread or post, so it often requires an alert to help draw our attention to a problem. And we may not be right by the computer when we receive an alert, so it may take a little time for us to address an issue even after an alert is sent.

If someone has a question about the handling of a situation, they are welcome to send a PM so we're sure to see it vs. posting in the middle of a thread.

We've removed some posts/comments from the thread. General recommendations to avoid a trainer are fine; specific accusations re: criminal or seriously unethical behavior need to be sourced to a reputable news report, court ruling, etc.

Thanks,
Mod 1

DancingQueen
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:38 PM
I just clicked this thread for the first time.
After reading a few posts I googled Kristine Salamie.
I'm curious if anybody else red far enought to find the topix page where they talk about 22 year old Martin E. Gomez getting arrested?

I seriously hope none of my exes gets killed!:no:

sesroh
Aug. 19, 2009, 07:11 PM
There has been much speculation on here regarding Kristine Scott or Kristine Salamie or whatever she is calling herself these days.

This post is based on fact and not on rumors and gossip.

I would advise all of you to run as quickly as possible from this person. She is a professional con-artist.

On August 13, 2009 she turned herself into the Lake County Sheriff's office. There was a warrant out for her arrest for about a week or two before she turned herself in and they had been looking for her. She was handcuffed, arrested, charged, put in jail and went before a judge that same day. She was released on her own recognizance (signature bond) and if she does not take a plea I believe there is a court date set for mid-September. She was charged with deceptive practice and theft. (There is also the possibility of forgery charges being added when the signature samples come back from the handwriting expert.) She is basically facing three felony charges.

[edit]. She has two clients there that own horses (although I pray they are smart enough to get away from her) and a small number of lesson students. I also believe she works at [another facility]. Per my understanding, this is a theraputic riding facility for children and adults with disabilities. I am uncertain whether this is a paying job or a volunteer one, however I hope they, too, catch wind of this and take some action before her bad name becomes associated with theirs.

She has done irreparable damage to all those around her: friends, boyfriends, employers, clients and the in-laws of her late husband. Steer VERY clear of her for your own good.

Cyclone
Aug. 19, 2009, 10:19 PM
She currently has a horse (Qwest) at Double W Stable in Gurnee.

I visit Double W regularly and have not seen a horse in her area of the barn named Qwest. However, there are two horses named Tuscan Sun and New York. I believe they are both privately owned by her students but it is possible one may belong to her.

Does anyone have a link to an actual article from a reliable source? The Topix page that I have found seems to be more of a BB with people commenting on what they think has happened.

sesroh
Aug. 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
https://www.vinelink.com

Click on Illnois, then click on Illinois statewide, click on offenders, then enter the name Kristine Scott. You can get her offender ID, the date of her arrest and the fact that she was released on her own recognizance (signature bond). The charges don't appear on there but she is currently facing two felony counts with a possibilty of a third being added (forgery). Just wanted to substaniate my allegations for all of you.

FYI, these charges have nothing to do with the Topix pages which discuss the murder of her husband which you can find on the internet. I am not commenting on that issue. You can google her and make judgments on that for yourself.

DressageMare
Nov. 3, 2009, 04:17 PM
Has anyone heard anything new about this lately?

sesroh
Nov. 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
Here is the latest.

Case regarding theft and deceptive practice has not yet gone to trial. Status hearing set for beginning of December. DA is going to try to plead her out provided she pays restitution but I have heard a rumor that Kristine wants to go to trial on it to get cleared of all charges against her in lieu of accepting a plea and paying restitution. Don't think that is going to happen, but I guess time will tell.

Tuscan Sun, the horse of one of her clients, is no longer under her care and that client is no longer riding with her. The client that owns NY is still with her and that is mostly because those people bought that horse from Kristine and although they paid her and have a canceled check for their purchase they never got a bill of sale from her for the horse so they are worried that if they piss her off she is going to disappear with the horse. Kristine's horse Qwest is at that barn. Regarding the previous post where it was stated that someone is frequently at that barn and has never seen this horse, you need to look carefully. There is no name on the horse's stall nor is Kristine's name on the stall. The horse is there. She is a 17 hand bay TB with a white star.

DressageMare
Nov. 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
Qwest's name and Kristine's name are on the stall-They always have been! They're in the redone barn, so if you only go to the back barn, you may not see her back there.
What are the charges against her for? I know decpetive practice, but deceptive practice of what?

pday09
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
She crops up on the internet every couple of months in a new place, new farm, new horses, whatever. Just don't go there.

Cyclone
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:47 PM
:yes: That makes more sense. I don't talk to Kristine when I do see her there and with no name on the stall I wouldn't have known.

pmkn
Nov. 29, 2009, 01:36 PM
This individual is NOT a trainer. 2 of my friends worked for her when she had her barn in Peotone, IL. I saw her ride and work around the horses. She is an intermediate rider at best, and does not know what she is talking about. I witnessed her downing several beers before getting on the horse named Qwest, because as she put it, she needed "additional nerves" to ride the horse.
She lied to and hurt many people and actually did not pay a BIG name rider/trainer for a clinic that was put on at her facility a few years ago.
Everything everyone has posted on here in regards to her is 100% correct.

DressageMare
Nov. 29, 2009, 05:27 PM
I looked at the stall when I was there last week, too, and you were right-I think Qwest's name wasn't on the stall (it was either her name or the horse's name that was missing-the other was there). I was before they changed the cards, though, so I think it was just an oversight for now.
Doesn't sound like she's going to be there much longer the way things are going. I guess we'll see.

Event4Life
Nov. 30, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hang on a second, people at her barn see her downing beers before riding and still allow her to get on the horse?! What?! I knew someone who thought it would be funny while partying to "ride under the influence". She fell off and crushed her leg completely, ruining her career. She was unable to walk for a year, let alone ride. Leaving aside the damage she could potentially do to herself since she's the one making those choices anyway, what about the poor horse?!

indyflorida
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:41 PM
i was referred to a few of these trainers now im concerned

Lilykoi
Nov. 14, 2011, 11:34 PM
i was referred to a few of these trainers now im concerned

Still stand by my opinion of Jill. It is a beautiful facility and Jill runs a good barn. This other trainer, Kristin, don't know her or even where she trains.
But Hidden Knolls is very nice. It definitely is a barn to check out when you move up here.:)