PDA

View Full Version : ushja trainers symposium at scad

beagle728
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:36 AM
any one going?

XenophonKnows
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:40 AM
Want to go, but $ is holding me back. 12 hour drive from me, so travel/hotel costs are a problem. Would be interested in finding some people to share travel/hotel expenses with. I am in 08551 zipcode of NJ.

dani0303
Apr. 8, 2009, 10:08 AM
MeMeMe!! I live 45 mins from SCAD :D

TwoDreamRides
Apr. 8, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm going! Flying to ATL from NJ, driving with my trainer to Savannah, and then driving back to NJ on my own. [I need to bring our trailer up so I can get my horse home from college]. I need to book hotels and the flight though!

IslandGirl
Apr. 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'm going! I'm flying in to Savannah on Thursday morning, and I'm going to spend the afternoon sightseeing downtown. Can't wait!

beagle728
Apr. 8, 2009, 05:35 PM
MeMeMe!! I live 45 mins from SCAD :D

great i'm coming down from ma. with another trainer. i'm moving to beaufort in august! hubby works at PI .love to chat about the low country h/j scene

mroades
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:03 PM
I would love to show you around Beaufort. We have an ok hunter jumper scene...and Aiken and Camden are not too far away.
A warning though...this is horse hell with the bugs.

ok back to thread. Yes I will be there and my students will be riding in the demo clinics.

beagle728
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:34 PM
great --catch up with you at the clinic

dani0303
Apr. 8, 2009, 10:53 PM
great i'm coming down from ma. with another trainer. i'm moving to beaufort in august! hubby works at PI .love to chat about the low country h/j scene

I'm actually in the process of moving to NC from Hilton Head Island, but I've been around the lowcountry horse scene for the past 16 or so years. Let me know if you have any questions!

desert_rat
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:46 AM
If all goes well, I am going! Driving with husband and child 8 hours from VA. DH works out of town about 250 days of the year and he agreed to take some vacation time, babysit our son while I am at the clinic all three days and then we will take a day for ourselves. Said he thought least he could do!

wolfatbay2002
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:08 PM
I am so jealous!!:sadsmile: I want to be there so bad. But living in the upper plains is to far for me. Hopping to get a good recap and so one on another thread said the were going to suggest that maybe they could put it on the web next year. Keep your fingers crossed. Those that are getting to go, think of us that can not make it.

boosma47
Apr. 10, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wish it could be... please take great notes, you lucky ones! Maybe USJHA will need to take care of all of us who want the certification. Put in a word for us!

I emailed Melanie about this. Maybe if many of us do that, something will be done.

mroades
Apr. 10, 2009, 10:57 PM
I emailed Melanie twice about the scheduling issue...and have gotten NO RESPONSE

beagle728
Apr. 11, 2009, 08:44 AM
care to elaborate about schedule issues

boosma47
Apr. 11, 2009, 11:38 AM
I emailed Melanie twice about the scheduling issue...and have gotten NO RESPONSE

No response here, either.

Perhaps they simply haven't come up with a plan - or want the opportunity to be on the exclusive side. Taking listed professionals out of their classifieds unless certified kinda makes me think it is the latter.

Those going, please consider asking about the chances of more accessible symposia scheduled without major conflicts.

Ruby G. Weber
Apr. 11, 2009, 12:34 PM
Agree about the conflicts. The first weekend in May is full of horse shows.

I also agree about deleting non certified trainers from the USHJA Trainer's Directory. I suggested they simply put as asterisk next to the name of "certified" trainers and leave the rest of the Directory as is. Also no response.

mroades
Apr. 11, 2009, 09:34 PM
My thoughts are...this Trainers Symposium is supposed to be reaching out to the grass roots, right? That certainly seems to be what ushja is claiming.
The first weekend in May is the first local rated show since Feb in Aiken. Aiken is 2.5 hours from SCAD. So all of us that could go to the symposium without incurring huge travel expenses, have to choose between taking clients to aiken or doing the symposium.
eeeh, I know which one most of us are going to have to choose..

Brydelle Farm
Apr. 11, 2009, 09:51 PM
I'll be there. :)

boosma47
Apr. 11, 2009, 10:40 PM
I'll be there. :)

Yay! I can pick your brain, Brydelle!

Hope you enjoy every minute for us stay-at-homes. ;)

Brydelle Farm
Apr. 12, 2009, 12:01 AM
Yay! I can pick your brain, Brydelle!

Hope you enjoy every minute for us stay-at-homes. ;)

Sure thing!! :)

Brydelle Farm
Apr. 28, 2009, 09:20 AM
What are "we" wearing? It says to dress appropriately, some of it will be held outside?

Thanks in advance! :)

mroades
Apr. 28, 2009, 10:35 AM
I would hope the riding will be outside, as they do not have a covered or an indoor.....light colors and bring BUG spray!

Brydelle Farm
Apr. 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
I would hope the riding will be outside, as they do not have a covered or an indoor.....light colors and bring BUG spray!

Thanks!! Bug spray, check!