PDA

View Full Version : Custom Coolers

HWilliams
Apr. 7, 2009, 10:14 PM
Anyone know a good place to get Custom Coolers?
I have found a few, but they will all end up being over $300 which is way too much for me to spend on a cooler. Thanks!

Troispony
Apr. 7, 2009, 10:23 PM
I think most of these are under $200 http://www.horseworks.com/coolers?b=1

bhebert19
Apr. 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
I don't know what colors you are looking for but Dover has really nice wool coolers for under $100.00 (when they are in the sale catalog they are $50.00) and they are really nice, very similar to Triple Crown Wool Coolers with the hip ribbon and all if they have the colors you are looking for. Then we just take ours to a local embroidery place and get whatever we want on them. It makes more sense then you are not heart broken when something happens to it because its under $100.00 to replace. :D Good luck in your search!

http://www.doversaddlery.com/wool-horse-dress-sheet/p/X1-24040/cn/69/

hideyourheart03
Apr. 7, 2009, 10:30 PM
I would look at the Centaur ones too. Nice quality for around a $100. They have a pretty good range of colors too, depending on what you are looking for.

HWilliams
Apr. 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice! The problem with the Dover ones is that you can only have 3 letters. I am wanting to put 18 letters on it (going away gift for my trainer). Blue Ribbon is the only place that I have found to do that many. I have gotten things embroidered at a local shop, but they cannot seem to make the font large enough. I have gotten a cooler done there before.

bumknees
Apr. 8, 2009, 05:48 AM
Have you or do you have Amish in your area? Custom colors and lettering etc. Reasonable prices.

sopha
Apr. 8, 2009, 07:54 AM
The Clothes Horse is having a sale. I am a member of the facebook group and she sent a notice around-- there are some really great deals on wool coolers. (and other stuff) Call 856-829-8460, talk to Katrina. The web site does not reflect the sale (yet) so call!!!!

gg4918
Apr. 8, 2009, 08:39 AM
Integrity makes coolers for about $210 with all the letters on it. Check out the Bevals website.

Reggie
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:05 AM
I second The Clothes Horse!
Katrina does magnificent work and is well worth the money. She is having a "sale" right now and what a fabulous way to get top quality!!

The Clothes Horse stuff is beautiful!

mvp
Apr. 8, 2009, 09:08 AM
This is a great company. Good quality materials, pleasant, competent people, custom everything, reasonable prices, quick turn around time.

I haven't bought wool from them in a long time, but my old square cooler from them is as thick as any.

Check 'em out. Jack's Manufacturing.

Shortstroke
Apr. 8, 2009, 10:54 AM
The regular price on the the dover ones is around $80.00 and you can get as many letters as you want - you pay a per letter price after 3. I think 90 something cents. So the price for 15 letters would be less than a $15.00 surcharge.

HWilliams
Apr. 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
This is a great company. Good quality materials, pleasant, competent people, custom everything, reasonable prices, quick turn around time.

I haven't bought wool from them in a long time, but my old square cooler from them is as thick as any.

Check 'em out. Jack's Manufacturing.

They look awesome! Just can't figure out how much it is going to cost! :confused:

ponymom64
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:39 AM
I spoke with Katrina at the Clothes Horse yesterday and she says she has some beautiful wool coolers on sale for 35% off the regular price - this is a great way to get a quality product at a good price!

Renn/aissance
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:13 AM
Saratoga Horseworks is great, but my favorite wool dress sheet, by far, is made by Curvon (which manufactures the Baker products as well.) Lush wool, trim, piping, hip ornament, monogram for $170 through my local tack shop. I believe Zandora Designs online carries the Curvon products at very reasonable prices.

mvp
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:29 AM
OP-- I think you can call Jack's and order from them directly.

Otherwise, call Jack's Turf Goods in Vernon, NY. (No relation, I believe.) They can help you with pricing and ordering. Nice people. Jack's Turf Goods has a website with phone.

By the way, you may be able to do better with both price and lettering options if you take your cooler to a local embroidery place. I have been happiest with this option myself.

Portia
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:32 AM
Another vote for The Clothes Horse. Katrina is very nice to work with and the products are really well done.

kdriding
Apr. 9, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice! The problem with the Dover ones is that you can only have 3 letters. I am wanting to put 18 letters on it (going away gift for my trainer). Blue Ribbon is the only place that I have found to do that many. I have gotten things embroidered at a local shop, but they cannot seem to make the font large enough. I have gotten a cooler done there before.

You can have way more than the 3 letters put on them. I have one with Kiss Me I'm Irish going across one side. They just charge by the letter for anything over I think it is 5 letters. I have several of the Dover coolers and love them. They also just came out with the matching scrim sheets and cottons sheets in the most popular color combinations. My scrim will come with the same long name as above in that also.

Good luck in your search!:)

MIKES MCS
Apr. 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
Noticed your in Kansas and everyone is giving you locations in NY , LOL , Jacks is very popular with the race horse people on the upper east coast. PM me if you would like more info on thier custom coolers and I will give you a number to call , Jacks is not a retail store they are a vendor.