PDA

View Full Version : HDR Padded Fancy Stitch Bridle?

Kenike
Apr. 6, 2009, 11:46 PM
Anyone have one? Know of the quality? Would you buy? I'm in the search for a bridle for a large pony.....right now it's between this one and another that I already know is wonderful. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Rhody Ram
Apr. 7, 2009, 09:21 AM
Not the best quality, but decent. I would go with the one you know is wonderful.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 7, 2009, 09:25 AM
I have one and it has held up well. The leather is nice & supple, very little stretching. Color has stayed nice - I use it for everyday and showing. I will try to find a photo to post, but I would get another one. I think it looks nice on my girl.

Hunter Mom
Apr. 7, 2009, 09:30 AM
Here she is wearing it... (http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss56/dbeitz/?action=view&current=emmahead.jpg&newest=1)

LauraAU
Apr. 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
It's the cheaper HDR line and is not good quality. The other HDR line is called Pro I believe and is much nicer. The Pro Fancy padded bridle is quite nice for what it costs and holds up well.

SEFBH87
Apr. 13, 2009, 10:09 PM
If you like the color it originally is then get it. If not be well aware that it will not darken more than modestly. Decent for the price though.

Lori
Apr. 13, 2009, 10:25 PM
If you go HDR, get the Pro as stated before. The leather is supple and mine has mellowed into a nice shade. I love it for schooling.

Fastjofast
Apr. 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
I have the HDR padded fancy stitch bridle. It looks nice, but the leather just isn't great quality. Mine has lots of cracks through it and up close it looks like crap. I've oiled it quite a few times, and it never soaks in :(. Thumbs down.

atouchofclass
Apr. 16, 2009, 08:18 AM
Saw one yesterday. Not impressed at all...

amastrike
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:08 PM
I saw one HDR fancy stitched bridle in a tack store... it was horrific. It felt like plastic. Other HDR bridles might be nice, but I wouldn't risk it after seeing and feeling that one repulsive piece of crap bridle.

Pirateer
Apr. 16, 2009, 09:11 PM
I have not been impressed with the HDR products.

I would get a Bobbys, maybe?

Lou-Lou
Apr. 16, 2009, 11:03 PM
I am not fond of anything HDR

Kenike
Apr. 17, 2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks guys! Sorry I didn't respond...I forgot I started this thread! If anyone has been following, I ended up with the one I really loved (though it's being replaced due to the fact I ended up with a defective one...figures! :lol: )

I picked up the Red Barn (KL Select) Icon. MUCH nicer than the HDR! Just a funky color while I wait for the new one to be made.