PDA

View Full Version : Pirateer: Please respond re: GM and Psycho!

pines4equines
Apr. 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
In the thread about George Morris being on our radio show and then in the interview when he talked about his brief stint as an actor, he mentioned that he was friends with Anthony Perkins. In the thread, Pirateer mentioned that GM is in the old movie Psycho!!! Where!!?? Where in the movie is GM? Anyone have that movie in their collection?

vxf111
Apr. 4, 2009, 03:33 PM
According to IMDB, he doesn't have a credited role. Maybe he was an extra but I can't think of very many scenes in Psycho that had extras. Pirateer, where do you think you see him?

MMorgan
Apr. 4, 2009, 03:40 PM
Based on the information he shared in this morning's interview, it sounds like his acting was limited to theater. I think that most people (not necessarily George Morris), had they been connected to a movie such as the original Psycho (even as an extra) would mention it when asked about their acting experience. Don't you think? But then again, who knows.

Cool interview, BTW.

JanM
Apr. 4, 2009, 03:55 PM
My understanding is GM was the gas station attendent (I think it was at the beginning but I'm really not sure)--however, it's been so long since I had the guts to watch the movie I don't know if it was for Janet Leigh, or the people that came looking for her and ran into Anthony Perkins.

I think that years ago if you were a bit player, even with lines that you were only credited if the producers decided to do that; but under today's union rules anyone who appears in any part of the movie, (even if they get edited outm later) will be listed in the credits.

Sing Mia Song
Apr. 4, 2009, 03:57 PM
My understanding is GM was the gas station attendent

That's what I've heard as well.

Long Spot
Apr. 4, 2009, 07:18 PM
I seriously expected to open a barn burner of a topic, discussing GM and another trainer obviously not well liked...LMAO. :lol:

Apr. 4, 2009, 08:47 PM
I seriously expected to open a barn burner of a topic, discussing GM and another trainer obviously not well liked...LMAO. :lol:

Me too! But... I think this is even better!

Pirateer
Apr. 4, 2009, 11:43 PM
Gas station attendent.

(And even though I saw the title and understood, it still scared the pee out of me..."I hope GM doesn't think I think he's Psycho?"

BeastieSlave
Apr. 5, 2009, 07:35 AM
I thought there was a psycho caller after I had to tune out :lol:

pines4equines
Apr. 5, 2009, 09:55 AM
No, no! Should have been clearer...The movie Psycho!!!! So cool agout gas station attendant, I will have to get the movie!! Thanks Pirateer. Cool piece of trivia!

soloudinhere
Apr. 5, 2009, 12:21 PM
so he is the gas station attendant who appears, then goes back in to answer the phone and Mary drives off?

How truly amusing.

pines4equines
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:54 AM
Cool! Now supposedly Psycho is on right now...anyone seeing GM?