PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Jumper Trainer in NJ or PA

easystride
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know of a really good hunter jumper trainer in south Jersey or in PA in chester county, malvern area or delaware county? Also very nice which is important to me.

Paint Hunter/Jumper
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:40 PM
Alison Haase - Chester Springs, PA
www.alisonhaase.com

easystride
Apr. 3, 2009, 01:02 AM
Thank You!

Tullia07
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:19 PM
Locke Kelly - Pine Creek Stables in Chester Springs. 610-547-1468

She is best known for her ponies (#1/#2 in nation) but also does horses. She is amazing!

meupatdoes
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:45 PM
Not sure if this is 'south' enough for you, but Gary Kunsman and A.J. Garrity at Four Seasons Farm in Flemington, NJ are excellent.

Very nice, too. :)

JOBEAN
Apr. 3, 2009, 06:04 PM
How does AJ do with babies???

meupatdoes
Apr. 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
How does AJ do with babies???

There are a couple of babies at Four Seasons, both ones bred and owned by AJ and belonging to customers, and they are all doing great.

I have never seen Gary, AJ or any of the grooms get rough or impatient with a horse, EVER. There is a total absence of confrontation in horse handling there.

The horses are all well-mannered, happy, relaxed individuals.

IMO it would be a great place for a baby to grow up.

JOBEAN
Apr. 3, 2009, 06:16 PM
sorry didnt mean to take over this thread...one more question..hows the turnout? everyday all day??

meupatdoes
Apr. 3, 2009, 06:22 PM
sorry didnt mean to take over this thread...one more question..hows the turnout? everyday all day??

One of the babies I think is turned out 24/7 with a shed because she does not like being stalled. Still, AJ was hand-grazing her the other day (awww).

Generally in the summer the horses go out all night and are in during the day; in the winter they are out during the day as much as temperature/ice conditions allow.

They can go out in groups or individually.

Leaps_and_Bounds
Apr. 3, 2009, 08:11 PM
Banbury Cross - Denise O'Conner

By George!
Apr. 3, 2009, 08:28 PM
Louise Serio - Kennett Square, PA

JOBEAN
Apr. 3, 2009, 09:14 PM
One of the babies I think is turned out 24/7 with a shed because she does not like being stalled. Still, AJ was hand-grazing her the other day (awww).

Generally in the summer the horses go out all night and are in during the day; in the winter they are out during the day as much as temperature/ice conditions allow.

They can go out in groups or individually.

Thanks so much!! I'll have to call and go for a tour!

blton9th
Apr. 3, 2009, 10:23 PM
Try Desfor! Lovely new indoor, full service is offered, drama free boarding/training.;) They attend local shows and rated.

unclewiggly
Apr. 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
Melissa Michelson M&M Equestrian, Honey Brooke
Amazing Big Indoor awesome footing nice jumps.
Big clean barn, beautiful T/O and rubber footing outdoors, lots of hacking.
Close to turnpike and all Chester County shows.:)
Plus its nots a cliquie barn and everyone is nice!!

horserider12
Apr. 5, 2009, 12:45 PM
Devin ryan, river run farm long valley new jersey.................really good with babies and just very nice and knowledgable. Indoor, great turnout, loads of trail riding which is great for the babies.

2016 RoyalCrown KTug
Apr. 5, 2009, 08:46 PM
Doug King
Royal Crown Stables
Malvern, PA

610 639 8880
610 644 0162

Huge grass jumping field, grand prix size sand ring, jumping chute, round pen, individual turnout, phenominal care of horse and rider.

Great for young, problem and experienced horses. Many top shows but also goes local for the babies. Lots of fun!

:)

easystride
Apr. 5, 2009, 10:19 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions. Keep them coming!:yes:

IsolaBella09
Apr. 5, 2009, 11:15 PM
There have been a couple threads on trainers in NJ; try the search option. But I do recommend Gary and AJ. My barn schools at their indoor a lot, and their horses always look in great health and happy and the clients seem very happy. Love AJ's mare Good Reason too. ;)

pfdream2011
Feb. 26, 2011, 09:02 PM
I know this is extremely late, but go to four seasons with AJ! she's soooo good with horse's of all ages, and just an overall extremely nice person.:)

bettyrocks
Feb. 27, 2011, 07:33 AM
Desfor Farms in Chester Springs. They've had some bad press in the past due to drama-rich people but they're gone now and the place looks and runs great. Turn-out is anything to a few hours or all day or all night depending on the season and your horse. Very tuned into individual needs. Has been under new management the past year I think and it's really turned around and everyone there is super nice. No yelling, no pressure. Horses look great. Check it out for yourself before casting judgement and that goes for other barns too! Good luck!

Callaway
Feb. 27, 2011, 10:01 AM
I second Louise Serio. She is really good.

advantagepa
Feb. 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
The Chester County Boarding theads have been beat to death on here. If you really want to know about one, do a search and read everything that comes up. CC is a small horse community, gossip is king (just to warm you). Good luck!

To the MAX
Feb. 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
This thread is almost two years old, I'm sure she's found a trainer by now. :lol:

Gnrock25
Feb. 28, 2011, 09:00 PM
i second (third??) louise, alison and doug. i believe louise is more hunters (could be wrong), alison is jumpers, and doug does eventing, probably jumpers as well. ive heard amazing things about louise and doug, and alison is one of my trainers best friends!