PDA

View Full Version : fit of tailored sportsman & RJ classic show shirts?

bayknight
Apr. 2, 2009, 09:41 PM
How do both of these brands fit as far as their show shirts go? Are they pretty true to size or cut smaller?

thanks!

lauraware
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:14 PM
I don't know about the RJ shirts (though I love their coats!), but I'd say the TS shirts are true to size (through the shoulders), but a little slimmer through the body. I have relatively wide shoulders but a small-ish waist, and they fit me well.

cobiemurphy
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
And while we're kinda on the subject.. could someone help me with the sizing conversion? We have totally different sizing/labelling where I'm from, and while I've figured out that I'm about a 10/Medium in regular US clothing sizes, I've got no idea about the different way of sizing that these shirts are labelled as!

What would be the equivalent to a 10/ medium in the RJ Classic shirts?

superpony123
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:32 PM
i hate the fit of RJ shirts. ive had one, and the buttons liked to pop open around my chest :mad: (whats funny is the shirt was LOOSE on me. and im not the biggest in that area, either..) not fun!

i really like TS better.

Chancensassy
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:54 PM
I love the RJ Shirts, I am a larger busted gal, and I like the fact that I can have one that fits my bust and isn't so big that I have bunches of shirt around my waist. I would bet the 10 is a 34 in RJ - they are dress sized fits, their coats - if you wear a 10 dress, you are probably a 10 in their coat, makes it simple.

Pirateer
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:17 PM
I find the RJ that fit my chest/neck/arms fit best through the body, whereas the same size Essex I needed was bunchy all over. TS don't fit me in any way, shape, or form. Arms too short, neck to small, ick. Beautiful fabrics though :)

bayknight
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:22 PM
so is Essex cut bigger?

Pirateer
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:55 PM
so is Essex cut bigger?

I would say they are.

My RJ is cut to fit a bigger chested but still smaller person. The essex in the same size feels more of a "plus size". If that makes sense.

Brown Horse
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:24 AM
Well, the TS are cut great. I only have one, but it fits me perfectly. The Essex I have is SO tight around my neck. And I don't have a fat neck or anything...lol. Once it's on it doesn't feel that bad, it's just really annoying to get on (I have to get someone else to button it for me and there's not always someone around). I've never tried an RJ Classics.

vxf111
Apr. 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
I find that the RJs run narrow through the body except in the bust. The Essex and TS seem to be larger and boxier overall. The shirts that fit me the best are Ariats and Mikus.

chawley
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:00 PM
I don't know about the RJ shirts (though I love their coats!), but I'd say the TS shirts are true to size (through the shoulders), but a little slimmer through the body. I have relatively wide shoulders but a small-ish waist, and they fit me well.

Ditto!

RugBug
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:15 PM
Well, the TS are cut great. I only have one, but it fits me perfectly. The Essex I have is SO tight around my neck. And I don't have a fat neck or anything...lol. Once it's on it doesn't feel that bad, it's just really annoying to get on (I have to get someone else to button it for me and there's not always someone around). I've never tried an RJ Classics.

I agree. I have 3 TS shirts and LOVE them. They fit perfectly (well, except for the extra length being a bit too tight over my hips...but that's what it is with just about any top I buy, riding or not.) Nice through the shoulders and chest...arms are long enough that cuff will actually show. Definitely my favorite.

I have one Essex and the neck is so tight I don't like wearing it. The cuffs are also really tight and the arms are a bit short. I've found most people buy a size larger in the Essex than they normally wear.

I don't have an RJ shirt.

LookinSouth
Apr. 3, 2009, 05:11 PM
. I would bet the 10 is a 34 in RJ - they are dress sized fits, their coats - if you wear a 10 dress, you are probably a 10 in their coat, makes it simple.

I have Ariat and RJ shirts. They both seem to fit nicely and about the same imo. No complaints.

As far as sizing I dont' think the 34 RJ shirts would be equivalent to a size 10 in their coats. I wear a 34 in both RJ and Ariat shirts and my RJ coats are size 4.

Pirateer
Apr. 3, 2009, 05:24 PM
As far as sizing I dont' think the 34 RJ shirts would be equivalent to a size 10 in their coats. I wear a 34 in both RJ and Ariat shirts and my RJ coats are size 4.

Yepp, RJ uses street sizing on their coats, just like TS does. I wear a 12 GP, but a 4-6 RJ/TS, 38 shirt.

iridehorses
Apr. 4, 2009, 09:58 PM
i cannot stand rjs, but tailoreds shirts are awesome. the buttons come undone on my rjs & i have no boobs, so they shouldnt be popping off!!!
go with the ts, not the rjs please (yes, im a poet)