PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else do "riding things" when they're not riding?

OneMoreTime
Apr. 2, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi!

I was driving my daughter to school today & I realized that I was using leg to get my car to "bend" on the turns! When I thought about it more, I discovered that I do a lot more - I squeeze with my thighs to help the car get up the hill (as in generate more power/impulsion), try to "use the whole ring" & get deep into the corners on my turns [I ride hunters!], and I even ran a red light once when I was looking "through" the intersection (as in looking over & past a jump).

I have an OTTB, so I've even come to expect my car to occasionally "spook" at inanimate objects along the roadside!

I may be the only one who does these specific things, but I suspect that there are others. Anybody want to share?:)

dghunter
Apr. 2, 2009, 05:42 PM
I try to count "strides" so I don't step on cracks, I act like they're poles on the ground. I also do the inevitable clucking to the car, the cat, the BF :lol:

Highflyer
Apr. 2, 2009, 05:44 PM
I sometimes think "flying change!" when I make turn while driving.

Parker_Rider
Apr. 2, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hi!

I was driving my daughter to school today & I realized that I was using leg to get my car to "bend" on the turns! When I thought about it more, I discovered that I do a lot more - I squeeze with my thighs to help the car get up the hill (as in generate more power/impulsion), try to "use the whole ring" & get deep into the corners on my turns [I ride hunters!], and I even ran a red light once when I was looking "through" the intersection (as in looking over & past a jump).

I have an OTTB, so I've even come to expect my car to occasionally "spook" at inanimate objects along the roadside!

I may be the only one who does these specific things, but I suspect that there are others. Anybody want to share?:)

I do this all the time!! When I got my learner's permit, I didn't understand how the car could stay out in the turn without having my leg to control the movement, hahaha. I also learned the art of "subtlety" from one trainer in only using my ring finger to get a small result from the horse... I now do this with my steering wheel. I also "count strides" between cracks in the sidewalks and "see my distances" to those cracks/steps/dips. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Jazzy Lady
Apr. 2, 2009, 05:59 PM
I cluck at everything!

Aubreyyy
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:03 PM
I adjust my seatbones so that I'm not "leaning in" to turns when I'm riding in a cab.

mvp
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:08 PM
I like to "catch ride" other people's stick-shift cars, usually putting in smoother transitions than they do and downshifting to slow, riding the brakes which would amount to "hauling on the reins" in a car that can be ridden/driven much more tactfully.

In sixth grade, my accomplishment for the year was learning to change leads over a fence from left to right... jumping on my own legs. I'm right handed, and right-legged, so it was a bitch. Decades later, I can still jump from either lead and switch in the air as needed.

SarahandSam
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:08 PM
I fold at the hip and slide my hands up the wheel over speed bumps and lean forward up hills.

joiedevie99
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:15 PM
I also lean forward up hills when driving, cluck at humans, and tell them to 'whoa.' I see distances while driving the car too- usually between cracks in the road.

Mimi La Rue
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:20 PM
I try to count "strides" so I don't step on cracks, I act like they're poles on the ground. I also do the inevitable clucking to the car, the cat, the BF :lol:

I do this all the time too and sometimes it drives me nuts!

I also tell my pugs and cat to "whoa."

Artie
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:28 PM
I tell my dogs to whoa all the time, and I cluck at my car when it doesn't want to accelerate, im glad im not that only crazy person that treats other things like horses!

meupatdoes
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:30 PM
When I get on a bike for the first time in a while, I completely can't turn.

I go really, really slow in an attempt to keep the bike upright throughout.

PoochPaddock
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
I was just thinking about this today as I walked down the street holding my handbag handle between my pinky and my ring finger. I cannot hold the handles of my purses gripping with all four fingers and thumb. I always stick the straps between those two like reins. MUCH more comfortable for me.

zahena
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
I try to time my "stride" to avoid cracks too. Finally! Confirmatino that I'm not insane! Either that or I just found a load of lunnies just like me!

I also cluck at the dog. Of course, she doesn't need much encouragment, much like my horse. So instead we work half halts and not dragging mommy off her feet. Or yanking arms from sockets.

And being a belly dancer sometiems I yell YALLA YALLA to my horse (which means faster faster!)

LetsChat
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:39 PM

The funniest thing is that the dog and the boyfriend MOVE when I cluck so they get it.... I definitely cluck at things, I count strides between cracks too... :lol::lol:

meupatdoes
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
I was just thinking about this today as I walked down the street holding my handbag handle between my pinky and my ring finger. I cannot hold the handles of my purses gripping with all four fingers and thumb. I always stick the straps between those two like reins. MUCH more comfortable for me.

Oh, yeah, come to think of it when I walk the dog, that is how the loop of the leash gets held.

Ha.

JOBEAN
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:44 PM
I count strides between cracks and count between telephone polls when i ride in someones car.... I thought I was the only crazy one!!!:D

harveyhorses
Apr. 2, 2009, 06:49 PM
My dogs 'load up', and my car is very good at leg yeilds. We have a sidwalk at work, with a driving lane between it and another sidwalk, I have spent months trying to get my srides right, usually rushing in the morning, slower leaving at night. Seems I am in good company. :D
I've lurked for a while, but recently got up the neverve to post.

Beau Cheval
Apr. 2, 2009, 07:00 PM
All the time! I "count strides" between lamp posts, Do the motion of half seat while driving motor boats, lace the main sheet (on a sail boat) through my fingers like reins, "canter "and jump random things that are in my way. All sorts of stuff. I'm pretty much a horse.

MLP
Apr. 2, 2009, 07:18 PM
I say whoa and cluck at the dogs depending on the response I want... :lol:

IsolaBella09
Apr. 2, 2009, 07:43 PM
I count strides, whoa, cluck, "give" and "take" on the steering wheel, and use leg pressure to make my car turn. The car has seen better days...:eek::lol:

SteeleRdr
Apr. 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hah, my sister was making fun of me the other day for clucking at cars to get out of the way and to go faster. I was driving out to Middleburg a few weeks ago, and there wasn't much traffic, but the few cars on the road were going well under the speed limit. My sister cracked up when I started clucking and kissing at them.

Later that day while driving the "lovely" truck with the trailer, I was praying we'd get up a hill and was leaning forward up the hill, then gave the truck a pat when it made it (if you saw this truck, you'd know exactly why I have to do this...I'm ashamed to drive it...which, btw, it's not mine).

Indy
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
I step over cracks on the ground and separations in flooring like they're ground poles & count my strides. I know that it takes me 5 steps to get between each section of flooring between my office and the printer. And it's two long steps or three short steps between the sidewalk cracks between the building I work in and the building my boss works in.

I try to guess how many steps it's going to take me to get to the curb when I'm walking.

I find myself leaning forwards over speed-bumps, like the car is jumping.

I tend to carry grocery bags and things in my hands like reins - in between my ring and pinky fingers.

reinerspook
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:46 PM
I "whoa" shopping carts quite frequently. If only they were as well trained as my horse!

CenterStage123
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:48 PM
Yes.. I know exactly what you mean! The sidewalk from my bus stop to my house just isn't strided correctly. It drives me nut!:lol: I also hold things like reins, and cluck and whoa at my dog. I also hold my body positon while I'm sitting at my school desk like i"m riding. Ya know.. the arched back with heels down. I just realized I was doing it when one of my friends asked why I was sitting like that:lol:

carrie_girl
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:51 PM
My husband gets so annoyed when I cluck at him! I should make him read this so he can understand that I'm not alone in this compulsion and I really can't help it! Most of the time I don't even know i am doing it until I see him giving me the death glare. Yesterday my daughter was crying and I realized that as I was hugging her I kept repeating "easy" over and over.

Horseymama
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:59 PM
I only walk the dogs from their left side and always walk on people's left sides, too, it just feels weird and uncomfortable to walk on the right side of anyone!

Jumper6252
Apr. 2, 2009, 09:45 PM
I count strides between telephone poles in the car and when walking or running I count strides between the cracks in the sidewalk

Valeureux
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:30 PM
I jump stuff all the time and try to use proper leg position and leg yields in my car :)

Sacred_Petra
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:33 PM
Yay, I'm not crazy! I had a really dignified moment a few weeks ago where I clucked at my car, then frowned and glare at my speedometer when my car didn't go faster. It took me a few moments to realize that no, my car wasn't my horse, and therefore not trained to move forward when clucked at. I also count strides against the cracks in the sidewalk (there's a bridge near my house that's has bumps in the road at the perfect distance and timing for bounce jumps when you're driving about 60mph). I have also been known to half-halt my dogs (its scarier when it works...). Glad to know I'm part of a large and distinguished fellowship of people who have a hard time turning off their "barn brains."

Portia
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm a stride counter. And on walks where I know how many strides it should be between sections, I try to make sure I make the strides every time. I feel like I've failed if I have to adjust my stride to make the distance. ;)

superpony123
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:41 PM
- i am so scared that i'm going to use leg aids when im driving!! im sure i will

- i "gallop" down stairs, apparently.

- i cluck at everything. my non horse friends are like, what?

- instead of icy hot or tiger balm or whatever, i use absorbine liniment on myself :)

actually i do a lot more than this, but im too tired to think of more

Linny
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:44 PM
:uhoh: I cluck at my son.:lol:

I hold purses, leashes and other "strappy things" like reins. I count strides while driving and canter from time to time, without a horse.

webmistress32
Apr. 2, 2009, 11:27 PM
I practice my right lead canter when I go from the train in the city to my office building.

I do change leads when I turn left, though. :)

also I work on my footfall sequences (trot and canter) when I go to lunch down the street.

sarcam02
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:02 AM
I cluck and growl "git up" at my kids :winkgrin::winkgrin: all the time and set up courses for them to jump until they are wiped out or tell them to go lunge themselves (is that wrong?)

damecheval
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:15 AM
I count my strides and I see my distances, everywhere. In fact, when I'm at the grocery store and my mom makes me wheel the shopping cart, I make it go as deep into the corners as possible, or I cut the corners as close as possible (depending on my mood :lol:), and I always frustrated because the cart is so stiff and it doesn't bend! And of course, there's always the 'I'm watching somebody else jump a course, so I must "ride my seat" to insure that they ride correctly as well' reflex. I also try to get the distances between the telephone poles, and constantly get angry when the driver doesn't get the distances right. The dog responds to horsie ques, too (he's been around horses all of his life).

mypaintwattie
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
Oh good, I'm normal! I cluck and whoa at the dogs, and have taught them voice commands for walk, trot, and canter. They even lunge on a long leash. I hold anything with a strap like reins. I look for distances while walking. The worst is when I am watching someone else ride (even on TV)- if I'm not careful I find myself leaning forward over jumps, clucking and using my legs!

Brown Horse
Apr. 3, 2009, 01:34 AM
I cluck, think "inside" when passing cars on the road, and when I'm walking behind my car, I put my hand on it...as if I were walking behind a horse. I'm sure I do a lot of other horseisms as well...

Peggy
Apr. 3, 2009, 01:45 AM
My cat responds to a cluck. Neither cars nor shopping carts do. They're also not good at that dressage brrrp noise, tho the cat does respond to that sometimes. I occasionally cluck at slow-moving students on campus and then wonder if I'm going to get hauled in by the Title whatever officer for disrespecting students and treating them like livestock. During tonite's lecture I said amateur when I should have said enantiomer.

Whimsically Smart
Apr. 3, 2009, 02:34 AM
Acting like I'm on a horse when I'm not has to be my worst habit!
Lets see... I...

-count strides and see distances between curbs, cracks, lamp posts, etc

-lean forward when going up a hill in my car and sit up and back when halting my car :lol:

-carry anything between my ring finger and pinky and hold my dog's leash like reins too

-half-halt my dog when she's not healing (almost said not on the bit :S )

-used to ride my bike as if it were a horse, complete with posting and two point.. with release... over speed bumps

... and I'm sure there are many others... mostly I just count strides, guess how many strides are before a curb, crack, etc and I swear it has helped me see distances while riding!!

Talk of the Town
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:46 AM
Yes....I thought I was the only one haha. I count the 'strides' between the mile markers/reflectors on the side of the road and then think 'jump'. It's like one giant gymnastics exercise because usually I get about 2 or 3 strides in. lol.

SarahandSam
Apr. 3, 2009, 07:47 AM
I occasionally cluck at slow-moving students on campus and then wonder if I'm going to get hauled in by the Title whatever officer for disrespecting students and treating them like livestock.

When my high school students are standing outside the classroom during passing time, I click at them and shoo them with my hands and energy to get back into the classroom. Oddly, it works--you walk toward a horse and tell him to move with your body language and he moves, and so do teenagers!

Fireangel
Apr. 3, 2009, 09:06 AM
I always count strides to doors so I end up at them at the right "spot". I am always adjusting my stride to make it too. People at work laugh at me becasue I told them what I do and they just don't understand because none of them even know anything about horses! I am glad I am not the only one that does this also!

crickett14502
Apr. 3, 2009, 09:13 AM
I do the same. I hop on a curb (I should preface this by saying my balance on the ground SUCKS but on a horse it's usually decent) and as I'm trying to keep my balance walking along a 4" curb I "drop my weight" into my heels and try to lower my center of gravity. I also do half passes in the hall at work walking to the bathroom (bend my upper body slightly, drop my weight into my "outside" hip and open up the inside thigh a bit). I count strides to EVERYTHING. I cluck to the dog, cat, parrots (in fact one clucks back now). I envision a cross country course when taking off in a airplane (the takeoff is the first jump). I do the same thing in the car, lean forward going up a hill and using my energy in that direction, and lean back slightly and push my heels down when I'm going down a hill.

I'm SO glad to know it's not just me! LOL!! :lol::lol:

Aliascml
Apr. 3, 2009, 12:46 PM
I count strides between sidewalk racks and different tile patterns on the floor at school and between different items when I am driving. I make sure that I do not lean to the inside when I am driving too. When I am four-wheeling or driving over hills and bumps, I tend to lean forward to give a release. :) Also, some of my friends and I "jump" at home (over lawn chairs, patio chairs, hay bales, boards and other outside items that are intresting). Non-horsey people must think this is crazy, but I think it is fun and good practice. :)

Jealoushe
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:12 PM
I cluck at my dog too...only he's deaf lol

danosaur
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:20 PM

I do this too!!!!

I also find a distance when I'm approaching a set of stairs.
and I cluck at everything.

Giddy-up
Apr. 3, 2009, 04:58 PM
I have (accidentally) done it on my pedal bike. People that have seen me ride it at shows will tell you it's not trained yet (I've had near dumpings). Some days I need to send it back to the lunging ring. :lol:

JrHunterRider
Apr. 3, 2009, 08:50 PM
I cluck at everything as well. People, animals, horses, stopped cars, slow drivers, you name it. I always count strides if I'm walking down a sidewalk and I gauge it so that I hit the crack at the "perfect" distance.

And I'm also guilty of holding my purse straps as if they were reins. It's just one of those things...:)

Kenike
Apr. 3, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm so glad others count strides! Except, I do it in the danged car. Any shadow, painted line, mark in the road works for the pole or "fence." :lol:

I cluck to everything, including my son (and dog, and cat, and husband, and other cars....), I use leg & seat around corners, I even judge how other people move!!

Man, are we a bunch of goofballs, or what?

ETA: I also hold any kind of strap between pinky & ring fingers like reins....if it's two straps, it's held like double reins!

Seven-up
Apr. 3, 2009, 10:11 PM
I tell my car "Whoa!" all the time. It doesn't help because my car is deaf.

CraziiPonii
Apr. 3, 2009, 10:44 PM
I count strides between cracks and count between telephone polls when i ride in someones car.... I thought I was the only crazy one!!!:D

Yup I do that too. One time I told one of my friends to "whoa"- her WTF?!? response was priceless:D

indygirl2560
Apr. 4, 2009, 01:21 PM
Counting strides" to stop lights! And random other horsey things I don't even notice until my friends or parents point them out to me!

horsegirl888
Apr. 4, 2009, 05:57 PM
-I also count strides between fence posts, sidewalk cracks, etc.
-Same with handbags/purses- I always have the strap in between my ring and pinky fingers
-I lean forward when going up hills while I'm driving, shift my weight around corners, etc
-It is quite hard for me to slouch- even when I'm sitting in my desk at school, my shoulders are always back, which I accredit to my trainer's frequent "shoulders back!" corrections
-I, too, jump everything in my path and have perfected my tempi changes.

Good to know I am not the only one! :)

Credosporthorses
Apr. 5, 2009, 01:34 AM
Guilty!
I cluck at my dogs my parents(mom was in the way yesterday and I clucked at her to get her to move, need less to say I got a pretty weird look from her) it annoys me if you are walking toward someone and they move to pass you on the right. Come on its schooling ring edict everyone should know that right :)

NYY345
Apr. 5, 2009, 02:12 AM
well now I feel strange because I do none of these things. haha, and I live on a farm.

La Gringa
Apr. 5, 2009, 07:49 PM
I get a long quiver in my lip when I think about carrots. :winkgrin:

justmagic
Apr. 5, 2009, 10:10 PM
The other day I said the dog was impacted. The boyfriend looked at me like I had lost my mind.

spmoonie
Apr. 5, 2009, 10:44 PM
:DI ride my stick horse! I jump perfect courses with lead changes and counter cantering, even some trot jumps. In fact Ive already mastered 4th level dressage and done some cross country. However, Ive decided I would be a superb equitation horse. I have a very adjustable stride! My parents laugh at me (Im 14) but I love to do it and its great exercise!
I also count strides to things and get highly frustrated when I get the striding wrong.
I find myself leaning forward while watching other people jump and put my heels down while sitting in my desk at school!

AppendixQHLover
Apr. 5, 2009, 11:01 PM
I cluck at my dog, hubby, and co-workers. Hubby gives me a dirty look when I cluck at him.

I count strides with the sidewalk cracks, telephone poles, and whatever else.

I move my arms like I am cantering while I am walking at work.

diddlez66
Apr. 5, 2009, 11:04 PM
Everything in my mind is some sort of jump.

When I am not driving the car, I look out the window for interesting things on the side of the road that I can "jump" in my mind. it sort of helps whenever I am in a lesson and I say, "hey this reminds me of that jump on the side of the road on the way to school." paha.

I also enjoy making my labrador retriever jump over my homemade jumps. Our yardstick fits perfectly in our hallway (one end of the stick touches one wall and the other end touches the opposite wall) and I use multiples to set up a nice line of jumps for her. I also do crosspoles and bounces. :yes:
Eventually my mother reminds me that the dog is not a horse.

Dramapony_misty
Apr. 6, 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm known for telling my fiance "good boy" or "atta boy" when he does something good. :lol:

But seriously, I think trying to use my legs to steer my truck actually saved me from an accident one time. I was driving home from college for Christmas break and a bad blizzard came that same day. I was driving back roads and my truck started fishtailing pretty bad. I had never experienced this in my years of driving but later my mind drifted back to driver's ed classes where they say that major accidents can happen because the driver over-compensates. Well, to me, if felt like my "horse" rear end was getting jiggy so I firmed up my right leg when my truck's rear end swung right, and my left leg when it swung left. I was concentrating so much on correcting with my legs, that I didn't panic and over-correct with the wheel!

Yay for horsey habits saving the day :D

angie08
Apr. 6, 2009, 12:37 AM
I didn't realize all of the things that I do from riding. I knew that is tried to get my car straight on an S curve to get ready for the lead change. My dog comes and gets out of the way when I cluck at him. He lunges, poorly, but he lunges. In high school I ran hurdles so I could jump more.

What I didn't know was that the reason I can no longer ride a bike is from riding horses. I took too many years off and can not make my self lean into the turns. I have said many times, don't lean. Never lean. Think of all the times that has gotten you/me into trouble... At jumps, in turns, public restrooms (all the water that pools on the counter by the sink).

I'll keep reading to learn what other habits I have from riding. Thanks guys!

hauntedoblivion
Apr. 6, 2009, 06:35 AM
I taught my dog to come to me when I kiss at him. Unfortunately, I also use that noise to encourage my horse to canter. Now, whenever I bring my dog to the barn he tends to start chasing us when I kiss at the horse. :lol: That wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done..

I also frequently have to supress the urge to cluck at babies and small children. I usually don't want to cluck at older people; I'm not sure why.

I used to poke my ex-bf in the side to get him to move out of the way.

SarahandSam
Apr. 6, 2009, 07:57 AM
In high school I ran hurdles so I could jump more.

Hah, me too! And I'm short, so I was really, really bad at them...

Aliascml
Apr. 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
I have also taught my cat to jump and he seems to like it. He LOVES treats, so it was easy to teach him, but now he only gets a treat at the end of his jumping. :)

Here is a video of him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpwXzEho8c

twofatponies
Apr. 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
These are too funny! I have caught myself half-halting the steering wheel of the car...and for sure clucking at slow people dawdling through store aisles...

I once spooked while driving home from the barn, when a person walking on the verge suddenly came into view. I literally swerved a few feet, just out of startle-ment, not because I would have hit them.

I would like to apply horse training techniques to the most irritating nieces and nephews, but I think that would get me in trouble. :D

MistyPony
Apr. 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
To get on a bicycle I have to walk around to the left side to "mount". My finance thought this was hysterical and made me try to get on the bike from the right side and I absolutely could not figure out how to do it!

Lori
Apr. 6, 2009, 03:13 PM
I am not crazy after all!!!

I count strides in between cracks and lenghten or shorten them to fit
My dogs all learn whoa and how to load into the truck

I ride a 4-wheeler like a horse do the bending thing in the car and imagine the different transitions in gear as different gaits

I have been known to spook

On those cold, windy days I can feel like running an bucking, and actually did as a young kid

I hold my dog leashes between my fingers like reins

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Objects are some sort of jump or ditches part of a course in my head

OK, maybe I am a bit nutso....

syntheeya
Apr. 6, 2009, 05:24 PM
Yup, have done the jumping stuff-while-in-the-car since I was a kid! :lol: My riding friends and I would get yelled at in gym class when we tried to "canter" the mile.

Nowadays, I walk my dogs like I'm riding in a double bridle... works when I walk 4 at a time, with 5 I'm screwed. ;) I set up courses and jumps for them in the backyard... my husband thinks I'm crazy... BUT he's building me a rolltop as we speak so maybe I'm converting him!

OneMoreTime
Apr. 6, 2009, 06:14 PM
To get on a bicycle I have to walk around to the left side to "mount". My finance thought this was hysterical and made me try to get on the bike from the right side and I absolutely could not figure out how to do it!

LOL! I just realized that I do this too. I think I always have, ever since I was a wee little pony rider (MANY years ago;) ).

nuts4cowboybutts
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
Ha! It is good to know that when I cluck to the cars, my hubby and shopping carts, I'm not all that crazy.

The other day at the store, I put my purse on the counter while getting ready to pay. My purse started to fall off the counter and I yelled, "WHOA!" very loudly. The clerk and another lady began to laugh uproariously.

I half-halt the steering wheel and judge strides while driving.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Apr. 7, 2009, 01:51 AM
When I lived with my ex, I walked his puppy more than he did. I'd say woah when I saw stopping.

My ex told me a few months ago that she stops dead in her tracks with the word woah still. :yes:

She's better trained that I thought.

lila
Apr. 7, 2009, 04:29 AM
I half-halt the dog when walking her (she rushes around madly from tree to tree), go into light seat over speed bumps, and treat my fiance like a horse in shopping centres. I would tell him to "stand" and put my hand against his chest if I want to stop and look at something, I would tell him to "move" and push him with my shoulder to "unbalance" him if he's in my way and would half-halt him while holding his hand if we walk past a shop window and I want to slow down for a look...

Fortunately he's a horsey person too so he doesn't take offence. :)

Anawazor
Apr. 7, 2009, 05:04 AM
Ha! I love it!!

I've been told I ball up my fists and dig them into my BF's back while sleeping and he reports I spend hours flexing and releasing my hands while in fists. I'm assuming I'm asking dreamhorse to come into frame and get on the bit. From what BF describes, dreamhorse is also a jumper, as I've caught BF in the back of the head with (I assume) a crest release or two.

These behaviours have been reported since I was a child and my mother would catch me sleeping in perfect riding form, clucking away at dreamhorse.

I also gently tap coworkers on the side and mumble "over" without thinking.
I have one as well trained as the horse, he never hesitates, and I don't think he even has noticed! The others complain :rolleyes: