PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had elastic laces put in field boots?

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:40 PM
Or is it even possible?

I recently got a new pair of boots that I love, but they have laces at the ankle - that's my only complaint. Fit great, feel great, but I love the tapered look that elastic laces give. Has anyone ever had elastic laces added?

scheibyee
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:44 PM
yup and i loved it!! they looked great and i have a thing about refusing to tie my laces and that was definitely the way to go for me.

JumpWithPanache
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:17 AM
My Ariats came with the elastic laces already in the boot. I was planning to change them back to regular laces but ended up loving the feel and convenience of the elastics. Go for it!

BeastieSlave
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:20 AM
My daughters' Beval Puissance boots have elastic laces. I think they're really cool. I don't think the girls even think about them - and I guess that's how it should be :)

forward ride
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:45 PM
i'm interested in this too...

scheibyee, where did you take your boots to have it done? just the regular shoe/cobbler guy?

BeastieSlave
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
I called Beval's because one of the kids needs new elastic laces. I was expecting to have to send them in. They told me that it was something I could do myself and that I could just order the elastic laces.

ImJumpin
Apr. 1, 2009, 03:07 PM
Yep-- something you can just do yourself once you get them.

neutral milk hotel
Apr. 1, 2009, 03:10 PM
I love these - I had them on my Beval Puissance boots and with I had them on my curent pair. You never have to worry about tying those laces!

BAC
Apr. 1, 2009, 04:42 PM
I love the look and convenience of elastic laces but unfortunately, my very high instep requires that I really open up that area of the boot and loosen the laces in order to actually get my foot into the boot. :(

Romany
Apr. 1, 2009, 05:20 PM
Search Ebay for them - that's where I bought mine. The seller was really helpful, and I just got them plenty long enough, and threaded them myself - doesn't take too much skill to accomplish a tidy job. ;)

They're altogether way better than regular laces.

Tha Ridge
Apr. 1, 2009, 05:59 PM
What exactly should I search for on eBay? I'm only finding the curly-Q elastic laces that you put in kid's (and I guess some adults, LOL) shoes.

bayknight
Apr. 1, 2009, 07:49 PM
I to have Ariat boots with the elastic already in them, they are very convenient!

I know Ariat sells replacement elastics maybe you can purchase some from your local tack store?

The Big Bay Mare
Apr. 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
My Tredstones came with elastic laces. I love them! My only complaint is that they always came untied, so I double knotted them and cut off the excess. Now there isn't the tidy bow anymore, but who ever sees that?

scheibyee
Apr. 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
sorry for the delayed response - i just bought elastic laces at my local tack store, ripped my regular laces out and knotted the one end and strung them through :) very easy!