PDA

View Full Version : Goo of choice?

Small Change
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:35 PM
My little horse and I are going to try moving up a division, and I'd like some stick'em for my legs as a security blanket (the more details I look after ahead of time, the less I have to needlessly work myself into a state about). Any preferences as to which are better than others?

Thanks!

ImJumpin
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:34 PM
No stirrup work :)

dghunter
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:37 PM
No stirrup work :)

:yes: lots of it. I've been doing more of it lately and it really does make me feel more secure (whether that's true or not remains to be seen :lol:)

flogarty
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:41 PM
Sport Haft.

Comes in an orange can. Its my favorite sticking product, but I only use it if I think I REALLY need it because of how sticky it is.

IsolaBella09
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:44 PM
Sport Haft.

Comes in an orange can. Its my favorite sticking product, but I only use it if I think I REALLY need it because of how sticky it is.

Love this stuff. Makes you stick phenomenally. :lol:

superpony123
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:55 PM
No stirrups!

ew, i hate all that sticky stuff. i personally consider it cheating (okay, it's not, but i wouldn't be caught dead using it!)

Small Change
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:14 PM
I've been doing lots of no-stirrup work all winter, and that, combined with riding with polos as half chaps (since my half chaps don't fit over my winter paddock boots) has given me a good leg. This is purely mental on my part, and I'd like the security blanket of having a "stuck" leg over bigger fences the first few times while out in public, despite the fact I can hang on just fine over the same size fence at home. I fully realize I play a head game with myself, so I'm trying to be one step ahead of my own nervous brain. :)

Thanks for the recommendation of the Sport Haft.

dghunter
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:18 PM
I've been doing lots of no-stirrup work all winter, and that, combined with riding with polos as half chaps (since my half chaps don't fit over my winter paddock boots) has given me a good leg. This is purely mental on my part, and I'd like the security blanket of having a "stuck" leg over bigger fences the first few times while out in public, despite the fact I can hang on just fine over the same size fence at home. I fully realize I play a head game with myself, so I'm trying to be one step ahead of my own nervous brain. :)

I totally understand the head games, unfortunately they don't sell anything to help with mine :lol: If they ever did I'd be first in line to buy it :D

Paint Hunter/Jumper
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:19 PM

not to be offensive... but how do you ride with polos on your legs???? doesn't that make you not be able to hold on with your leg?

Hunter Mom
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:21 PM
When I had my old boots, they were always SO slippery I felt unsafe. Before I cured it with new boots that I ride in every ride, I got this stuff called SporTak at Dick's. It was with the baseball & softball stuff. Now, just riding in my tall boots all the time has made all the difference.

IsolaBella09
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:27 PM
not to be offensive... but how do you ride with polos on your legs???? doesn't that make you not be able to hold on with your leg?

Nope. I've done it before and it worked for me. I like riding in polos, or even just tall boot socks when I'm trying to develop my leg. It helps me grip with my leg better.

GreystoneKC
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sport Haft.

Amazing stuff. Don't go XC or riding the shifty jumper without it. Not ooky or gooky at all.

Chef Jade
Apr. 1, 2009, 12:20 AM
Sporty Haft Spray, also called Sporty Sit Tite spray in the orange spray can is BY FAR the best stuff ever. And I have tried them all. It doesn't leave gunk on your saddle like Saddle Tite does.

jetsetter
Apr. 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
Sporty Haft Spray, also called Sporty Sit Tite spray in the orange spray can is BY FAR the best stuff ever. And I have tried them all. It doesn't leave gunk on your saddle like Saddle Tite does.

I was worried about the "after goo" :lol: but anything that was left over could be easily cleaned off! I would definitely suggest it!:yes:

Small Change
Apr. 1, 2009, 08:27 AM

It did at first, but you develop a nice, quiet, nonclamped leg after a while. The first winter I did it (and it was always out of necessity and not wanting to buy a bigger set of half chaps for my winter boots), my leg slipped all over. Now, I've got no problem jumping around a relatively big course with my leg still.

Small Change
Apr. 1, 2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll go out today to see what I can find. :)