PDA

View Full Version : Barns In The Indianapolis Area (including carmel and zionsville)

diddlez66
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:35 PM
A long time ago I asked for everyone's barn recommendations in the Indianapolis area, but I am in need of the information once again.

I rode at Canterbury Manor for about two and a half years and then moved to Grandview but soon after I started riding there, they sadly switched to only giving lessons to their boarders. And since then (about a year) I have been riding at a friends personal barn without a trainer.

Obviously, I do not own my own horse so I am looking for a lesson barn that has decent prices and is friendly, clean and will let me show.

I do know of Bit Whip Farm and GEM Stables but I was hoping someone would have more info on them.

Thanks for your help!

harvestmoon
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:52 PM
Just a few off the top of my head:

Jimmy Williams (Wind Crest Farm)
Richard Rinehart (Rinehart Farm)
Robin Lawrence (Hunters Pointe Farm; www.hunterspointefarm.com)
Stefanie Collier (Collier's Lane; www.collierslane.com)

horsepix76
Apr. 1, 2009, 07:34 AM
Deer Run Stables--Hunters & Jumpers. Complete boarding & training facility. Bob Tweedlie, Trainer. Anne Eccles, Trainer. Riding instruction & horses for sale. 10113 N. 1075 E., Brownsburg IN 46112 (3 miles south of Zionsville). Call 317-290-0461.

IRUS Stables is in Lebanon. They're a sport horse discipline barn (dressage, eventing, jumpers). http://www.irus-stables.com/

Canterbury Manor is still there, but its probably not what you remember it being.

Bridle Oaks Farm is technically in Whitestown, which is pretty much Zionsville. (317) 769-3483

Dabney Reinhart (not related to Richard) runs a beautiful H/J barn on the north side of Brownsburg (maybe 10 minutes from Zionsville). I don't think she has a website. I'm trying to find her number.

Sport Horse Inc. is in Westfield - http://www.sporthorseinc.net/

Wild Air Farms - where the Traders Point Charity Horse Show is held every year.

Foxton Farm is lovely, but its in Romney (south of Lafayette), which is probably too far north for you. www.foxtonfarm.com

diddlez66
Apr. 1, 2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks. That is a pretty decent list. Does anyone have any specific info on Wild Aire Farms? They are closer than most of the other ones.

horsepix76
Apr. 1, 2009, 01:46 PM
Wild Air, Bridle Oaks, Canterbury and Deer Run are all probably within a 5 mile radius of each other, or in other words, a few minutes drive. Sport Horse Inc is in Westfield, which is sort of between Zionsville and Carmel.

You might also consider barns in the Sheridan area. Its on the east side of Carmel, where Zionsville is on the west side of Carmel. Come Again Farms is an eventing barn. Its in Sheridan. http://www.comeagainfarm.com/ The owner posts on here as LAZ. You might PM her as she may know of H/J barns in the area.

EquitationRider
Jul. 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
I ride at Bit Whip and love it! I used to ride at Canterbury too.
i know a lot about the stables here in the Zionsville area and surrounding it. I know that there are some places that you don't want to end up at. Message me if you want to know anything!!

grandprixjump
Jul. 13, 2009, 04:42 PM
That was before they were at their current location, can anyone here remember J-71, till about 4 years ago when I left and moved to NC, I'm now in MS though.

Packrat
Jul. 14, 2009, 12:36 PM
Take a look at Sierra Woods Farm on the Northside of Zionsville. Where the old Meadow View Farm used to be. Amy Tilson bought this farm from Wendy Newby last year. They will have a full website up and running in the next couple of weeks www.SierraWoodsFarm.com but her contact information is already on the landing page.