PDA

View Full Version : Barn Recommendations? (Westchester/Fairfield County)

zoeee
Mar. 31, 2009, 06:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a hunter/jumper barn in the area of Westchester or Fairfield County(NY/CT). I am currently riding at a barn over an hour away. I am looking for something closer so that I can lease a horse and show more. Any recommendations for trainers and barns would be greatly appreciated! PMs are also welcome :)

RW06
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:00 PM
It depends on what you want. Timmy Kees is great at Burr Associates for equitation. Brooke Baldwin is very good for hunters as are Carol Moloney and T. Whitehead. There is Lionshare for the hunters/jumpers/eq as well as Lisa Rex and Holliday Ryals who do mostly equitation/jumpers. You have lots and lots of options.

supershorty628
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:05 PM
Kip Rosenthal at Benchmark Farm, which is in North Salem. PM me if you want info :)

ohsareee
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:11 PM
There is some barn which I believe is located near you, a friend of mine takes the train in from NY everyday to come ride so I believe its somewhere near NY. I could ask her if youde like, theyre a very reputable show barn.

meupatdoes
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:57 PM
I would recommend Arcadia Farm, with Patty Peckham and Molly Flaherty, which is in Yorktown, or Val Renihan who I believe is still renting stalls at Old Salem.

That area is mucho mucho caro though; these programs and most of the ones listed above will run you $2,500 per month at least.

Words of Wisdom
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:59 PM
What sort of program are you looking for? There's some of everything in Fairfield/Westchester, from people who want to show occasionally to those wanting to ride at the top.

Hunter/JumperMom
Apr. 1, 2009, 08:47 AM
Please be more specific in what your looking for, show barn, lesson barn, price range, and what part of Fairfield/Westchester county? Do you want full service/board only? Are you looking to do local shows? hunter/jumper/eq? or go away and do AA shows, travel east coast, canada, etc? Florida for the winter? Many many options in this area.

cyberbay
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:40 AM
Try Lise Harrell in Bedford, NY. 914-234-6692. Lovely, complete low-key facility in the heart of riding country. Train with her or ship to whomever you would like. It's great care and a fraction of cost of the larger barns. Best of both worlds, really.

NRC260
Apr. 1, 2009, 01:23 PM
I don't know CT well but I do know that there is a great facility and trainer in Redding (not sure how far you are from there). Donna Pace out of Sunset Hills Farm.

http://www.sunsethillfarmct.com/Sunset_Hill_Farm/Home.html

ponymom64
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:15 PM
I don't know CT well but I do know that there is a great facility and trainer in Redding (not sure how far you are from there). Donna Pace out of Sunset Hills Farm.

http://www.sunsethillfarmct.com/Sunset_Hill_Farm/Home.html

What happened to Suzanne Fisher? Is she no longer at Sunset Hill??

NRC260
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure. I'm not from CT, I just know that Donna Pace is at Sunset Hill and she is wonderful. I don't know anything about Suzanne.

supershorty628
Apr. 1, 2009, 09:09 PM
Suzanne is now at Ox Ridge :)

ponymom64
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:31 AM
Suzanne is now at Ox Ridge :)

Really? Interesting! When did that happen? Did she replace Alan or just renting a barn?

supershorty628
Apr. 2, 2009, 03:54 PM
Really? Interesting! When did that happen? Did she replace Alan or just renting a barn?

I think she's just renting a barn. I'm not sure when Tashua moved, sorry :(

ponymom64
Apr. 2, 2009, 04:16 PM
I think she's just renting a barn. I'm not sure when Tashua moved, sorry :(

Suzanne emailed me this morning, so I have the scoop! Sounds like a good move for her!

OP - Ox Ridge might also be a place to look