PDA

View Full Version : need help finding contact info Forest Grove Stable (VA) that's opening farm in SC

EarwenES
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:53 PM
I have been hearing through the local horse grapevine that there is supposed to be a very nice new H/J farm in my area of South Carolina - in the middle of nowhere and about an hour and a half from Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Hilton Head, SC but can't seem to find out the name of the barn or location. The word is the owner Kim (not sure this is right) is opening another branch of a farm in Virginia named Forest Grove. I found a website link for a Forrest Grove Stable in VA but it isn't active. Does anyone know anything about a nice new hunter barn opening in Hampton or Allendale Counties in SC or contact information? This is such a rural area it would be great to have a super nice farm opening here!! Thanks!:D

cloudyandcallie
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:55 PM
I saw last weekend where it is opening in Estill? Is that the farm?
Check out the Sat. or Sun. Savannah paper, I think that it where I saw it, in www.savannahnow.com.
There's an older barn on 278 near Grays. But it's not as big and has been there a while. I wish somene would buy my 52 acres between Grays and Early Branch and open a barn there.

kaazs
Mar. 31, 2009, 06:18 PM
Are you talking about Hampton Pines, the new barn in Estill? There is an open house on April 10.
The website is www.hamptonequestrian.com

cloudyandcallie
Mar. 31, 2009, 06:19 PM
Are you talking about Hampton Pines, the new barn in Estill? There is an open house on April 10.
The website is www.hamptonequestrian.com

Oops, you are right! Sorry. Bad with names.

kaazs
Mar. 31, 2009, 06:27 PM
Oops, you are right! Sorry. Bad with names.

No Problem :)

mroades
Mar. 31, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yup, nice barn in the middle of nowhere...it has tried and failed about 3 times to become something. I hope it works this time!

dani0303
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:14 PM
It's a nice facility but it's out in the middle of nowhere. I looked to board my horse there a few years back but it was a good hour from my house on Hilton Head and just not worth the drive.

EarwenES
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the information! Does anyone know the new owners? I'm not sure what brings people to Estill, SC from Virginia! What a move!

dani0303
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:18 PM
All I know about the management is what I saw on horsestablereview.com. If you're seriously interested in the place I'd go check it out. I can't verify or deny anything on the site (as I don't know the people involved) but it makes for an interesting read.

mestel
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:46 PM
Estill is a scary little town! Are the suburbs os Estill any nicer?

EarwenES
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:02 AM
I haven't been in this area long, having moved here from the Augusta area when I got married, so I don't claim to be the expert on Estill. I know that there are some very nice homes in Estill, but like most of the surrounding areas it is a very high poverty area.

There are benefits to living out here to be sure - land is not expensive and there is plenty of room to trail ride and the flat land and sandy footing is nice for jumping. Our community is tiny but very, very family and kid oriented! I live in a tiny town and have gotten phone calls from people when one of my horses had a scratch on his nose (and I mean a scratch) or to inquire about what they thought was a bandaged leg (ok, it was really a white sock they hadn't noticed before and saw at a distance, but it is the thought that counts) and someone called my husband at work when they drove by and saw a fence board down. Aiken and Hilton Head aren't a terrible drive....but it is a drive... and there is no Starbucks, no sushi places, and no close tack stores!!

I appreciate the heads up Dani0303. Funny timing... I also got an email today that the new barn has offered to work with our local 4-H children which includes almost all the children in my husband's extended family and our two children. As you said, you never know, but an interesting read....

eventchic33
Apr. 1, 2009, 08:21 AM
Kim's barn here in Nova was only a lesson barn and pretty much just for beginners. Not a whole lot of jumping at all. Instructors were decent but not BNT by any means. Do not get your hopes up for something grand.

cloudyandcallie
Apr. 1, 2009, 08:27 AM
Go to Bluffton for tack, Lucy Hunter and her mother are great, and they have Low Country Tack Store in Bluffton.

Several horse farms have moved to the Grays/Estill/Early Branch area because it is out of biting sand gnat country and cheaper land, and no flooding with storms like the coastal areas. I hope this barn succeeds and that your family enjoys it.

briddygirl
Apr. 18, 2009, 05:51 PM
My daughter had approx. 2 lessons w/ an instructor at Kim Rupp's farm in Leesburg, VA....but then I discontinued, b/c I felt like we were paying an awful lot to clean tack, etc. -- and the mounted lesson ended up being only 20 mins. --- I knew that she was having a feud w/ one of her neighbors at the time, so I am not surprised that they ended up selling and moving.....she has quite a strong personality and I think she just didn't do well here w/ the horse lesson biz.....there are so many around here to choose from......I had a friend who boarded w her, as well, and ended up leaving after a month or two.....I hope her move to SC goes well....but if you are looking for a pro H/J facility I don't think she's it.....

briddygirl
Apr. 18, 2009, 05:59 PM
I think we may be talking about the wrong "kim".....the Kim I was talking about from Leesburg, VA did have a small lesson barn, but nothing to the extent that I saw on the website for "Hampton Equestrian.com".....I don't think she was that advanced of a horseperson.....:)

briddygirl
Apr. 18, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hi again....just thought I'd let you read some feedback about this new barn in SC....there is a pretty new website out that reviews barns all over the country...all you do is click on your state ...in South Carolina there is only one barn listed so far, and it is this Kim Rupp's.....I am shocked that she'd even have the nerve to pull this off....but read the reviews yourselves.....here is the website:

http://horsestablereviews.com go to the top "Stable REviews" and click on South Carolina...and scroll down.... Hampton Pines has 6 reviews.....you be the judge.

:)

eventchic33
Apr. 18, 2009, 06:36 PM
I taught at Forest Grove for a short time and then parted ways. Everything said on the link posted above is accurate. And on the mellow side.

briddygirl
Apr. 18, 2009, 09:31 PM
EventChic33...I think I know you! You don't have to devulge your "name", but is your first name something different...I'm thinking a Dutch name or German or something! :) Anyways.....if it is you, my daughter really liked your teaching, I just wasn't impressed with the "policy" of the barn....since we own our own horses we didn't need to spend the majority of the hour learning to tack up, etc. -- I know this is helpful when it is a child who doesn't have a clue, but I did tell Kim that we already knew all that b/c we own our own horses, etc.

Momofone
May. 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be a client of Kimberly Rupp's when she owned/managed Forest Grove Stables. I can't tell you how much anger I feel towards her, because of how she AND her husband treated me and my daughter. [edit] Please beware!

cloudyandcallie
May. 11, 2009, 06:12 PM
Rats! I was hoping a good group would establish a good barn in that area so I can sell my 52 acres there to a competitor.:lol:

mroades
May. 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
Based on who she is having do clinics there.....I wouldnt get too excited Cloudy

eventchic33
May. 12, 2009, 07:40 AM
Those people doing the clinics have since parted ways also.

EarwenES
May. 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
I saw that all of the clinics for the summer have been canceled. I wonder what is up with that.

eventchic33
May. 17, 2009, 09:31 AM
The midnight personal phone calls kinda turned them off. It just got worse from there.

MARNIE
Jul. 2, 2009, 08:56 AM
I have been hearing through the local horse grapevine that there is supposed to be a very nice new H/J farm in my area of South Carolina - in the middle of nowhere and about an hour and a half from Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Hilton Head, SC but can't seem to find out the name of the barn or location. The word is the owner Kim (not sure this is right) is opening another branch of a farm in Virginia named Forest Grove. I found a website link for a Forrest Grove Stable in VA but it isn't active. Does anyone know anything about a nice new hunter barn opening in Hampton or Allendale Counties in SC or contact information? This is such a rural area it would be great to have a super nice farm opening here!! Thanks!:D
Trust me Kim and Brian Rupp are NOT coming back to Lessburg, Va and are as I understand it fleeing SC Please read horsestablereview.com. [edit] On raining days her students were given the pleasure of cleaning tack and paying Kim $60 an hour for that pleasure. her program from time to time had great instructors Who were [edit] and run off [edit] IS this the type of person you want to do business with I think not!

eventchic33
Jul. 2, 2009, 03:45 PM
I would like to know if anyone has had any fallout from anything posted on this thread?(besides Kim) PM me for details as I wont go into it for all to see.

alterrr
Jan. 18, 2011, 02:08 PM
Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but the aforementioned barn owner is now operating in Stafford, VA and I have a friend that just started boarding there. We had been considering a move to the new place ourselves but probably not now after reading this....

Can someone PM me & let me know what the deal is with this person? The stablereview.com site listing for her previous barn(s) have been deleted. :(

Thanks....

le_dressage
Jan. 21, 2011, 02:16 PM
The owner Kim Rupp is now running a barn by the name of Crimson Hill located in VA. From prior experience with her I would have to agree with all the posts listed above and would have to add to it. I would not board my horse with her under any circumstance, no matter how clean and nice it may seem. She does come across very knowledgeable and caring but I can tell you anyone can pick up a book and do some reading that does not mean that you know what you are talking about. [edit] Ask to see some credentials and I think you will be very disappointed. I know that many people in the Virginia horse community did not think she would be back to the area after the fiasco and many problems with Forestgrove Stables she use to run in Leesburg. I can tell you she left many unhappy vets, farriers, trainers and clients behind who if she knew she was back in the area would most likely like to touch base with her to tie up loose ends.

sarah v
Jan. 24, 2011, 10:50 AM
I can confirm that Kim Rupp (formally Kim Misdeo) and Brian Rupp are indeed managing Crimson Hill Farm in Stafford Virginia and based on what Kim Rupp told me I believe that they probably are the same people that ran Forest Grove Stables in Leesburg Virginia and Hampton Pines Equestrian Center in Esthill South Carolina.
The Crimson Hill Farm property is wonderful however the Rupps are only leasing the farm and do not own it.
I boarded my horse and pony at Crimson Hill Farm for a period of about four and a half months before being given forty eight hours to remove them from the property on the morning of December 18th 2010 by Kim Rupp following an attempt to discus vet recommendations for my horse and pony with her. She responded by ripping up a copy of the recommendations and throwing them in the air, making various threats and using repeated profanity in the presence of my eleven year old daughter and in close proximity to another boarder and that boarders farrier.
I have been informed that Kim Rupp told at least one person, that I did not pay board for my horse and pony whilst they were at Crimson Hill Farm which is completely untrue. I paid full board for my horse and pony board for my pony, on time every month and additionally provided bedding and feed for both. I would be more than willing to share copies of all checks and payments made by me to Kim Rupp to confirm this.
It is my opinion that Kim Rupp is under the impression that because she runs a private boarding facility she can do and say things without consequence. It is also my opinion that she is mistaken.
If you are currently looking for a place to board, Crimson Hill Farm is not a place I would be able to recommend as long as it is managed by the Rupp's. I believe (again based on what Kim Rupp told me) that their lease expires in May 2011 and I can only hope at that time that someone with a healthier approach to running a business takes over and turns Crimson Hill Farm into the excellent boarding facility that it has the potential of being.
For current boarders of Crimson Hill Farm reading this post, you probably know who I am and that's fine because I have nothing to hide. I would advise you to read your contract carefully (I have still not received a copy of the contract that I personally signed and returned to Kim Rupp despite numerous requests to Kim and Brian Rupp that they provide me with a copy) and protect yourself. You do not have to give thirty days notice (unless the contract has been amended since I left) I gave thirty days notice on the morning of December 2nd 2010, by choice and as a courtesy because I felt that letting Kim know that I would be leaving at the end of that month was the right thing to do from a business stand point and would allow her to advertise the available stalls. Kim Rupp accepted payment in full for board through December 31st and then gave me forty eight hours to leave on December 18th and is now refusing to reimburse my board for the twelve days in December that she was unable to provide board for my horse and pony by her own actions. In addition I have yet to receive my deposits back from her. I will be happy to update this post should I receive any monies owed to me by the Rupp's in the future.
I am not the first or only boarder that Kim Rupp has given forty eight hours to remove their horse from Crimson Hill Farm and in my opinion I probably will not be that last.
Kim Rupp has also threatened (in writing) to take legal action against me and sue me for slander.
I have never lied either to or about Kim Rupp or her husband Brian Rupp. Everything that I have said is factual and the truth and it is my opinion the truth is not slander.
Please feel free to contact me regarding any additional information that you may be seeking regarding my experience with these people.

LexInVA
Jan. 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
Just par for the course around here. :lol:

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 02:11 PM
The owner Kim Rupp is now running a barn by the name of Crimson Hill located in VA. From prior experience with her I would have to agree with all the posts listed above and would have to add to it. I would not board my horse with her under any circumstance, no matter how clean and nice it may seem. She does come across very knowledgeable and caring but I can tell you anyone can pick up a book and do some reading that does not mean that you know what you are talking about. [edit] Ask to see some credentials and I think you will be very disappointed. I know that many people in the Virginia horse community did not think she would be back to the area after the fiasco and many problems with Forestgrove Stables she use to run in Leesburg. I can tell you she left many unhappy vets, farriers, trainers and clients behind who if she knew she was back in the area would most likely like to touch base with her to tie up loose ends.

If you feel you have an issue with me you can come to see me at my farm anytime..or call me directly 540-656-8728> Credentials? Are you kidding me? YOu dont even have the nerve to say who you are and address your issues with me directly. It has been 6yrs...my have you been busy.I have never responded to any of these entertaining post because I was never aware of them. I am only aware of them now because I have a boarder who is upset with me and decided to take our personal matters online. Again, what is it that you feel you are trying to accomplish....by slandering my name? Did I really hurt you that bad you have sat around and just waited for 6yrs to chime in? WOW...I must have been important to you and hurt you...for that I truly am sorry> I am sorry that you feel that you werent treated fairly or had your feelings damanged by me.

cloudyandcallie
Jan. 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
Did you sell the place in SC? It was beautiful.

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 02:17 PM
The owner Kim Rupp is now running a barn by the name of Crimson Hill located in VA. From prior experience with her I would have to agree with all the posts listed above and would have to add to it. I would not board my horse with her under any circumstance, no matter how clean and nice it may seem. She does come across very knowledgeable and caring but I can tell you anyone can pick up a book and do some reading that does not mean that you know what you are talking about. The term "con-artist" would be the best term to describe the whole operation. Ask to see some credentials and I think you will be very disappointed. I know that many people in the Virginia horse community did not think she would be back to the area after the fiasco and many problems with Forestgrove Stables she use to run in Leesburg. I can tell you she left many unhappy vets, farriers, trainers and clients behind who if she knew she was back in the area would most likely like to touch base with her to tie up loose ends.
If you have something you would like to speak with me about you can reach me 540-656-8728
6yrs and you are still mad about our falling out? I am sorry if you havent been able to move past things. It is very petty of you to put such things that are not true on this forum. I look forward to talking to you.

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
I can confirm that Kim Rupp (formally Kim Misdeo) and Brian Rupp are indeed managing Crimson Hill Farm in Stafford Virginia and based on what Kim Rupp told me I believe that they probably are the same people that ran Forest Grove Stables in Leesburg Virginia and Hampton Pines Equestrian Center in Esthill South Carolina.
The Crimson Hill Farm property is wonderful however the Rupps are only leasing the farm and do not own it.
I boarded my horse and pony at Crimson Hill Farm for a period of about four and a half months before being given forty eight hours to remove them from the property on the morning of December 18th 2010 by Kim Rupp following an attempt to discus vet recommendations for my horse and pony with her. She responded by ripping up a copy of the recommendations and throwing them in the air, making various threats and using repeated profanity in the presence of my eleven year old daughter and in close proximity to another boarder and that boarders farrier.
I have been informed that Kim Rupp told at least one person, that I did not pay board for my horse and pony whilst they were at Crimson Hill Farm which is completely untrue. I paid full board for my horse and pony board for my pony, on time every month and additionally provided bedding and feed for both. I would be more than willing to share copies of all checks and payments made by me to Kim Rupp to confirm this.
It is my opinion that Kim Rupp is under the impression that because she runs a private boarding facility she can do and say things without consequence. It is also my opinion that she is mistaken.
If you are currently looking for a place to board, Crimson Hill Farm is not a place I would be able to recommend as long as it is managed by the Rupp's. I believe (again based on what Kim Rupp told me) that their lease expires in May 2011 and I can only hope at that time that someone with a healthier approach to running a business takes over and turns Crimson Hill Farm into the excellent boarding facility that it has the potential of being.
For current boarders of Crimson Hill Farm reading this post, you probably know who I am and that's fine because I have nothing to hide. I would advise you to read your contract carefully (I have still not received a copy of the contract that I personally signed and returned to Kim Rupp despite numerous requests to Kim and Brian Rupp that they provide me with a copy) and protect yourself. You do not have to give thirty days notice (unless the contract has been amended since I left) I gave thirty days notice on the morning of December 2nd 2010, by choice and as a courtesy because I felt that letting Kim know that I would be leaving at the end of that month was the right thing to do from a business stand point and would allow her to advertise the available stalls. Kim Rupp accepted payment in full for board through December 31st and then gave me forty eight hours to leave on December 18th and is now refusing to reimburse my board for the twelve days in December that she was unable to provide board for my horse and pony by her own actions. In addition I have yet to receive my deposits back from her. I will be happy to update this post should I receive any monies owed to me by the Rupp's in the future.
I am not the first or only boarder that Kim Rupp has given forty eight hours to remove their horse from Crimson Hill Farm and in my opinion I probably will not be that last.
Kim Rupp has also threatened (in writing) to take legal action against me and sue me for slander.
I have never lied either to or about Kim Rupp or her husband Brian Rupp. Everything that I have said is factual and the truth and it is my opinion the truth is not slander.
Please feel free to contact me regarding any additional information that you may be seeking regarding my experience with these people.

I have thought this over for a moment or so and decided to respond...even though I clearly do not like this sort of forum...dont believe everything I READ..Like to see proof as would any educated person would do! It only takes a few people being upset ...and look what we have ....a forum topic. The issue at hand is PERSONAL and truly does not have anything to do with my care of horses or my farm. All you need to do is come to my farm and see the horses/meet the people and you will see that I am really fantastic at what I do. I may not be the easiest person to get along with at times...are any of us?.
I will not dignify anything [Sarah V] has to say because this is a personal matter that should not be discussed with the public. I realize what she is trying to do...that is to hurt me and my business...all I can say is come by my farm and see us ...then make your decision based on that....not just what a few upset individuals 'think they know". kim rupp
-by the way....we lost our farm - forestgrove stables and had to close our doors sadly..it was a very sad and personal thing for us to endure and it is quite mean to talk of such things when you have no idea of what my family had to go through. Shame on all of you!

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone! There has been quite a stir on this forum about me...wow...didnt know that I was this important to actually have a forum about me! All I have to say is that IF you base all of your opinions on what others think you miss out on many great opportunities!We have a lovely farm...and care deeply for all of our boarders and horse's. I have no hidden agenda, never intentionally try to be rude or hurtful to others and just live my life like everyone else. I can't please everyone all the time...sorry...I just do my best and sometimes for some people that is not good enough.I am human and make mistakes...I will try to fix it if it can be fixed.
Just come see us and you'll see for yourself that these post are unwarranted, personal attacks at me...maybe even somewhat deserved (they may have just been to much to deal with... and so they had to go)
I really am a nice person, will help most anyone out, and want the best for your horse. Dont miss the chance to have a great home for your horse. I do know quite a bit about horses but never claim to be a veterinarian, certified equine nutritionist or farrier. Horses and their care isnt rocket science and neither is my love for them!

SonnysMom
Jan. 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
Choo, choo. I can't get out the wine yet, I'm at work. I can always microwave some popcorn though.:winkgrin:

Are we gonna get some new greenie's to support krupp16? How about some alters and houseguests?

Chugga, Chugga. I see it coming 'round the bend.

le_dressage
Jan. 24, 2011, 04:02 PM
Same old Kim just another day.........for someone who keeps up with things in the horse world you would have thought you would have looked at the Chronicle Forum. It is one of the first places people go to find out if people are who they say they are, honestly where have you been......?
I am sorry that the truth hits such a soft spot but what did you think, people would not ask what happened to you and your farm? You left countless unhappy people who were still bad mouthing you after you left Forestgrove and South Carolina. Being the great horsewoman that you are you know that the horse community is small and word gets around VERY FAST when people lie.
What credentials? I would love to know what they are, please if you have nothing to hide then share with the forum..........
My main concern is not with you (obviously you must have some great insecurities) nor “where you important to me” rather I would say you needed all the advice and help you could get. You surrounded yourself with knowledgeable people who you ran off, correct me if I am wrong but the longest instructor you had was 2 years everyone else left after a few months.
I am concerned for the horses that you care for. Perhaps, if you looked at it more than just a money making business and instead as a true passion you would understand. You do not know what you are doing and you have put many horses life at risk mine included. The 48 hour temper tantrums have obviously not changed (good luck getting your deposit back).
I feel bad that you are having problems with your business at Crimson Hill and that one of your boarders is feeling the need to vent her frustration here but I had hoped you had changed and learned, but goes to show that nothing has changed with how you do business or your temper. I really wish you the best of luck and maybe one day you will understand there is so much more to horses…..than all your drama.

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 04:23 PM
Same old Kim just another day.........for someone who keeps up with things in the horse world you would have thought you would have looked at the Chronicle Forum. It is one of the first places people go to find out if people are who they say they are, honestly where have you been......?
I am sorry that the truth hits such a soft spot but what did you think, people would not ask what happened to you and your farm? You left countless unhappy people who were still bad mouthing you after you left Forestgrove and South Carolina. Being the great horsewoman that you are you know that the horse community is small and word gets around VERY FAST when people lie.
What credentials? I would love to know what they are, please if you have nothing to hide then share with the forum..........
My main concern is not with you (obviously you must have some great insecurities) nor “where you important to me” rather I would say you needed all the advice and help you could get. You surrounded yourself with knowledgeable people who you ran off, correct me if I am wrong but the longest instructor you had was 2 years everyone else left after a few months.
I am concerned for the horses that you care for. Perhaps, if you looked at it more than just a money making business and instead as a true passion you would understand. You do not know what you are doing and you have put many horses life at risk mine included. The 48 hour temper tantrums have obviously not changed (good luck getting your deposit back).
I feel bad that you are having problems with your business at Crimson Hill and that one of your boarders is feeling the need to vent her frustration here but I had hoped you had changed and learned, but goes to show that nothing has changed with how you do business or your temper. I really wish you the best of luck and maybe one day you will understand there is so much more to horses…..than all your drama.

SOO..what you need is closure? still waiting to see your lovely face.or hear that happy voice of yours again! didnt think so. Contribute something worth reading that is at least in the past couple of years. As long as there are people like you and Sarah there will be boarding facilities and lesson barns that lose clients and their farms ...because unfortunately, people believe the first thing they here most of the time. Did you ever think that there are things that you dont know...no, guess you know everything now dont you.

loshad
Jan. 24, 2011, 04:35 PM
SOO..what you need is closure? still waiting to see your lovely face.or hear that happy voice of yours again! didnt think so. Contribute something worth reading that is at least in the past couple of years. As long as there are people like you and Sarah there will be boarding facilities and lesson barns that lose clients and their farms ...because unfortunately, people believe the first thing they here most of the time. Did you ever think that there are things that you dont know...no, guess you know everything now dont you.

Look, your ex-boarders may or may not be the crazy lying jerks you seem to be implying they are, but you -- as a business owner -- are not doing yourself any favors by posting nasty, crazy, grammatically painful jabs at them.

The BOs who have, to my mind, been the classiest when responding to this sort of thing come on here and say something to the effect of "Obviously there are two sides to every story. I wish [poster] and her horse well in their new barn."

AdultAmmy
Jan. 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
I have thought this over for a moment or so and decided to respond...even though I clearly do not like this sort of forum...dont believe everything I READ..Like to see proof as would any educated person would do! It only takes a few people being upset ...and look what we have ....a forum topic. The issue at hand is PERSONAL and truly does not have anything to do with my care of horses or my farm. All you need to do is come to my farm and see the horses/meet the people and you will see that I am really fantastic at what I do. I may not be the easiest person to get along with at times...are any of us?.
I will not dignify anything Sarah Cornish Vanderhoof has to say because this is a personal matter that should not be discussed with the public. I realize what she is trying to do...that is to hurt me and my business...all I can say is come by my farm and see us ...then make your decision based on that....not just what a few upset individuals 'think they know". kim rupp
-by the way....we lost our farm - forestgrove stables and had to close our doors sadly..it was a very sad and personal thing for us to endure and it is quite mean to talk of such things when you have no idea of what my family had to go through. Shame on all of you!

You really are digging a hole for yourself. After reading this thread, as well as your responses, I would never dream of boarding my horse under your care.

I find your responses extremely unprofessional, and greatly appreciate the ex boarders who have told their story. Unfortunately this is the price you pay if you run an unprofessional business.

Ibex
Jan. 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
I love it when someone posts several times in a row, first attacking former clients, and then to tell the rest of us how nice they are.

Yes, makes me absolutely want to board with you. :winkgrin:

MelSutherland
Jan. 24, 2011, 06:38 PM
I would like to respond to Sara V.'s quote by saying that her accusation of Crimson Hill Farm and Kimberly Rupp are absurd. First off, I have been in the horse industry for 25 years. I am very knowledgable of horses, riding and the care involved in horses, Sara V. has only been involved in horses, and/or the care of horses for 7 months, thats right, 7 months. She forgets in the beginning when she had yet to purchase her first horse and had little to no knowledge of horses, who was the person that guided and helped her to learn the necessities in being a horse owner. Sara V. has learned everything she knows of horses from Kimberly Rupp. Kimberly Rupp took Sara and her family under her wing and taught her and helped her and her family. It's unfortunate that after personal non-horse related fall-out Sara V. feels the need to post negative comments regarding Crimson Hill Farm and/or the managing of Crimson Hill Farm. In 25 years I have never run across a more organized and well-managed farm. I personally grew up managing a very diciplined Arabian Show Horse Farm and was taught by one of the best in horse care and from that I have a very high standard of quality when it comes to the caring of my horse. Kim Rupp cares for my horse and every horse at Crimson Hill Farm as if they were each her own. Sara V. should reflect on the before and after pictures of her horse that she took upon arrival at Crimson Hill and just 3 weeks later...the pictures speak for themselves. The transformation of her horse and every other horse under Kimberly Rupp's care is amazing.
Since joining the Crimson Hill Family I have NEVER heard Kim talk about other boarders and their payments of board or ANY personal information regarding other boarders...that is the most ignorant accusation. Kim Rupp and her family manage Crimson Hill with the utmost of professionalism. That barn is kept immaculate, the horses are cared for impecibly and Kim's knowledge of horses and the individual needs of each of the horses at Crimson Hill can not be questioned.
So fellow readers/horse lovers...if you are going to take anyone's advice on the managing capabilities of Kimberly Rupp and are questioning the standard of care at Crimson Hill Farm...take from me, someone who has been in this industry for 25 years and has a high standard care and expectation when it comes to horses. Do not take it from a disgruntled, friendship fall-out, person who has very little knowledge of horses and/or the care of horses.
....OR, better yet, just stop by Crimson Hill Farm and see for yourself. :)

MoonLadyIsis
Jan. 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
popcorn and watermelon twizzlers anyone?

MelSutherland
Jan. 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
Did you forget that I happened to be there when Kim informed you that you had 48 hours to leave? She had originally said that everything was fine and that you could leave on the date that you had given notice. I personally witnessed your constant antagonizing of her. You were pushing every button you could on Kim, in front of your own daughter. You pushed and pushed until Kim finally said that you needed to leave within 48 hours. It wasn't until then that you stopped the constant arguing and left. HOw dare you condemn her and make her look like the person in the wrong for arguing in front of your daughter! You brought your daughter and you were looking for a fight. I personally witnessed you telling Kim that the farm you were taking your horses to was ready for them. In my opinion and from what I heard and saw for myself, you were antagonizing Kim in hopes that she would ask you to leave....you got what you wanted, but not exactly the financial end results you were looking for though, right? You should be ashamed of yourself Sara. Portraying yourself as the victim....

mvp
Jan. 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
Look, it's really, really simple.

sarah v. outlines a series of events which she claim she can document. She also posts here (excerpted below that she is willing to publicly recant if Kim Rupp makes good. I take it she wants her deposit and 12 days of board back?

Kim Rupp accepted payment in full for board through December 31st and then gave me forty eight hours to leave on December 18th and is now refusing to reimburse my board for the twelve days in December that she was unable to provide board for my horse and pony by her own actions. In addition I have yet to receive my deposits back from her. I will be happy to update this post should I receive any monies owed to me by the Rupp's in the future.

You won't get a better offer if you are worried about what happens on this BB. Consider it cheap spin control.

GreystoneKC
Jan. 24, 2011, 07:36 PM
Why is it that none of the freak trainers that get bashed on here can spell/speak/have reasonable grammar?

BTW, does anyone know who the new pic on heat.her's gallery page is? Doesn't look like the Dream Castle pony... just sayin...

Ugh... I don't have any watermelon twizzlers, but I do have Minionade airheads... Yum.

MelSutherland
Jan. 24, 2011, 07:50 PM

sarah v. outlines a series of events which she claim she can document. She also posts here (excerpted below that she is willing to publicly recant if Kim Rupp makes good. I take it she wants her deposit and 12 days of board back?

You won't get a better offer if you are worried about what happens on this BB. Consider it cheap spin control.

.......read your contract! The Rupps simply held Sara V. to her contract.
If she didn't like the specifications of the contract, she shouldn't have signed it. SIMPLE.

Lucassb
Jan. 24, 2011, 07:58 PM
Boarding is a service business. To be successful at it requires customer service skills that many horse people are painfully lacking in... including, apparently, this one.

The advice given on p 2 to take the high road and wish the former boarder the best was excellent counsel. It is possible to make it clear that you take a different point of view without attacking a former client, and that is the proper thing to do. Your ranting posts about the former clients only make them more credible.

This board is routinely used to ask for recommendations about boarding and to "vet" a potential new professional. Before giving way to emotion and lashing out, consider that the internet is forever, and craft your comments accordingly.

SonnysMom
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:03 PM
If sounds like Sarah gave her 30 day notice. She paid for those 30 days. If she was kicked out at a point less than 30 days that is on the BO and Sarah can no longer abide by the terms of her contract. Even you admit that the BO kicked her out prior to the end off the month that she paid for.
Damn, I don't know why more barn owners think of that. Once they get the 30 days notice and collect the money for the 30 days just give them 48 hours to GET OUT and keep the money for the rest of the month with no expenses. SWEEEET deal for the BO. No wonder people sneak out in the middle of the night with no notice at certain farms.
I know that if I were at a place that did that to another boarder I wouldn't give any notice. I would just not come back from a lesson or show.
Do you really think other boarders won't keep that in the back of their minds if they want to or need to leave?

What were the terms of the deposit? If she gave 30 days notice then why hasn't she gotten that back?

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:03 PM

It sound simple if you know both sides of the story! I do not pro-rate board when you leave only when you arive...it is in the boarding contract.
Additionally, the deposit issue..as per the contract I have 30 BUSINESS days to return it to her..which is JAN 28th. We already told her that her horses did not damage anything and she would be receiving her deposits back on the 28th.

le_dressage
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:11 PM
If she didn't like the specifications of the contract, she shouldn't have signed it. SIMPLE.

Wow......... this appears to have turned into the war of the boarders now......Good thing I was just talking about the last place I boarded that she ran..... the new place seems to be a complete circus.
I have been in the horse business for just as long and if you are telling me that you think Kim Rupp is the best out there I do not want to know what you think is good care. I think it is sad that a boarder has to try and defend the manager of the farm.......what did Kim offer you to defend her?

:eek:

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:13 PM
Why is it that none of the freak trainers that get bashed on here can spell/speak/have reasonable grammar?

BTW, does anyone know who the new pic on heat.her's gallery page is? Doesn't look like the Dream Castle pony... just sayin...

Ugh... I don't have any watermelon twizzlers, but I do have Minionade airheads... Yum.

I wasn't aware that Grammar and context were going to be looked at on this forum...my apologies...just typing fast.

SonnysMom
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:17 PM
I understand if you don't pro-rate when they leave IF you hadn't kicked her out. If she DECIDED to leave early then fine don't pro-rate. That is how most barns work. However you asked to leave before the end of the month, with little notice and prior to the end of her 30 days notice.
You didn't give her a choice about staying until the end of the month. Therefore ethically you should pro-rate and refund her the part of the month she COULD NOT use since you evicted her horse.
As others have stated bad mouthing former boarders on a public bulletin board with a large following is so not professional.
Just remember that the horse world is a small one. Your other boarders will remember what you did to Sarah about making her leave early but not refunding the money when they leave. It has also been immortalized on the web for any potential boarder to read.
Based on this thread and your response to this thread no way on God's green earth would I board with you. I don't care how well you take care of the horses or how nice the facility. Way too much barn drama and nastiness for me.

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:33 PM
I understand if you don't pro-rate when they leave IF you hadn't kicked her out. If she DECIDED to leave early then fine don't pro-rate. That is how most barns work. However you asked to leave before the end of the month, with little notice and prior to the end of her 30 days notice.
You didn't give her a choice about staying until the end of the month. Therefore ethically you should pro-rate and refund her the part of the month she COULD NOT use since you evicted her horse.
As others have stated bad mouthing former boarders on a public bulletin board with a large following is so not professional.
Just remember that the horse world is a small one. Your other boarders will remember what you did to Sarah about making her leave early but not refunding the money when they leave. It has also been immortalized on the web for any potential boarder to read.
Based on this thread and your response to this thread no way on God's green earth would I board with you. I don't care how well you take care of the horses or how nice the facility. Way too much barn drama and nastiness for me.
I did give her the option to stay, but she made it unbearable to allow me to do this...I really had no choice. I will take your opinions in consideration as you do have a few valid points. Funny enough, i thought I had a good contract to avoid DRAMA. go figure

Eye in the Sky
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:59 PM
krupp16, I have a couple of questions:

1. Did you rip up the recommendations of the vet? If yes, why?

2. Did you ever give a copy of the signed boarding contract to Sara V.? If not, why?

Ponytoes
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:00 PM
Contracts can't avoid drama, but people can ;)

RNB
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks krupp16 and melsutherland are one and the same?

MoonLadyIris....I would LOVE some watermelon twizzlers, thank you! :D

LexInVA
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:07 PM
Potstickers go well with this thread.

Piaffe_7182
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:27 PM
In Fredericksburg alone there have already been three forty eight hour notices given by Kim Rupp. I have boarded for a number of years, at a number of facilities. From back yard to show barn, and this barn was the first that did not provide enough feed for the horses. As per her contract she provides six pounds of feed per day. Horse care standard is one pound feed per one hundred pounds horse. Owners should be prepared to supply additional feed at this barn.
Bedding. When horses do not receive the adequate amount of bedding in the stalls, when they urinate, the force of the stream bounces off the mats and propels onto the back legs. If this happens repeatedly over a period of several days, the horse can get urine burn, and all the hair on those spots will fall out. On a number of horses, this was apparent, at crimson hill farm.
Owners be prepared to buy additional shavings.
Calm and soothing energy are very important when working with horses. Kim Rupp is incapable of the kind of energy that gets great work out of horses. If she could recognize and embrace this calm, relaxing, and soothing energy post like the above would not exist.
Ask yourself, is it worth the price?

mYpAiNtGrAcE
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:31 PM
Like the others, this just keeps getting better and better!

Carolinadreamin'
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:52 PM
The subject (as well as her alter) of this thread said she did not think spelling and grammar would be so closely looked at here.

Ms. Rupp, as a supposed professional you should take every opportunity to represent yourself in an appropriate manner. Your posts here make you look and sound like a petulant, uneducated child, certainly not someone to whom I would ever trust with the health and welfare of my horses.

alittlegray
Jan. 24, 2011, 11:05 PM
Wow, I'm doing the happy dance over here! DH wanted to move DD's pony to this farm, and was really pressuring me to go look at it. I guess he stopped by one day and thought it looked nice, and it's really close to us and cheaper than what we are paying.

I resisted, as pony is getting great care where he is at and I didn't want to have to trailer south for lessons with DD's trainer.

I WIN!! I'm so FREAKING glad I stood my ground right now.

I have to admit, over the holidays when I was amazingly busy, I reconsidered my stubborn position multiple times, and came THIS close to pulling the trigger. As late as last week I was thinking about this place and whether we should move.

THANK YOU COTH, for saving my priceless pony from winding up in a bad barn, with a psycho BO.

And Kim? BAD move, bashing former clients on here. Lord only knows how many potential new clients you just lost.

justdandy
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:47 AM
....OR, better yet, just stop by Crimson Hill Farm and see for yourself. :)

Yes...but make sure to make an appointment before you go because Kim doesn't like it when the "public" just stops in.

This was taken directly from CH's website:

NEW!!We have recently added locks to our tack room, feed room and office space(each boarder is provided a key).-- Occasionally, the 'public' stops by without an appointment which is NOT welcomed, and intrusive to our boarders. As a precautionary measure we added locks to protect our boarders property. We will do what is necessary to maintain this trust and dedication for our boarders!

Trixie
Jan. 25, 2011, 09:19 AM
I did give her the option to stay, but she made it unbearable to allow me to do this...I really had no choice. I will take your opinions in consideration as you do have a few valid points. Funny enough, i thought I had a good contract to avoid DRAMA. go figure

It is not about a “contract” to avoid drama – it is about how you behave. At the moment, you're not behaving in a manner that is befitting to a professional.

northerhunter
Jan. 25, 2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder if she knows heat.her......

tallygirl
Jan. 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
i dont live in VA or know any of the parties involved... BUT i think its pretty silly that kim has to come on here to defend herself to 2 clients who are mad when in reality when this topic first opened up in what 09? People were saying Beware, bad facility, bad care, lots of drama, etc. Kim, clearly it is NOT just these 2 people it is A LOT of people. You even took the ratings of your farm off of a website because there were AWFUL reviews on there. Some people are just NOT meant to be in the horse business...... especially when you are providing care to peoples beloved animals......

And to melssutherland. My mom is huge in the arabian horse world. Sold many horses to the count in argentina, etc, i would love to know who you worked with who was a "top" professional.... you sound like a big shot... im sure if you were i would know you. :lol:

alterrr
Jan. 25, 2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/

Can't wait for this site to open! I'm sure it will come in handy.

BTW, I can't tell you how many OTHER people have PM'd me about this barn owner when I was looking at possibly boarding there. Of course it's all hearsay, but really... one or two complaints, I can understand. This many over several years? Maybe it's time to get out of the horse business....

sarah v
Jan. 25, 2011, 04:18 PM
Wow, I'm doing the happy dance over here! DH wanted to move DD's pony to this farm, and was really pressuring me to go look at it. I guess he stopped by one day and thought it looked nice, and it's really close to us and cheaper than what we are paying.

I resisted, as pony is getting great care where he is at and I didn't want to have to trailer south for lessons with DD's trainer.

I WIN!! I'm so FREAKING glad I stood my ground right now.

I have to admit, over the holidays when I was amazingly busy, I reconsidered my stubborn position multiple times, and came THIS close to pulling the trigger. As late as last week I was thinking about this place and whether we should move.

THANK YOU COTH, for saving my priceless pony from winding up in a bad barn, with a psycho BO.

And Kim? BAD move, bashing former clients on here. Lord only knows how many potential new clients you just lost.

You made a great choice :)

sarah v
Jan. 25, 2011, 05:01 PM
Did you forget that I happened to be there when Kim informed you that you had 48 hours to leave? She had originally said that everything was fine and that you could leave on the date that you had given notice. I personally witnessed your constant antagonizing of her. You were pushing every button you could on Kim, in front of your own daughter. You pushed and pushed until Kim finally said that you needed to leave within 48 hours. It wasn't until then that you stopped the constant arguing and left. HOw dare you condemn her and make her look like the person in the wrong for arguing in front of your daughter! You brought your daughter and you were looking for a fight. I personally witnessed you telling Kim that the farm you were taking your horses to was ready for them. In my opinion and from what I heard and saw for myself, you were antagonizing Kim in hopes that she would ask you to leave....you got what you wanted, but not exactly the financial end results you were looking for though, right? You should be ashamed of yourself Sara. Portraying yourself as the victim....

Melanie you were not at the barn when I arrived and did not arrive until after I had been given forty eight hours notice to leave.
I sent my daughter to wait by the truck when I things began to go badly between Kim and I and my daughter was out by the truck by the time you arrived.
You are correct that Kim did seem to be about to reverse her decision at one point in the discussion but then went on to reiterated that I had forty eight hours to leave shortly there after, adding that she was being nice by giving me forty eight hours as she had the right to make me leave immediately and within the hour if she felt like it.
I'm glad that I insisted that Kim provide me with the forty eight hour notice that she gave me, in writing, and that I have that, so the truth about what happened and what she said and did cannot be completely altered by you or anyone else.

sarah v
Jan. 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
I will not dignify anything [Sarah V] has to say because this is a personal matter that should not be discussed with the public. I realize what she is trying to do...that is to hurt me and my business...all I can say is come by my farm and see us ...then make your decision based on that....not just what a few upset individuals 'think they know". kim rupp

Kim

I have all the proof that I need to back up everything that I have said here and then some...so go ahead and feel free to "dignify" anything that I have said at anytime.
Shame on me...because you cannot conduct yourself in a reasonable and professional manner? I don't think so.
And shame on everyone...because you had to close the doors of your barn in Leesburg and experienced sadness? Again, I don't think so.
Shame on you for not learning from your own mistakes and for continuing to treat people the way that you do and think that you can get away with it.

Sarah.

sarah v
Jan. 25, 2011, 05:39 PM
If you feel you have an issue with me you can come to see me at my farm anytime..or call me directly 540-656-8728> Credentials? Are you kidding me? YOu dont even have the nerve to say who you are and address your issues with me directly. It has been 6yrs...my have you been busy.I have never responded to any of these entertaining post because I was never aware of them. I am only aware of them now because I have a boarder who is upset with me and decided to take our personal matters online. Again, what is it that you feel you are trying to accomplish....by slandering my name? Did I really hurt you that bad you have sat around and just waited for 6yrs to chime in? WOW...I must have been important to you and hurt you...for that I truly am sorry> I am sorry that you feel that you werent treated fairly or had your feelings damanged by me.

Kim

You were the person that warned me at the end of August 2010 not to believe anything that I read about you online because angry neighbors of yours from Leesburg, Virginia had pretended to be former clients and associates of yours and made negative comments and posted negative reviews about you in an effort to seek revenge against you...so you at least knew about those posts at that time.

Sarah

sarah v
Jan. 25, 2011, 05:56 PM

Melanie

I believe that Kim essentially broke her contract with me by giving me forty eight hours to remove my horse and pony from Crimson Hill Farm.
And if you have a copy of the contract that I signed and returned to Kim regarding the care that she provided for my horse Emmy I would greatly appreciate you letting me have a copy of it because I still do not have one and apparently neither does Kim because I still haven't received a copy of it from her.
There was no contract between Kim and I for the care that was provided for my pony Obelia. I was never given one.
It's that simple.

Sarah.

Timex
Jan. 25, 2011, 06:30 PM
Sarah, you don't have to bother defending your actions, in fact, I wouldn't respond to those 2 at all. This Kim person is doing enough damage to her reputation all on her own. Very unprofessional on her part.

mvp
Jan. 25, 2011, 06:54 PM

But didn't you previously argue that Sarah v had *caused* krupp to break the contract? So..... it was broken.

I personally witnessed your constant antagonizing of her. You were pushing every button you could on Kim, in front of your own daughter. You pushed and pushed until Kim finally said that you needed to leave within 48 hours. It wasn't until then that you stopped the constant arguing and left.

And krupp says the same:

I did give her the option to stay, but she made it unbearable to allow me to do this...I really had no choice.

I know things change, people get mad and contracts are broken. But it's impossible to do business with someone who has a reputation for breaking contracts and justifies that with regularity.

I look for a 30 days notice clause. To date, I have expected BOs who write these (and people like me who agree to them) to honor that. I have know a couple of BOs who have done the "horse is tied to the front fence. Get out!" thing to other people.

This thread has taught me that I need to *ask* a BO if they have ever had reason to reneg on the 30 days' notice clause. If there is more than one, which I discover by any means, that would have to be a deal-breaker for me.

need_4_speed
Jan. 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
I cannot say how Kim takes care of the horses boarding. But I can say she is not the type of person I would want my horse nor my kids to be around. She was a 4-H horse leader (not sure why she is not now) here in Stafford. At our meetings, Sarah V. would be mucking the stalls for her and doing work around the barn. At one point, Kim humiliated Sarah in front of the 4-H kids parents, I was shocked. I would have to agree with earlier posts on this website, she has no problems treating people like they are insignificant and beneath her. She believes she knows everything but yet has a unrideable horse, whom she wants others to ride because she is too afraid herself.....I could go on and on....but I have learned from these posts, it is best to look up anyone involving kids and animals....both are precious and priceless to me.

I was contemplating boarding my horses there because she "seemed" like a good person who knew what she was talking about. People can only cover for so long. I am boarding somewhere else and so glad I avoided the drama and chaos.

Purplerose
Jan. 26, 2011, 12:47 AM
Melanie

I believe that Kim essentially broke her contract with me by giving me forty eight hours to remove my horse and pony from Crimson Hill Farm.
And if you have a copy of the contract that I signed and returned to Kim regarding the care that she provided for my horse Emmy I would greatly appreciate you letting me have a copy of it because I still do not have one and apparently neither does Kim because I still haven't received a copy of it from her.
There was no contract between Kim and I for the care that was provided for my pony Obelia. I was never given one.
It's that simple.

Sarah.

If you don"t have a copy or do not have a contract...it's on you. I suggest both of you seeking legal advice if you are disatisfied.

Moderator 1
Jan. 26, 2011, 08:34 AM
We removed some posts related to specific accusations that violate our posting policies and are closing this thread, as it's now also centering around a personal business dispute between two parties vs. the general reviews requested in the OP, which was from 2009.

Thanks,
Mod 1