PDA

View Full Version : Are they having the hunter class at the WC?

Paris
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen anything about it on line yet..

thanks

Arizona DQ
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:30 AM
It is dressage and jumpers only.

Paris
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:51 AM
they have had a hunter challenge exhibition on saturday afternoon. European riders vs american hunter riders. Lots of fun.

I was hoping that they would have this again.

MEP
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:53 PM
I also was wondering whether they were going to hold the Hunter Challenge again this time. It's not listed anywhere on the official website, but if I recall correctly, it was part of the "entertainment" rather than an official competition, therefore, it's not surprising that it's not on the list.

It was so popular in 2005 and 2007 that I imagine it will happen again, but we'll just have to wait & see!

Touchstone Farm
Apr. 2, 2009, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't miss the hunter challenge. I thought it was kind of silly.

akrogirl
Apr. 6, 2009, 08:10 PM
I thought it was way more fun than most of the Las Vegas-type entertainment they thrust upon us.

Arizona DQ
Apr. 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
I thought it was way more fun than most of the Las Vegas-type entertainment they thrust upon us.

what type of "entertainment"? I want to watch dressage.....:no:

hoopoe
Apr. 7, 2009, 04:12 PM
I agree I didnt see the hunter challenge last time but was only there for the dressage classes. The ridden entertainment , particularly the three horses with LED lights, was awesome.

I would enjoy the hunter ( or an EQ class !!!) more than dancers from some club

Pirateer
Apr. 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
what type of "entertainment"? I want to watch dressage.....:no:

Liberacci being driven into the ring in a limousine and his Piano being lowered from the ceiling?

That was lame.

The dressage quadrille thing with the lights was AWESOME!

lunchbox
Apr. 10, 2009, 01:00 AM
I saw both hunter challenges and loved them! IMHO, much more fun than the other "entertainment"...but then again hunters are my passion.

The commentary was hysterical, both times!!!

Don't know if they are doing it this year....hope so :)

Arizona DQ
Apr. 10, 2009, 11:57 AM
Liberacci being driven into the ring in a limousine and his Piano being lowered from the ceiling?
That was lame.

Oh dear...:no: That would be the time to hit the vendors, I would think...... ;)

Gunnar
Apr. 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
Do not forget this is Las Vegas! The land of entertainment, good and bad! :lol:

ESG
Apr. 10, 2009, 03:40 PM

Ditto. Marcus Ehning was hysterical the first year. :lol:

MEP
Apr. 10, 2009, 06:05 PM

That was lame.

Wow! If they have liberace driven into the ring it would be a miracle and create worldwide headlines since I believe he's been dead for many years.

and I agree! Marcus Ehnings Eq impression was Hysterical (wonder if he does a Liberace impression!!!)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peggy
Apr. 11, 2009, 01:22 AM
Wow! If they have liberace driven into the ring it would be a miracle and create worldwide headlines since I believe he's been dead for many years.

and I agree! Marcus Ehnings Eq impression was Hysterical (wonder if he does a Liberace impression!!!)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Liberace dead some 22 years according to the Dead or Alive website (http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/lnames-nf/Liberace).

Seal Harbor
Apr. 11, 2009, 01:58 AM
It's VEGAS, land of plastic and fake. He was an impersonator or the real Liberace had a really great make up artist! :lol::lol:

canyonoak
Apr. 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
Liberace and his piano?????

Perhaps you are thinking of Siegfried and Roy, the magicians who have the white tigers and are greatly beloved in the Las Vegas community. It was Roy who got mauled a few years ago and did make a miraculous recovery.