PDA

View Full Version : Amira Equi Shop

countrcanter
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:35 AM
Has anyone dealt with them recently? I ordered a new helmet quite a few weeks ago, and they have not responded to any of my emails asking for an update. I've also tried calling, but no one picks up.

I'm hoping they're still in business... I see they charged my credit card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CC

Coreene
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:41 AM
If this had happened to me, I would have called my credit card company. If they won't respond to you, perhaps they will respond to them.

countrcanter
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:09 AM
Coreene - If I didn't *really* want this helmet, I would have done so already. LOL.

I'm giving them until Wednesday and if I don't hear back, they will be hearing from my credit card company.

soloudinhere
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:09 AM
Did they send you a confirmation email?

The item is arriving from a foreign country, so it may be held in customs--usually it's fast, but sometimes you get the unlucky draw and it takes a couple weeks to clear.

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but are you accounting for the time difference when you call?

Coreene
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:10 AM
Fingers crossed that it shows up. I totally understand where you're coming from! :yes:

countrcanter
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:22 AM
The helmet I ordered was out of stock and they said they would be getting it within two weeks. I have sent a few emails just asking on the status and if it was going to take much longer, I wouldn't mind changing the color to one they have in stock. But of course, no one has gotten back to me! Which is so frustrating... Just answer my email!!

Alterageous, not a stupid question at all! They are 5 hours ahead I believe... So I have been calling from the East Coast in the morning... However, I have never gotten anyone on the phone.

I would really love to save some money and get this helmet from them, but at this point Dover's looking pretty good...

Sarabeth
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:20 PM
That is exactly what I did - ordered from Dover and was happy - after first getting a two-year old helmet, and then the wrong colored helmet from Amirashop.

Another Cother recently gave Amirashop a glowing review. That was not my experience, and I'd rather pay extra and buy from reliable US companies from now on - especially after my ongoing boot order ordeal with Cavaleurope :mad:

Ooh! Edited to add that all four of the helmets I ordered from Amirashop came wrapped in their triangular GPA box, covered with brown paper. Shipped all the way across the ocean - not double-boxed or anything. They were not really damaged or anything, but still...:no:

countrcanter
Mar. 31, 2009, 04:13 PM
That is exactly what I did - ordered from Dover and was happy - after first getting a two-year old helmet, and then the wrong colored helmet from Amirashop.

Another Cother recently gave Amirashop a glowing review. That was not my experience, and I'd rather pay extra and buy from reliable US companies from now on - especially after my ongoing boot order ordeal with Cavaleurope :mad:

Ooh! Edited to add that all four of the helmets I ordered from Amirashop came wrapped in their triangular GPA box, covered with brown paper. Shipped all the way across the ocean - not double-boxed or anything. They were not really damaged or anything, but still...:no:

What's so frustrating is that the website says that they have the helmet in stock! Everyday I keep hoping the helmet will be on my doorstep when I get home from work or riding... lol.

mew
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:20 PM
My experience with them is limited but wonderful. . .I ordered a full set of tall gel-tech eskadrons and they were in my grubby paws 3 days later! before dover's stuff had ever left the warehouse. So that doesn't sound like them at all.

Donkey
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:29 PM
I really like their prices and I've ordered from them several times. IME if it's in stock you get it really fast. If not they can be really really slow.

I started inquiring via email before I order to find out if it's in stock or not before ordering so I can decide if i can wait it out. IME, I've found that their email response can take a couple of days.

On a positive note I've always received everything i have ordered from them.

soloudinhere
Mar. 31, 2009, 05:49 PM
The helmet I ordered was out of stock and they said they would be getting it within two weeks. I have sent a few emails just asking on the status and if it was going to take much longer, I wouldn't mind changing the color to one they have in stock. But of course, no one has gotten back to me! Which is so frustrating... Just answer my email!!

Alterageous, not a stupid question at all! They are 5 hours ahead I believe... So I have been calling from the East Coast in the morning... However, I have never gotten anyone on the phone.

I would really love to save some money and get this helmet from them, but at this point Dover's looking pretty good...

Glad it wasn't a stupid question! When I worked at a tack shop in France, we would get semi-frequent calls from american buyers leaving messages at 11pm our time, demanding to know why we weren't answering the phone at 3pm! well, there is that whole ocean in the way...

horsepoor
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:07 PM
I've ordered twice from them. Most recently, the order arrived FAST and was exactly as it was supposed to be. The other time, they sent the wrong size and when I e-mailed them about exchanging for the correct size (and not wanting to pay the shipping back to them, since it was their error), it took a really long time and several e-mails to get a response. I was like the OP, pretty frustrated, but they finally did get back to me and made the exchange. It just took some time (I think it was about 10 days to get the first e-mail response, then another MONTH to get the right item sent to me -- they had been waiting to receive it from the maker but didn't let me know that there was a delay).

Bearhunter
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:18 AM
I ordered from them (Pikeurs) and it took about 3 weeks to get them. A little slow (even from Europe) but for the savings, it was worth it!

countrcanter
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:33 AM
Has anyone ever gotten someone on the phone? I keep calling, but no one has answered.

NMK
Apr. 1, 2009, 03:40 PM
It took me over six months to get a Pikeur, nothing special ordered. Not one e-mail returned. I resorted to calling them, and they claimed that Pikeur "shuts down." I'd like to work for them, with a six month vacation.

N

countrcanter
Apr. 1, 2009, 09:25 PM
NMK, I'm impressed you were able to talk to an actual person! I have been calling for days and have yet to get a live person on the phone...

Lucassb
Apr. 1, 2009, 09:35 PM
I ordered from them recently (or rather, my non-horsey DH did) and was super pleased at the service and delivery I got. I actually had an email exchange on a SUNDAY about a sizing issue - the person was working from home and despite the fact that it was already afternoon here in CT, they replied promptly and stayed "online" until the issue was resolved. I had my stuff - a GPA Speed Air & a pair of Pikeur Ciara breeches - two days later, despite the fact that we specified regular shipping, not expedited. I got an awesome deal (about 50% off the retail cost here; you can do a search for my post on the specifics) and would not hesitate to order from them again.

countrcanter
Apr. 1, 2009, 09:49 PM
Lucassb, if you don't mind me asking, are you just emailing through the info@amira email address? I have tried both that address as well as the email address of the associate who confirmed my order and have yet to receive a response.

The whole experience started out very promising. But now I have not heard back from them for at least a week and a half.

Thanks for your help!

Lucassb
Apr. 1, 2009, 10:04 PM
Lucassb, if you don't mind me asking, are you just emailing through the info@amira email address? I have tried both that address as well as the email address of the associate who confirmed my order and have yet to receive a response.

The whole experience started out very promising. But now I have not heard back from them for at least a week and a half.

Thanks for your help!

The addy I have is Ib.Ravn-Aagaard@amira-equi.com ... hope it helps. I do know that several people who ordered out of stock items did have to wait a bit for them; as with some US companies, the websites are not always 100% up to date and then you are essentially at the mercy of *their* supplier (although they should keep you in the loop on the status.)

I had the same issue myself with www.cavaleurope.com, after ordering a pair of Sergio Grassos that were supposedly in stock and ended up having to cancel my order after a lot of grief - but lots of other COTHers had great experiences with them. Go figure.

Hope you are able to get what you are looking for.

heartinrye
Apr. 1, 2009, 11:48 PM
Whenever I ordered a helmet from them it was at my house in under 3 days.

I recently ordered Pikeurs from them, when they weren't here after 5 days I emailed and was responded to almost immediately. My whites came about 3 weeks later, my safari's an additional 2, BUT I paid no extra shipping charges (which means they took a big hit) and the breeches are less that 1/2 the price they are here, so its worth the wait for me :)

horsepoor
Apr. 1, 2009, 11:49 PM
The addy I have is Ib.Ravn-Aagaard@amira-equi.com ... hope it helps.

Just wanted to say that is the same e-mail address that I received my responses from -- I had sent my initial message to info@amirashop.co.uk but the only responses came from that other address.

Lou-Lou
Apr. 2, 2009, 09:48 AM
Glad it wasn't a stupid question! When I worked at a tack shop in France, we would get semi-frequent calls from american buyers leaving messages at 11pm our time, demanding to know why we weren't answering the phone at 3pm! well, there is that whole ocean in the way...

Haha! Wow...:cool: