PDA

View Full Version : Edgewood.....

Marieke
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:01 PM
yes?
No?
So passe?

What do you think?

(I'm getting the feeling that people don't want them as much anymore as they used to, am I completely off base?)

PS I love them

Linz
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:03 PM
They're very pretty but they run enormous and stretch a lot.

I can't say as far as what is hip and with it this year :)

eqrider1234
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:05 PM
I prefer my Aramas bridle, supposidly a better cut of leather according to the tack store guy who sells both.

lauriep
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:17 PM
Love them, have a tackroom full of them, have NO problem with stretching. But they DO make the darn throatlatches about 2" longer than they need to be. On all size bridles!

WorthTheWait95
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:19 PM
Love my edgewoods. Still have my very first pony's edgewood bridle (about 15 years old now) and use it daily on one of my current horses (he has a tiny head..). It's still in perfect shape and no one believes me when I tell them how old it is. My newer ones are holding up just as well. I've never had a problem with stretching either really. Maybe just a hair in my figure 8 noseband but nothing horrible.

OneMoreTime
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:30 PM
I love mine. I just got a new wide noseband, padded bridle & think it is gorgeous.

phoenix mom
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:32 PM
Our favorite. I have never noticed a stretching problem and never had an issue with quality.

Credosporthorses
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:39 PM
I absolutly love them! All of my horses have one and to this day have not had any problem with stretching, at least not noticible. I think they are great and i have what seems like EVERY peice from pony bridle and martingale to OS horse. LOVE THEM!

Go Fish
Mar. 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
Wouldn't buy anything else. Besides quality of leather, pay close attention to the stitching...the more stitches per inch, the better.

Giddy-up
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:58 AM
I have 2. I like them. Haven't had any issues.

ImJumpin
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:20 AM
I have one. No stretching, although they do run on the big side. Mine has been soaked in a downpour more than once-- never looses dye or stretches after such situations either. I love the look of it and the feel. I have the Aramas wide noseband, and the leather is not as nice as the Edgewood. I *think* the Aramas were made by the same as the Pessoas, and the Aramas are no longer being made, only the Pessoas. The prior Aramas I had leaked glue like no other and the leather broke down a bit. The tackstore took it back and that is when I got the Edgewood. No signs of that with the Edgewood-- and I have had it for several years at this point. I have not used the wide noseband Aramas yet, so I don't know if I am going to have the same sort of problems with it.

Lou-Lou
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:22 AM
Love them. They do stretch, in my experience, and run a bit large, but you can just buy a size down.

They look fantastic forever and the leather is superb. :)

Summit Springs Farm
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:23 AM
I have three, two with the wide nose band, very pretty. I sent one back to cut down the extra large throat latch and they did no problem. That one is a cob size for my yearling as she has a very dainty head;)

nomorecold
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:51 AM
They are my favorite! They are also one of the few family owned bridle makers here in the US. I gladly support smaller, local (ish) businesses whenever I can.

I also like how the person with an unlimited budget can use them as a nice schooling bridle, the person on a budget can reserve them for shows and look great in the ring, and the person who can only have one bridle can use them for both because they hold up great.

Equus_girl
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:44 AM
I will be in minority here, but I hate Edgewood's color :)

WorthTheWait95
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:46 AM
I will be in minority here, but I hate Edgewood's color :)

Even after they're oiled? They just look havana. The orange at the start is a bit startling prior to oiling, though.

pattnic
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:56 AM
I have the Aramas wide noseband, and the leather is not as nice as the Edgewood. I *think* the Aramas were made by the same as the Pessoas, and the Aramas are no longer being made, only the Pessoas.

The Aramas bridles were actually made by Harmohn Kraft for English Riding Supply.

Edgewoods are nice, but I do feel that they are a bit overpriced. I do have a few Edgewood things, however, and wouldn't hesitate to get more if I needed them. :)

Equus_girl
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:09 AM
Even after they're oiled? They just look havana. The orange at the start is a bit startling prior to oiling, though.

:O I take that back...
The ones I have seen in our tackshops were always this dark red - pomegranate color, and oiling did not do much...
I am all for this orange :) In fact, I think that's what my "yet another item of horse tack" fund is going :)

http://www.123tack.com/winning/product.asp?dept_id=3490&pf_id=PAAAIALLDMFKECFK&ad_id=feedperfect&key_id=EdgewoodFancyPaddedBridle5/8%22&productid=PAAAIALLDMFKECFK&channelid=FROOG

BAC
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:01 PM
I prefer my Aramas bridle, supposidly a better cut of leather according to the tack store guy who sells both.

I have to disagree with this statement. Although Aramas is a nice bridle for the money, I think Edgewood is a better quality overall, I like them a lot.