PDA

View Full Version : Boarding near Morristown NJ? Can anyone help?

tricoloreddogs
Mar. 30, 2009, 07:47 PM
I am desperatly looking for a place in Morris county New Jersey, in or near the Morristown area to board one or possibly two horses. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tini Sea Soldier
Mar. 30, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hi...

Ravenswood Farm (Sandy Lobel) isn't far from there...in Harding Township.
I don't have a contact number... but I'm sure someone on here probably has it.

Also, Smoke Rise in Kinnelon isn't too far... about a 20-25 minute drive up 287 to Route 23.

Hope that helps!

IsolaBella09
Mar. 30, 2009, 08:07 PM
You are right next to 287 which in 20-30 minutes can get you to the heart of horse country. There are lots of barns in Bedminster, Whitehouse Station, Lebanon, Long Valley, etc. Here's a list:

Holland Brook Stable (where I currently am, PM for more info)
Palermo Show Stable
The Ridge Farm
Resolution Farm
Lightfields
Liberty Farm (right around the corner from us)
Hunter's Crossing
Crewe Hill

HiddenHollow
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:42 PM
What type of facility are you looking for?

TwoDreamRides
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
Hey =]
I live in Madison and board north of Smoke Rise at the West Milford Equestrian Center in Newfoundland/West Milford. www.westmilfordequestrian.com

There's also Heritage Stables in Randolph, depending on what you are looking for.

BoysNightOut
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:03 AM
No help, but I used to live in Morris Plains, NJ. :)

Ray
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:07 AM
I dont know if this is close enough for you.... in Hunterdon Cty, I know the owner, very good person

http://toplinefarm.net/

gg4918
Mar. 31, 2009, 08:28 AM
I live in Morristown (Harding actually, but my address is Morristown.) and go to school in Summit.

Barns that I would suggest:
Liberty Farm (http://www.libertyfarmnj.com/Home.html) - In my opinion the best service in New Jersey. Barn is immaculate, horses are gleaming and always receive compliments on their appearance, trainers are top of the line (I mean, c'mon, Gary's kids have won Medal finals and theres !). The atmosphere is friendly with a healthy mix of juniors and amateurs and is literally drama free. Its about a 20-25 minute drive from Mo-Town. (287 south, 78west?, then about just a few miles off the exit). My top choice, and I have super high standards. Its very well known and has a super reputation.

Resolution Farm (http://resolutionfarm.com/) - Gary was here prior to Liberty. Facility is incredible, tons of horses, Amanda is a great trainer and Annabel is so cool.

Fox Chase Farm (http://www.foxchase.net/) - This is where I boarded before I moved to Liberty. Gorgeous facility, lots of boarders have been there for years and are extremely satisfied. Its family run and a fun atmosphere. Sarah and Sebastian are super fun trainers.

Palermo Show Stable (http://palermoshowstable.com/) - I adore Osvaldo and Gretchen. They really work hard to bring the best to their customers. Great training, they host really well run horse shows right on their property.

Hunters Crossing with Robert Beck is near Resolution and is fantastic. Really nothing that I can say wrong there and Robert's track record speak for itself.

Message me if you have any questions or want to hear a more personal opinion of some of these barns..

tricoloreddogs
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hi...

Ravenswood Farm (Sandy Lobel) isn't far from there...in Harding Township.
I don't have a contact number... but I'm sure someone on here probably has it.

Also, Smoke Rise in Kinnelon isn't too far... about a 20-25 minute drive up 287 to Route 23.

Hope that helps!

I was told that Crewe hill is now where Ravenswood/hilltop use to be? & Crewe hill is full at the moment.....

Penthilisea
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:31 AM
I concur with Ray, topline is terrific care, owner and facilities. It's about 5 minutes off route 78. You can pm me for info if you want, Owner is a friend.

gg4918
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:04 AM
Crewe hill is on Sandspring Ln in Harding (basically morristown)

CHS
Mar. 31, 2009, 11:42 AM
No help, but I used to live in Morris Plains, NJ. :)

I grew up on Park Road

tricoloreddogs
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:21 PM
Crewe hill is on Sandspring Ln in Harding (basically morristown)

Yes this is the only larger barn I know of in Morristown and they are full....

FarnleyGarnet
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:29 PM
I lived in Morristown until I was 7... oh memories. :)

My house backed up to Seaton Hackney Stables... is it still there? That was the reason I started riding. I could see the horses from my backyard and started begging to ride when I first started walking and talking.

gg4918
Mar. 31, 2009, 01:25 PM
Seaton Hackney is still there.

BoysNightOut
Apr. 2, 2009, 10:08 AM
I grew up on Park Road

I grew up on Dogwood Road in Morris Plains. I was born there in '83, and moved to NY in the winter of '89 when I was 6. But most of my family was down there, and we used to go to the Jersey Shore every summer.

Jersey is still "home" to me. :)

NCtoCO
Apr. 2, 2009, 12:44 PM
I recommend Jonesie at Logan's Brook. I rode with her in the 80s and she was fantastic. I don't know much about her current facility because I moved away 15 years ago, but I always thought she provided excellent care and truly loved the horses.

http://www.logansbrook.com/home.htm

tricoloreddogs
Apr. 6, 2009, 01:05 PM
I live in Morristown (Harding actually, but my address is Morristown.) and go to school in Summit.

Barns that I would suggest:
Liberty Farm (http://www.libertyfarmnj.com/Home.html) - In my opinion the best service in New Jersey. Barn is immaculate, horses are gleaming and always receive compliments on their appearance, trainers are top of the line (I mean, c'mon, Gary's kids have won Medal finals and theres !). The atmosphere is friendly with a healthy mix of juniors and amateurs and is literally drama free. Its about a 20-25 minute drive from Mo-Town. (287 south, 78west?, then about just a few miles off the exit). My top choice, and I have super high standards. Its very well known and has a super reputation.

Resolution Farm (http://resolutionfarm.com/) - Gary was here prior to Liberty. Facility is incredible, tons of horses, Amanda is a great trainer and Annabel is so cool.

Fox Chase Farm (http://www.foxchase.net/) - This is where I boarded before I moved to Liberty. Gorgeous facility, lots of boarders have been there for years and are extremely satisfied. Its family run and a fun atmosphere. Sarah and Sebastian are super fun trainers.

Palermo Show Stable (http://palermoshowstable.com/) - I adore Osvaldo and Gretchen. They really work hard to bring the best to their customers. Great training, they host really well run horse shows right on their property.

Hunters Crossing with Robert Beck is near Resolution and is fantastic. Really nothing that I can say wrong there and Robert's track record speak for itself.

Message me if you have any questions or want to hear a more personal opinion of some of these barns..

Palermo is the closest of the bunch to me I would have definatly consider traveling out there except they do not have access to any hacking which is essential for me.

Anybody know of other barns in Bedminster that are easy to get to right off 78?

amt813
Apr. 6, 2009, 01:27 PM
Fox Chase Farms has easy access off of Route 78 and is a beautiful farm - see above posts.

Also right in that area is Hidden Brook Farm which is a nice facility. Right next door to Hidden Brook is another farm Rivers Edge Farm (I think is the name) that I really know nothing about except that it is there. All three of these are on the same road and have very easy access to Route 78.

IsolaBella09
Apr. 6, 2009, 01:31 PM
Palermo is the closest of the bunch to me I would have definatly consider traveling out there except they do not have access to any hacking which is essential for me.

I believe the Kellogg farm, Ravenswood, is right across the street (78) from Palermo. They may have access to trails. Their barn is brand new and is absolutely gorgeous. They have a very nice built barn and their indoor is spacious and very well lighted. I would stop by or call, as I don't think they have a website.

gg4918
Apr. 6, 2009, 02:28 PM
I still say Liberty! I drive down 78 to get there everyday and its really really easy.

tricoloreddogs
Apr. 9, 2009, 05:03 PM
What about Bernardsville or Basking Ridge anybody know of barns in near those towns?

IsolaBella09
Apr. 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
What about Bernardsville or Basking Ridge anybody know of barns in near those towns?

Not sure about Bernardsville, I think Lord Stirling Stables may havea couple boarders, but they are more of a lesson barn. Crewe Hill is about 5 minutes from Basking Ridge. Red Oak Farm in Stirling, NJ is about 5-10 minutes from Basking Ridge. They are right down the street from where I live. PM for more information, as I am good friends with the owner and her daughter. Love Red Oak! :D

WWCountry
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:12 PM
If you don't need full service (ie: grooming, tacking up) there is a really nice new facility on Route 517, a couple of miles past downtown Oldwick. Very close to 78. Its called Sunny Fields Farm and you can check out their website at www.sunnyfieldsfarm.com. Nice paddocks, beautiful indoor, ok outdoor, lots of fields to ride in and on the Tewksbury trail system.

gg4918
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:37 PM
Lived in Basking Ridge. You can try shannon hill stables in Basking Ridge/Liberty Corner....

CallMeGrace
Apr. 9, 2009, 08:56 PM
This is fun! I grew up in Mendham, rode in Peapack/Gladstone. Great memories....:)

Penthilisea
Apr. 9, 2009, 09:04 PM
Topline is 5 minutes off Rt 78, exit 11.
There are local trails as well as the Alexandria Equestrian Association Trail system.

njhorsegurl
Jun. 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
where is shannon hill stables?

anyone know more about it?

uniongrove
Jun. 10, 2009, 02:05 PM
shannon hill is on somerville rd in basking ridge, however i think it is a "polo"
barn, or very beginner up down lesson barn. i do not think they horse show.

NCtoCO
Jun. 10, 2009, 02:09 PM
I rode at Shannon Hill back in the 1990s. Susan Van Blarcom was the trainer there back then, and she has moved to Summerfield Farm in Pittstown. I don't know what Shannon Hill is like now. It was a pretty nice barn back then.

Here is information about Summerfield:
http://www.summerfieldfarmriding.com/home.html

IsolaBella09
Jun. 10, 2009, 03:18 PM
If you're still looking for something right in Basking Ridge, I used to ride at Logan's Brook with Nancy Jones in Basking Ridge. She was excellent for beginners and intermediate riders, as she worked with top professionals in the business. She may have some stalls available.

http://www.logansbrook.com/home.htm

njhorsegurl
Jun. 11, 2009, 01:11 PM
would logan's brook be a good fit for a more advanced rider?

haflingerhorse
Jun. 11, 2009, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=gg4918;3986954]I live in Morristown (Harding actually, but my address is Morristown.) and go to school in Summit.
QUOTE]

OT, but my daughter goes to KPS, in Summit!

I would also recommend Heritage Stables. Great facility and the BM is on top of everything.

Is Red Oak Farm the new Blackbrook?

NCtoCO
Jun. 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
would logan's brook be a good fit for a more advanced rider?

I believe so. Jonesie is an excellent trainer with good connections to other professionals as well. I would definitely go back to her if I ever moved back to the area.

njhorsegurl
Jun. 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yes the old Black Brook is now leased by Bethie Dayton and renamed Red Oak

Penthilisea
Jun. 11, 2009, 07:30 PM
Summerfield is mostly jumpers now. Short on turnout but top notch training. :)

JOBEAN
Jun. 12, 2009, 08:06 AM
I was told that Crewe hill is now where Ravenswood/hilltop use to be? & Crewe hill is full at the moment.....

Does Crewe Hill have a website?

abv1269
Mar. 22, 2010, 09:50 AM
I am desperatly looking for a place in Morris county New Jersey, in or near the Morristown area to board one or possibly two horses. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've been doing the Morris County barn tour for a week and 1/2 now. My trainer leaving our barn and her new place might be too far from me, as I live further north up 287.

If you want to compare notes, reply to this and we can get offline and chat.

There's a gorgeous new place in Chester called Baltic Coast, you might want to look at thier site: www.balticcoaststables.com

abv1269
Mar. 22, 2010, 11:56 AM

If by hacking you mean trails, there are tons of trails around here and ways to get to them from Palermo. Who told you that?

Indy100
Mar. 22, 2010, 03:26 PM
GG2918 - your info seems to be dated. Gary hasn't been at Liberty for quite a while, he's back at Autumn View.

Indy100
Mar. 22, 2010, 03:29 PM
Found this online - anyone heard of this farm?

Cima Stables
270 Cedar Ridge Road
Bedminster
NJ, 07921
(908) 377-4215

info@cimastables.com

purplnurpl
Mar. 22, 2010, 03:46 PM
ahhhh!!

Purp is from Morristown! Proud graduate of Morristown High School. : )

But I'm in Texas now so I'm no help. sorry.

TSWJB
Mar. 22, 2010, 04:30 PM

Cima Stables
270 Cedar Ridge Road
Bedminster
NJ, 07921
(908) 377-4215

info@cimastables.com
i took my horse hunting last summer with the spring valley hounds. i met some people who trained/boarded there and they loved it. they said the trainer luis was excellent. thats all i heard about it.

amt813
Mar. 22, 2010, 09:38 PM
GG2918 - your info seems to be dated. Gary hasn't been at Liberty for quite a while, he's back at Autumn View.

This thread was started over a year ago ... so GG4918's information isn't dated, the thread is.

abv1269
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:42 AM

Cima Stables
270 Cedar Ridge Road
Bedminster
NJ, 07921
(908) 377-4215

info@cimastables.com

Seems like a nice place. See them out on the trails quite a bit.

abv1269
Mar. 23, 2010, 10:43 AM
Cima is right around th corner from me. Seems like a good place, and I see them on the trails quite a bit.

patterson
Mar. 23, 2010, 03:06 PM
Ditto what abv1269 said about Palermo--tons of rideout around there and the whole Tewksbury trail system. I ride out of a private barn next door, it would be bizarre for Palermo to not be hooked in. And I know Sarah is a foxhunter.

Marimee2
Mar. 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
There is a nice, private type barn in Boonton, NJ that you might want to call. Indoor, turnout, etc. Last I was there she was working on some updates, new stalls, etc.
Might be worth calling:
RiverVu Farms 973-299-9538