PDA

View Full Version : american invitational?

katherine w
Mar. 30, 2009, 10:19 AM
Is it cancelled this year?

jumpingmaya
Mar. 30, 2009, 10:20 AM
No... I will be there :yes:
Went and watched the qualifying grand prix in Tampa yesterday... Only 4 clear rounds out of 47 starts... :eek:
The Invitational is this upcoming saturday (April 4th) at 7 PM

Platinum Equestrian
Mar. 30, 2009, 01:09 PM
We'll be there, just like every other year...;)

Mollitor
Mar. 30, 2009, 02:31 PM
Im deffinitly going to be there!

tailgaiting <3

findlymine
Mar. 30, 2009, 02:35 PM
my mom's horse Mr. Demeanor won it in 1976

MHM
Mar. 30, 2009, 04:17 PM
No... I will be there :yes:
Went and watched the qualifying grand prix in Tampa yesterday... Only 4 clear rounds out of 47 starts... :eek:
The Invitational is this upcoming saturday (April 4th) at 7 PM

Did they just base the Invitational qualifiers on one class? Not on all money won at Tampa?

katherine w
Mar. 30, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks. I had my weeks mixed up and thought the traditional timing had passed. I have not heard much about it this year. Is qualification from all of WEF or just the Tampa shows?

MHM
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:12 PM
Is qualification from all of WEF or just the Tampa shows?

I believe just Tampa, since the management at WEF and Tampa is no longer the same group.

I had the impression it was from more than just one class at Tampa, which is why I posted that question.

MHM
Mar. 30, 2009, 09:36 PM
OK, checked the Tampa prize list out of curiosity. The 35 Invitational entries are based on prize money won at Tampa so far in the two $35K classes and the $75K class, as well as invitations for last year's class winner, the US Olympic team from last year, Olympic individual gold medalist Eric Lamaze, and two discretionary slots.

Gwendolyn
Mar. 31, 2009, 10:12 AM
Holy crap! :eek: So that means that ALL of the BNRs (at least if they want to be in the Invitational) had to go to Tampa from Wellington? What a pain in the @$$!!

I will be there! I wasn't going to go, but a fellow boarder just told me last night she has a free ticket!! Yay!!!

MHM
Mar. 31, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yes, it used to be for money won all winter, but now it's just money won at Tampa, plus the other slots for the Olympic riders and last year's winner.

Gwendolyn
Mar. 31, 2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, that sucks. I (not that I'll EVER make it to that level...lol) would hate to have to leave my barn in Grand Prix Village to set up shop at Tampa for 3(?) weeks and show the crap out of my horse for those few weeks to make it to the Invitational!

So does this mean that the WEF management now has nothing to do with the Invitational either?

I wonder if this will change the calibre of horses at the Invitational. Will the BNRs want to go to Tampa for 3 (idk how many) weeks JUST to have a shot at the Invitational?

Will they have the parade of champions from WEF or just Tampa?

findlymine
Mar. 31, 2009, 03:14 PM
The thing with getting to show in the inviational is Gene Mische can put whom eveer he wants in there. You have to "qualify" but lets just say this most of the riders that are in tampa from wef would not come to Tampa without knowing they had a spot in the invitational. A little way of getting more people to come to the horseshow.

MHM
Mar. 31, 2009, 03:24 PM
Will they have the parade of champions from WEF or just Tampa?[/QUOTE]

They already held the parade of champions for the Wellington circuit last Saturday night, before the second round of the hunter derby. Not sure what they're doing at Tampa.

I'm sure there will still be plenty of good horses at the Invitational. It is a $200,000 class, after all. That's a good chunk of prize money.

Platinum Equestrian
Mar. 31, 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm sure it will be wonderful, just like every other year!

Hunter/JumperMom
Apr. 1, 2009, 02:40 PM
Any updates on how it's going today???