PDA

View Full Version : Non fading breeches

equinkel
Mar. 29, 2009, 12:23 PM
This has probably been discussed before.... but I desperatly need to find some breeches that don't fade and pill. I want a pair more like high quality workout pants. High quality, not too shiny, hold you in, type of pants. The cotton ones fade, pill, grab on to dirt and hair... gross. Any suggestions? Preferably under $100.

nlk
Mar. 29, 2009, 02:03 PM
I use a type by devon Aire that are great material. I will have to look which ones they are and get back to you but when on sale in Dover they are something like $30.

I love them, they are not tights, they repel stains like no other (and when I ware them it's for 8-10 hours at a time...) they are cooler then cotton too. Also I have never had a pair snag on me.

I know "gasp" Devon Aires! But they fit me and I can use them for schooling and showing with out breaking the bank...

Hunter Mom
Mar. 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
I have the Ariat Brittany's which I love. I wear mine regularly, and they've held up great - they run right at $100. I know they make other styles from the same fabric.

JB
Mar. 29, 2009, 04:26 PM
I believe the Platinum breeches used to be the brand I have, though for the life of me I can't recall what that is :o since they're pretty old, and if that's the case, these are great. I've had mine for at least 10 years, and while there is a *little* pilling, it's hardly worth mentioning. And, last I checked, the Platinum was about $99.

theroanypony
Mar. 29, 2009, 04:36 PM
I have several pairs of Riding Sport schooling breeches (the ones with the yellow elastic waste band). I got them as hand-me-downs and absolutely love them! They're old, really old, and have yet to fade or pill. They're really high rise, but because they don't have zippers you can fold them down which is what I really love about them. They aren't that pretty, though I have received complements on them, but they're by far the most comfortable, well made schoolies I've ever had. No velcro bottoms, like the Cotton Natties have. I definitely suggest checking them out.

superpony123
Mar. 29, 2009, 06:35 PM
i have a great pair of kerrits breeches. they were cheap, like $30, and they havent faded or pilled or anything. they dont really hold dirt either. theyre super comfy, they kind of feel like workout pants as far as material and fit go, and i like them! i dont' know the model exactly, but i just know theyre kerrits :)

iridehorses
Mar. 29, 2009, 07:05 PM
i have a great pair of kerrits breeches. they were cheap, like $30, and they havent faded or pilled or anything. they dont really hold dirt either. theyre super comfy, they kind of feel like workout pants as far as material and fit go, and i like them! i dont' know the model exactly, but i just know theyre kerrits :)

i have kerrits too. i willl never again buy their summer tights, they are terrible, skin tight-ew, ha. && the summer ones do not keep you in the saddle AT ALL!!! i hate those.
on the other hand, the kerrits winter breeches i love!!
i also like irideons, but i only wear the kerrits & irideons in the winter, and breeches such as grand prix in the summer (i got mine for $99 i think)

JB
Mar. 29, 2009, 07:43 PM
I just realized, so sorry, that you're looking for "tights" :o

Definitely Kerrits, they rock. I have several pairs. The Performance Tights are the ones that are less cottony and less likely to pill, ever.

Trixie
Mar. 29, 2009, 09:24 PM
I was absolutely against "riding tights" for years, until I bought a pair of Kerrits on sale. I still won't wear them off my farm because I think they're hideously ugly, but daaaamn they're comfy and the quality is nice.

JB
Mar. 29, 2009, 09:26 PM
I forgot about the Irideon tights, love them just as much as the Kerrits.

equinkel
Apr. 1, 2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks for all the replys. I don't have a preference over the tights or pants. I just want something to school in that I can wear in public, won't scare my horse with their uglyness, and last awhile. I'm going to purchase them online. I would love it if you guys can post a link to the pants you're speaking of. Thanks!

theroanypony
Apr. 1, 2009, 11:04 AM
Here's a link to the breeches I was talking about.
http://www.doversaddlery.com/riding-sport-schooler-riding-tights/p/X1-35387/cn/6/

The photos they provide make them look disgusting, but in real life they really aren't that bad. These are the two I mainly wear because I love them so very much, they the brown and gray ones.
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs012.snc1/2631_140463455322_765875322_6074544_8150551_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs012.snc1/2631_134351575322_765875322_5924570_1796869_n.jpg

equinkel
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:31 PM
I went with the devon aire hipster xwear. Very cute and super low rise.
I also ordered the devon aire pro in the same material b/c they came in long length, unfortuanitly they are classic rise. They look pretty granny and they're light in color so they look a little see through. We'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the replys.

chawley
Apr. 7, 2009, 01:04 PM
I have a pair of these Ariats:

http://www.tackroominc.com/ariat-all-circuit-side-zip-breech-p-3560.html

They are a micro-fiber material that doesn't fade, shrink, or stain (stuff just wipes off - it's cool!) Mine are three years old now and look brand new - great for daily schooling. They are low rise and come in either side or front zip too.

LARGEBORE
Apr. 7, 2009, 08:12 PM
Seems like cotton breeches are prone to fading alot.
The nylon and microfiber synthetics are much much better.